PDA

View Full Version : Radio

psycho
05-29-2018, 10:49 AM
I have a new 2017 RT-S. The radio reception is very weak. Any solutions

Motorcycledave
05-29-2018, 11:33 AM
Need more detail, I would go to the dealer and have them check it out... it's new

Chupaca
05-29-2018, 11:44 AM
search the radio issue and you will find many have problems with the reception and band strenghts. There may be some solutions they have found as I use an mp3 player through my G9 com system having given up on it's FM capasities....:mad:

UtahPete
05-29-2018, 11:45 AM
search the radio issue and you will find many have problems with the reception and band strenghts. There may be some solutions they have found as I use an mp3 player through my G9 com system having given up on it's FM capasities....:mad:
:agree: I'd be surprised if the dealer tells you anything different.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-29-2018, 12:21 PM
Un-screw the Antennae with a 7mm deep socket holding the socket with vice-grips ...... Clean off the HUGH amount of Lok-tite on the threads and if possible get the stuff OFF the inside threads ...if you have a proper size STAR washer ( w/inside teeth ) put that on and screw it together ..... Then this is more complicated - check the ground connect on the fixture inside the speaker housing , but try the threads first .... I changed the entire antennae with a Bosch collapsible auto antennae ( only the Manual type will fit ) ..... The Bosch improved my reception in rural Vt. .....good luck ... Mike :thumbup:

psycho
05-29-2018, 01:42 PM
thank you