UtahPete
05-17-2018, 12:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfAYyZoVy5o&app=desktop

Zip
05-17-2018, 12:39 PM
https://youtu.be/anEuw8F8cpE

ofdave
05-17-2018, 12:41 PM
a lot of wisdom in that knife attack video!

Kathy76065
05-17-2018, 12:52 PM
a lot of wisdom in that knife attack video!

ALWAYS EXIT THE DANGER ZONE FIRST WHEN POSSIBLE!!

Bob Denman
05-17-2018, 01:04 PM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack: :clap:

Pete,
When I saw the Title of the Thread: I already had figured out what your response would be! :D

But then: I'm also betting that you knew what MY response would also be!

ARtraveler
05-17-2018, 02:13 PM
As usual, cannot see anything but the blank, black, screen. And--I do pay my internet bills. :roflblack::roflblack:

Since I can't see them, I will just have to reply by saying avoid Midtown, Mountain View and the Spenard neighborhoods in Anchorage. :yes:

UtahPete
05-17-2018, 02:14 PM
As usual, cannot see anything but the blank, black, screen. And--I do pay my internet bills. :roflblack::roflblack:

Since I can't see them, I will just have to reply by saying avoid Midtown, Mountain View and the Spenard neighborhoods in Anchorage. :yes:

What happens if you click on the link? It should open up a new window in YouTube.

ARtraveler
05-17-2018, 02:17 PM
What happens if you click on the link? It should open up a new window in YouTube.

No link to click on...:dontknow:

Bob Denman
05-17-2018, 02:38 PM
Which borwser are you using?
You might ttry right-clicking on the blank box, and see if it gives you any further options... :dontknow:

ARtraveler
05-17-2018, 02:44 PM
Which borwser are you using?
You might ttry right-clicking on the blank box, and see if it gives you any further options... :dontknow:

Internet Explorer/Yahoo Tried setting up with Google--but same results. :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

UtahPete
05-17-2018, 02:48 PM
No link to click on...:dontknow:
How about if you click on the black box (which is where the link is)?

Mad Mac
05-17-2018, 02:50 PM
AND wouldn't it be nice, if all of us old dudes could run that FAST!! Macnojoke

Bob Denman
05-17-2018, 02:52 PM
:shocked: Impossible! nojoke
That's why us old Dudes would just stand there and fight! :thumbup:

Saluda
05-17-2018, 02:55 PM
Played fine for me.
You know what I would suggest having.

ARtraveler
05-17-2018, 03:04 PM
How about if you click on the black box (which is where the link is)?

Tried that too. Zilch! :thumbup:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
05-17-2018, 03:10 PM
what if the guy with the knife runs faster? :yikes:

Grandpot
05-17-2018, 03:16 PM
I literally can't run to save my life. I'll just tell the bad guy that he shouldn't have brought a knife to a gunfight. :yikes:

Chupaca
05-17-2018, 03:55 PM
Didn't see that one coming but plan A for sure...:thumbup:

johnsimion
05-17-2018, 03:55 PM
The problem with concealed carry is that it would work great if you could **identify** the bad guy before he gets close enough to attack. However, that's not how robberies occur. Bad guys don't wear signs to identify themselves and they aren't stupid enough to draw their knife or gun 20' away and stand there and wait while you pull out your own gun. No, they will pretend to be innocent and approach close to you and then suddenly they'll pull their own knife or gun, usually behind you if they can, when it's too late for you to do anything about it. There were COPS killed in their patrol car here in Las Vegas and it went down exactly like that. They never saw it coming. There were a number of armed individuals present when Gabrielle Giffords was shot, and what good did it do them? None whatsoever. Not one of them drew a gun. There simply isn't time to react. And if you start pulling your gun on everybody you think might possibly be trying to rob you, pretty soon you're going to shoot some innocent person.

