Bob Denman
05-19-2018, 12:58 PM
To the Duke and Duchess of Sussex!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

vided
05-19-2018, 01:00 PM

LeftCoast
05-19-2018, 01:15 PM
I haven't watched but I think this honestly just must be a miserable experience for the Duke and Duchess. I'll take my nice restaurant patio wedding with about 80 people and beautiful bride any day. Way too much pomp and circumstance for me.

cptjam
05-19-2018, 01:34 PM
Good for them! 😎

Bob Denman
05-19-2018, 01:36 PM
We watched it, and I thought that they both seemed VERY happy, and she carried herself confidently.
Princess Diana always looked like a deer in the headlights...
Meghan looked strong and happy.

ARtraveler
05-19-2018, 02:17 PM
:congrats: to the Royal Couple. :yes:

trikermutha
05-19-2018, 02:55 PM
Did they really have to broadcast it over all channels? I found it a bit to much coverage.:yikes:

Flame on :rolleyes:

Netminder
05-19-2018, 05:23 PM
They make a nice couple, Diana would be proud.:thumbup:

Bob Denman
05-19-2018, 05:28 PM
:agree: :thumbup:

Holly
05-19-2018, 06:03 PM
Hopefully Harry knows that she is a feminist from California. Her real name is, Rachel. She cheated on her first husband Trevor Engelson after he launched her career with a celebrity chef. Her former friend said she is well known for discarding people when she no longer has a use for them.

I smell a gold digger.........:coffee:

loisk
05-19-2018, 06:24 PM
Yep - they said Rachel Meghan during the service - no surprise there
Yep she's what you may label a feminist, no shame there
Yep she may be from ca - most of the world just knows she's American, and really doesn't care which state
Yep, wonder how much the former friend was paid for her comments? /allegations
If shes a gold-digger she sure chose wrongly - life as part of 'the firm' isn't a bed of roses.
Hope they have a happy life together

I was struck by the amazing dignity shown by her mother in what must have been a very new situation

UtahPete
05-19-2018, 06:36 PM
I was struck by the amazing dignity shown by her mother in what must have been a very new situation
Dignity is a trait not often on display in the 'off topic' forum nojoke

Congratulations to the young couple and best wishes for a happy marriage. I'm sure being a member of the royal family is no bed of roses.

oldguyinTX
05-19-2018, 10:03 PM
As an Episcopalian, I was very pleased with Bishop Curry's sermon, and proud of Harry and Meghan for asking him to preach. I was also proud of him for preaching of love, which this country, and the world can use more of. Although I must say that I got the feeling that the British Anglicans were less than thrilled with a person of color, and with his references to Dr. King and to the spiritual "There Is A Balm In Gilead" that was sung by slaves in this country. Nonetheless, I wish them a long and happy life together, and to the naysayers who call her a "Gold Digger"? I'm keeping my keyboard mouth shut.

loisk
05-20-2018, 12:53 AM
Thank you for explaining what the preacher meant by balm of... Firstly - an accent thing - I couldn't work it out as sounded like bom not barm. Secondly I had no idea what it referred to. I don't think it was his content, I think the manner of delivery is alien to British culture (guessing from two visits there and our Aussie society). Given that the Queens Chaplain is a woman of colour, to borrow your phrase, I doubt it was at all about that, but again just surmising. I think his worst bit was that he went over the time allocated - a big no-no for a royal event.

Bob Denman
05-20-2018, 07:43 AM
Hopefully Harry knows that she is a feminist from California. Her real name is, Rachel. She cheated on her first husband Trevor Engelson after he launched her career with a celebrity chef. Her former friend said she is well known for discarding people when she no longer has a use for them.
I smell a gold digger.........:coffee:

That's funny: I get the distinct whiff of sour grapes.
But i suppose that former friends always tell the truth: don't they? :dontknow: