PDA

View Full Version : Wiring from Spyder to trailer

ned64
05-24-2018, 11:37 PM
I bought a new Lumina XL motorcycle trailer an a Show Cihrome hitch for my 2017 RT Ltd. Where can I buy the wire harness that plugs into the Spyder an then to the trailer plug. The trailer has a flat 4 pin connector. Would like to get the wiring so it plugs in to the Spyder an then to trailer without having to cut an splice any wires. Thank you for your help.

michrick
05-25-2018, 03:54 AM
I'm not aware you can buy a jumper/adapter harness from 4 square to 4 flat. I made my own up if that's what your looking for. Pretty easy to do.

OlJim
05-25-2018, 05:58 AM
Just do a Google search for Can Am trailer wireing harness and you will find several manufactures.

bmwlarry
05-25-2018, 07:05 AM
actually the I went to Hitchworld to have an adapter made and all you do is cut the flat four in half and fold two halves together and WaLa you have a square four that fits the spyder. I put som white paint on the top of the spyder receptacle and white paint on the top of the folded four so I knew how it went in.

Denno
05-25-2018, 11:47 AM
I bought a new Lumina XL motorcycle trailer an a Show Cihrome hitch for my 2017 RT Ltd. Where can I buy the wire harness that plugs into the Spyder an then to the trailer plug. The trailer has a flat 4 pin connector. Would like to get the wiring so it plugs in to the Spyder an then to trailer without having to cut an splice any wires. Thank you for your help.

Try checking this one out. Great service from this company and Pierre and he also has install videos.

http://www.canamspyderaccessories.com/search.php?search_query=harness

Do a search on harness and look at all the results - you will see one made for the RT.
I have both his hitch and harness for a 2016 RT and am very happy with it.

pegasus1300
05-25-2018, 06:13 PM

If you will go to Can Am Spyder Accessories.com,Pierre has a plug and play wire set for your Spyder which will give you the proper 4 flat to 4 flat. He will even show you how to plug and play it. Pierre is great to work with.

ned64
05-25-2018, 09:42 PM
Thank you Denno an pegasus1300. That is what I was looking for. I called an left a message they were probably closed. I'll call Tuesday morning an order the harness. Thank you all that replied.

grieppc
05-25-2018, 10:05 PM
Its a jumper.... purchased two pigtails for the jumper wired them together to work properly the spyder has a 4 prong square the trailer has a 6 prong rectangle its compatible with the gold wing or the spyder simply grab the jumper out of the spyder trunk plug hitch-n-go. purchased them from the supplier to auto parts store they were willing to sell retail just happened to be 20 minuetes from my house.

ned64
05-26-2018, 05:31 PM
Pierre ? Called me today and we talked an he had just what I was looking for. I ordered it, just plug it in under seat an run wire down thru an hook it to plug on trailer. Thank you for your replies