So, if you don't have time to react, what benefit did you get from carrying? If you're carrying, they may shoot you first lest you use your gun on them. At best, you could be robbed not only of your money but of your gun as well. Unless you're going to walk around with your gun in your hand, loaded, cocked and ready, there's not a darned thing you can do about the situation. The best defense is to avoid getting into this situation in the first place. This is why I don't carry a gun on my person or in my car. Please note, I'm not "anti-gun," I am just "pro" common sense. I do keep one under my bed because if anyone enters my house, my alarm and locked bedroom door will give me the time I need to respond and actually use it. But concealed carry in public? That's illogical paranoia. No thanks.

Mad Mac
05-17-2018, 04:09 PM
BANG!! YOUR IT! Macnojoke

UtahPete
05-17-2018, 04:15 PM
Warning; results may vary...!

UtahPete
05-17-2018, 04:16 PM
AND wouldn't it be nice, if all of us old dudes could run that FAST!! Macnojoke
Yeah, he was pretty quick!

Mad Mac
05-17-2018, 04:25 PM
Yeah, he was pretty quick!
When I played football in the A.F. in the 80's, I could do the 40 in just under 3.5 seconds. I think he did the 100 in LESS than that!!
Macnojoke

vided
05-17-2018, 04:35 PM
Post #19, right you are :yikes:

Grandpot
05-17-2018, 04:51 PM
The problem with concealed carry is that it would work great if you could **identify** the bad guy before he gets close enough to attack. However, that's not how robberies occur. Bad guys don't wear signs to identify themselves and they aren't stupid enough to draw their knife or gun 20' away and stand there and wait while you pull out your own gun. No, they will pretend to be innocent and approach close to you and then suddenly they'll pull their own knife or gun, usually behind you if they can, when it's too late for you to do anything about it. There were COPS killed in their patrol car here in Las Vegas and it went down exactly like that. They never saw it coming. There were a number of armed individuals present when Gabrielle Giffords was shot, and what good did it do them? None whatsoever. Not one of them drew a gun. There simply isn't time to react. And if you start pulling your gun on everybody you think might possibly be trying to rob you, pretty soon you're going to shoot some innocent person.

So, if you don't have time to react, what benefit did you get from carrying? If you're carrying, they may shoot you first lest you use your gun on them. At best, you could be robbed not only of your money but of your gun as well. Unless you're going to walk around with your gun in your hand, loaded, cocked and ready, there's not a darned thing you can do about the situation. The best defense is to avoid getting into this situation in the first place. This is why I don't carry a gun on my person or in my car. Please note, I'm not "anti-gun," I am just "pro" common sense. I do keep one under my bed because if anyone enters my house, my alarm and locked bedroom door will give me the time I need to respond and actually use it. But concealed carry in public? That's illogical paranoia. No thanks.

You are correct about an absolute ambush. There isn't much you can do about it. However, a face to face confrontation is different. I am willing to take a few cuts to get off a shot, rather than to die doing nothing except being a victim. With the proper training and practice you will be surprised how you can turn the tables on an assailant.

UtahPete
05-17-2018, 05:29 PM
You are correct about an absolute ambush. There isn't much you can do about it. However, a face to face confrontation is different. I am willing to take a few cuts to get off a shot, rather than to die doing nothing except being a victim. With the proper training and practice you will be surprised how you can turn the tables on an assailant.
I honestly never intended this to be a 'gun' thread...oh well...

Bob Denman
05-17-2018, 05:49 PM
BANG!! YOUR IT! Macnojoke

:D that would be my plan as well... :2thumbs:
As far as not being able to identify the "bad guys": that's what Situational Awareness is all about! nojoke

It even works if you're only armed with an evolved sense of fear, and some really good sneakers! :roflblack:

Grandpot
05-17-2018, 06:00 PM
I honestly never intended this to be a 'gun' thread...oh well...

