PDA

View Full Version : F3S Flashing brake light?

Revrent
06-01-2018, 04:27 PM
I just talked to SpyderPops about getting my wifes F3S rear brake lights to flash and they told me they only have add on lights that do that. Is there any product that will flash the rear brake light when applied (like numerous ones on two wheel bikes)? I do not want to add additional lights.

Thank you
John

Uticat
06-01-2018, 06:08 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Brake-Stop-12V-Light-Strobe-Flash-Safety-Module-Controller-for-Can-Am-Moto/191928971255?hash=item2cafdbaff7:g:rBsAAOSwWfFXkl1 U

JKMSPYDER
06-01-2018, 07:09 PM
​Check Custom Dynamics. I believe they have one.

hypurone
06-01-2018, 07:13 PM
Haven't seen one yet that can modulate the OE lights on an F3/F3S!

Because of the way the Spyder's turn signals and brake lights are handled via the BCM, the two circuits can't be isolated so you can't get just one side to flash when the signal is applied....

The cleanest implementation IMO, of an "add-on" option is the one from Electrical Connection which is an LED light bar that attaches to the top or bottom of the license plate. Completely plug-n-play connectors and high quality and adjustable for flash rate & length!

I still don't see it on their site even after a couple years now. I wonder if he changed his mind about bringing it to market for the masses. I have been running it since 2016 with out issues. If interested you could always call him (Lewis).

I believe I have some pics in my Garage of it and there is a post by me that you can search for that has some.....

JayBros
06-01-2018, 07:41 PM
​Check Custom Dynamics. I believe they have one.

I just put a Custom Dynamics Magic Strobe system on my bike and went to their web site but couldn't find one for the F3. The system needs storage space for a little control box that fits nicely on the right sidewall of the trunk. It would be worth giving them a call, 800-382-1388.

IGETAROUND
06-01-2018, 08:53 PM
If you put your modulator inline(in between) the power wire of the brake switch by the brake pedal and the brake lights, your brake lights will be flashed every time you step on the brake pedal.

Al in Kazoo