PDA

View Full Version : Why???

billybovine
05-23-2018, 06:47 PM
Getting used to the differences between my ST limited and my new 2018 F3 limited. I have a couple things I am wondering about.

On my ST I did not have to put my foot on the brake to put it in gear. But on the F3 the brake has to be depressed to go from neutral to 1st or from reverse to first. I would guess for some type of safety reason maybe. But then why can I shift from neutral to reverse without applying the brake? Why?:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

On the F3 I can turn on the key, press the mode button and then press the start. As fast as my hands will go, it will start. I do like not having wait anymore. Really do. Great improvement over my ST. But why do I still have to press the mode button at all? The whole message about the safety card, does not have a chance to display anyway. I am not going to read the safety card. Just do away with the mode button push. Why? :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Chupaca
05-23-2018, 07:06 PM
Is nice to have the quicker strarting proceedure though on the RS manual it was always quicker. Can't help on the whole brake and shifting as I don't have that little annoyance on my ryde...:roflblack::roflblack: it's a semi-automatic thing...:gaah:

SteveP
05-23-2018, 07:50 PM
Getting used to the differences between my ST limited and my new 2018 F3 limited. I have a couple things I am wondering about.

On my ST I did not have to put my foot on the brake to put it in gear. But on the F3 the brake has to be depressed to go from neutral to 1st or from reverse to first. I would guess for some type of safety reason maybe. But then why can I shift from neutral to reverse without applying the brake? Why?:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

On the F3 I can turn on the key, press the mode button and then press the start. As fast as my hands will go, it will start. I do like not having wait anymore. Really do. Great improvement over my ST. But why do I still have to press the mode button at all? The whole message about the safety card, does not have a chance to display anyway. I am not going to read the safety card. Just do away with the mode button push. Why? :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Beautiful machine , with that colour now I’m really leaning toward the F3 ... let us know as you go how it works 👍

SpyderAnn01
05-23-2018, 09:01 PM
So which is more annoying? Putting your foot on the brake, you should be used to doing this in your car, or having to wait befire you can start the Spyder? My guess is you won’t be selling the F3 and going back to the ST just so you don’t have to hit the brake to shift.

LeftCoast
05-23-2018, 11:11 PM
​I really don't know what so say about your plight. Are you trying to be funny or you're such a spoiled brat you just gotta gripe about your F3? If it's that much of an annoyance, sell it.

I was just going to say Lawyers.

Bob Denman
05-24-2018, 06:49 AM
:D They call them "Quirks": it gives all of us something to talk about. :ohyea:

billybovine
05-24-2018, 07:22 AM
Folks seem to like their drama on here. So did I overdo it? :roflblack:

billybovine
05-24-2018, 07:27 AM
So which is more annoying? Putting your foot on the brake, you should be used to doing this in your car, or having to wait befire you can start the Spyder? My guess is you won’t be selling the F3 and going back to the ST just so you don’t have to hit the brake to shift.

Not really a big deal, just not consistent. I was getting used to having my foot on the brake. Just like any other vehicle I have. Then realised I did not need to for reverse.

Bob Denman
05-24-2018, 07:48 AM

Nahhh… It was just the perfect amount! :thumbup:

Gator37
05-24-2018, 07:49 AM

LOL

AY4B
05-24-2018, 11:15 AM
I also noticed when the Spyder is in Neutral or reverse, there are 2 different/ separate indicators on the dash that come on. Why?

RinconRyder
05-24-2018, 11:57 AM

The "brake before you shift" is a valid safety feature on automatic or semi-automatic vehicles. Once you get used to it you probably think, as I do, that it is overkill but to a newbie who is just learning about the trike it can prevent an accident.

billybovine
05-24-2018, 12:43 PM
The "brake before you shift" is a valid safety feature on automatic or semi-automatic vehicles. Once you get used to it you probably think, as I do, that it is overkill but to a newbie who is just learning about the trike it can prevent an accident.

But why don't I have to press the brake to shift into reverse? Are not the safety concerns the same?

Bob Denman
05-24-2018, 02:35 PM
I'm gonna have to check on this "No brake pedal when shifting into reverse" thing...
I guess that I've been too well-trained! :D

missouriboy
05-24-2018, 03:22 PM
My recollection is that requiring the brake was to prevent transmission damage from attempting to change directions while rolling.