PDA

View Full Version : Inital service check

RYDRS
05-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Good evening all

My Spyder is coming up to the reqired time for the first checkup.
Should I take it into the shop or is it just a waist of money.
I am quite able to change oil,filters and check the machine myself and if it is like the first checks they give any automobile on their first time in to the shop, the money would be better spent on more fun accessories.

This is a great forum.. Love the feedback.

:shemademe_smilie:

Roaddog2
05-30-2009, 09:12 PM
welcome:congrats::ohyea:

Trickie Dick
05-30-2009, 10:03 PM
welcome You might want to have the dealer hook it to BUDDS the first time around.

bone crusher
05-30-2009, 10:41 PM
I say go with the dealer for service calls...nice to keep warranty issues smooth....

The issue is not whether or not you can do the service, the issue is that you cannot prove the work has been done and if there is a warranty issue, you might get in trouble...

Plus, you cannot play with the computer and reset things like they can at the dealership....

max continuous
05-31-2009, 12:30 AM
Go to the dealer.
Mine is overdue and called. They said that the oil is the least they do.
Lots of re-torques all over the bike. The big thing is the belt tension. Makes sense. And The Budds thing is pretty important. I actually blew through my 1st inspection by 600km. and I was pretty freaked about warranty. Shoudn't be a problem according to my shop. I dropped my oil at 400km. myself just to get rid of the breakin crud, so on that level i'm not worried.
Max

dltang
05-31-2009, 01:08 AM
welcome and for the first check, it isn't a bad idea to have the dealer do it.

fastfraser
05-31-2009, 04:43 AM
welcome I'm in the same boat . Going to suck it up and take it to the dealer Tues. Flat fee $200 plus oil, washers and o-ring $275 plus tax so a hair over $300 for a oil change.:gaah:

They got me this time. Will do most of the work myself after this except for the big stuff. Roller bearings, valve clearences .

Lamonster
05-31-2009, 05:25 AM
28,000+ miles and have yet to take it to a dealer for service.
welcome