PDA

View Full Version : Emergency help please

wmh9680
05-26-2018, 03:49 PM
Hi, I'm stranded,in a parking lot in Bradley, Il. I put my spare key that does not start the bike, it just opens the frunk and the seat and rear trunk and I turned it to the right at he seat opened but I cannot get the key to turn back or come out and the power is on. My cell is 708 2042668. Thanks, MIKEa

UtahPete
05-26-2018, 04:00 PM
Hi, I'm stranded,in a parking lot in Bradley, Il. I put my spare key that does not start the bike, it just opens the frunk and the seat and rear trunk and I turned it to the right at he seat opened but I cannot get the key to turn back or come out and the power is on. My cell is 708 2042668. Thanks, MIKEa
You probably have a faulty ignition switch. Check out this thread about my recent experience http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?113164-Ignition-switch-jammed-key-won-t-turn

As long as the power stays on, you will be able to ride it home, but since the lights and accessories may still be powered when you stop riding you will need to get the battery onto a charger while you're messing around with trying to get the key back out.

canamjhb
05-26-2018, 04:10 PM
If power is on but the bike won't start because your back-up key is not chipped, try holding your chipped key next to the one in the ignition and see if bike will start. Also, I know that UtahPete wrapped on a stuck key and it worked for him. I would use a rubber mallet or similar and gingerly give the stuck key a few smacks straight down into the ignition. Good luck and let us know.....

Chupaca
If the key is in straight in original position move the key up and down while pulling it out. If at an angle move the key up and down at that angle and twist to center. Idea is to try and wiggle the tumbler pins to line up...:thumbup:

wmh9680
You probably have a faulty ignition switch. Check out this thread about my recent experience http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?113164-Ignition-switch-jammed-key-won-t-turn

As long as the power stays on, you will be able to ride it home, but since the lights and accessories may still be powered when you stop riding you will need to get the battery onto a charger while you're messing around with trying to get the key back out.

It won't start because it is not a chip key and it's stuck in the ignition turned to the right

wmh9680
05-26-2018, 04:21 PM
Thanks everyone, finally wiggled it out, maybe the sides need to be filed down, just my luck, holiday weekend and everyone is closed, thanks again, Mike

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-26-2018, 04:25 PM
This happens frequently on my Toyt Tacoma ..... It has to do with the Steering lock mechanism ....if you turn the handle bars slightly Rt, or Left this may release the pressure and the Key should turn ..... it can't hurt to try- even if this doesn't sound logical ....... Mike :thumbup:

wmh9680
05-26-2018, 04:48 PM
Thanks everyone, finally wiggled it out, maybe the sides need to be filed down, just my luck, holiday weekend and everyone is closed, thanks again, Mike

jaherbst
05-26-2018, 05:22 PM
Why are you using a non chipped key in the first place? Being Frugal is great but it does create problems right?

Jack

UtahPete
05-26-2018, 05:47 PM
Why are you using a non chipped key in the first place? Being Frugal is great but it does create problems right? Jack
Thanks Jack. I was wondering the same thing but didn't ask.

Jetfixer
05-26-2018, 06:34 PM
Glad you got it fixed. For future reference, don't forget the Spyder Codes app for your phone. There may have been someone close by that could have come out and assisted you.

wmh9680
05-26-2018, 07:02 PM
Glad you got it fixed. For future reference, don't forget the Spyder Codes app for your phone. There may have been someone close by that could have come out and assisted you.

I thought I had Spyder codes on my phone but I do not, what all does it do for you

wmh9680
05-26-2018, 07:05 PM
Thanks Jack. I was wondering the same thing but didn't ask.

I keep my spare chip key in the rear trunk and the non chip key gets me in there

wmh9680
05-30-2018, 10:47 AM

I installed spydercodes now. What all can/does it do for you? I didn't see how someone would see if they were close to you. Thanks, Mike

Jetfixer
05-31-2018, 10:47 AM
I installed spydercodes now. What all can/does it do for you? I didn't see how someone would see if they were close to you. Thanks, Mike
Go to the "Real Help" tab and pick the state you are in. Then pick the closest town for a helper.

Zip
05-31-2018, 12:43 PM
Here is a Facebook page I belong to, if all else fails and you are really stuck

North America Biker Rescue

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Neighbors.NABRs/