PDA

View Full Version : Riding the curves!

I-Day
05-31-2018, 09:50 PM
I think I’m finally getting use to three wheels! I’m finding if I lean into the curves and push with my outside leg the curves go much better! Is this the right way? After 40 years on two wheels and thousands of miles I think im catching on finally!

sunshiny01
05-31-2018, 09:57 PM
YES YOU ARE GETTING THE HANG OF IT,:clap:HOWER IF YOU SLIDE YOUR BOTTOM OVER IN THE DIRECTION OF THE LEAN YOU CAN TAKE THE CURVE SHARPER AND FASTER.:spyder2:

Lew L
05-31-2018, 09:59 PM
Push on the o/s foot. I also bend my inside elbow to lower the c/g, also brace with i/ s knee against the " tank". cha, cha, cha.

Lew L

BajaRon
05-31-2018, 10:06 PM
It's the same kind of exhilaration you had on 2 wheels once you get into the groove. It starts to feel right and natural and a lot of fun. A different sort of exhilaration, but very similar in magnitude.

You become one with the machine and it can't be beat!

Kiry
05-31-2018, 10:08 PM
LLLEEAANNNN!!!! You got this!

PistonBlown
06-01-2018, 01:41 AM
YES YOU ARE GETTING THE HANG OF IT,:clap:HOWER IF YOU SLIDE YOUR BOTTOM OVER IN THE DIRECTION OF THE LEAN YOU CAN TAKE THE CURVE SHARPER AND FASTER.:spyder2:

That's the advantage of the RS. It has a nice smooth, curved seat that lets you move around a lot in the corners. That was the main issue I had when I took an F3 out on a test ride, the shape of the seat and the feet forward position hampered my attempts to move around. It was enough of a hinderance that I ended up being significantly slower around the test circuit I was using...and why the salesman lost a sale and I've still got my original RS:-)

Bob Denman
06-01-2018, 06:53 AM
:D BINGO!!! :thumbup:

easysuper
06-01-2018, 08:01 AM
when my wife first started to ride her own bike at 64 tears old and had never ridden a bike except behind me, when asked how it felt her answer was, When I first started it was kind of scary but a little fun, now It's a lot of fun and only a tinny bit scary. Here is a picture of her riding the Angles Crest Hwy . When I was building the Buffalo Wild Wings in Glendale we would go up and camp and ride all weekend. One of my favorite rides with great twisties , views, and Newcomes Ranch is a great place to stop and eat.
161878 161879 161880 161881

DDT
06-01-2018, 08:24 AM
That's the advantage of the RS. It has a nice smooth, curved seat that lets you move around a lot in the corners. That was the main issue I had when I took an F3 out on a test ride, the shape of the seat and the feet forward position hampered my attempts to move around. It was enough of a hinderance that I ended up being significantly slower around the test circuit I was using...and why the salesman lost a sale and I've still got my original RS:-)

I have a F3S and my wife has a ST Limited. Your post just helped me figure out the difference. Foot Boards. Hers has something to push my foot against. Might be time to look at some for my F3. Thanks

ARtraveler
06-01-2018, 02:43 PM
Yes. You have figured it out. It does work. :yes::yes:

PistonBlown
06-01-2018, 09:28 PM
I have a F3S and my wife has a ST Limited. Your post just helped me figure out the difference. Foot Boards. Hers has something to push my foot against. Might be time to look at some for my F3. Thanks

So now you have an excuse why your wife is quicker than you;-)