PDA

View Full Version : 3M Scotchgard Clear Bra

jbim
05-25-2018, 05:52 PM
Has anyone installed 3M Scotchgard Clear Bra on their Spyder. Maybe on the frunk or the whole front of the bike. I washed my Spyder for the first time today and the number of bugs was staggering. I wonder whether longer term cleaning those bugs off will eventually damage the paint / plastic.

Any comments?

Thanks

JG

4 MARIE
05-25-2018, 10:47 PM
I used to see that stuff for leading edge of vehicle hoods. Washing the nose of your spyder won't wear the paint off.
Putting a pressure washer on a nick in your paint WILL take paint off.
As a cleaning aid. Unsure how the film cleans up.
At no charge, I will give you a bug and debris tip, that you can take to the bank.
Prewash buggy areas with the hottest water you can put your hands in. Soap or not. It's the heat that's neat.

hypurone
05-26-2018, 08:50 AM
I use it on my cars but not the Spyder. The tight curves/radius's of nearly everything up front aside from the frunk lid make it so every installer I've talked to won't attempt anything other than the frunk.... Just use some really good cleaner like Final Detail or Lamonster's stuff and a good wax like Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax 2.0 and you will be fine... I have WrapMySpyder stripes on my frunk that are more delicate than the paint and they are holding up well against the bugs even when I let then sit for a couple days before cleaning.....