Pete, your threads tend to take on a life of their own.:)

Mad Mac
05-17-2018, 06:10 PM

What HE said!! Mac:doorag:

Mad Mac
05-17-2018, 06:21 PM
Johnsimion:
I do keep one under my bed because if anyone enters my house, my alarm and locked bedroom door will give me the time I need to respond and actually use it. But concealed carry in public? That's illogical paranoia. No thanks.[/QUOTE]

Man, I was hoping to move to L.V. when my house sold. If you have to keep your "bedroom" door locked, I'd better re-think my decision. I knew that L.V. crime rates were higher than where I live (and I'm a native Californian, so I'm used to crime), I just didn't think I would have to go to those extremes! Mac:doorag:

UtahPete
05-17-2018, 06:48 PM
Johnsimion: I do keep one under my bed because if anyone enters my house, my alarm and locked bedroom door will give me the time I need to respond and actually use it. But concealed carry in public? That's illogical paranoia. No thanks.

Man, I was hoping to move to L.V. when my house sold. If you have to keep your "bedroom" door locked, I'd better re-think my decision. I knew that L.V. crime rates were higher than where I live (and I'm a native Californian, so I'm used to crime), I just didn't think I would have to go to those extremes! Mac:doorag:[/QUOTE]

No, that's not why he keeps his bedroom door locked....:joke:

Mad Mac
05-17-2018, 06:52 PM
Man, I was hoping to move to L.V. when my house sold. If you have to keep your "bedroom" door locked, I'd better re-think my decision. I knew that L.V. crime rates were higher than where I live (and I'm a native Californian, so I'm used to crime), I just didn't think I would have to go to those extremes! Mac:doorag:

No, that's not why he keeps his bedroom door locked....:joke:[/QUOTE

NOW I GET IT, or maybe I should have worded it differently. Darn!! Mac:joke:

johnsimion
05-17-2018, 08:09 PM
No, that's not why he keeps his bedroom door locked....:joke:[/QUOTE

NOW I GET IT, or maybe I should have worded it differently. Darn!! Mac:joke:

At the moment I have my grown son and my brother-in-law and his wife all under my roof, so that's part of it.
However, the point about the crime rate is, regrettably, somewhat true. The neighbor who lives directly behind me had a guy try to break in right in the middle of the day -- unsuccessful, he couldn't break through the door but he did make a nice video on the Ring doorbell and is now serving time for his crime. We've also had people smashing vehicle windows to steal stuff. And this is a well-off gated community far away from the "bad" areas. However, I came here from Lee's Summit, Missouri and my next-door neighbor there had both his boat AND an ATV stolen from in front of his house. All these have been either "easy" crimes (or they thought they'd be easy). I don't know anyone in either place who's had a serious break-in where there was a security door or even anyone whose house was entered through a window. They exist but they're not really common. I suspect there is no place in America that is really that much worse than another.

Holly
05-17-2018, 08:31 PM
When I played football in the A.F. in the 80's, I could do the 40 in just under 3.5 seconds. I think he did the 100 in LESS than that!!
Macnojoke

The world record in the 40 yard dash is over 4 seconds ............. No way in hell you ran it in under 3.5.............. :shocked:

Don't worry, I hear stuff like this daily on a few of these posters favorite channel...............CNN. :roflblack:

Mad Mac
05-17-2018, 08:37 PM
At the moment I have my grown son and my brother-in-law and his wife all under my roof, so that's part of it.
However, the point about the crime rate is, regrettably, somewhat true. The neighbor who lives directly behind me had a guy try to break in right in the middle of the day -- unsuccessful, he couldn't break through the door but he did make a nice video on the Ring doorbell and is now serving time for his crime. We've also had people smashing vehicle windows to steal stuff. And this is a well-off gated community far away from the "bad" areas. However, I came here from Lee's Summit, Missouri and my next-door neighbor there had both his boat AND an ATV stolen from in front of his house. All these have been either "easy" crimes (or they thought they'd be easy). I don't know anyone in either place who's had a serious break-in where there was a security door or even anyone whose house was entered through a window. They exist but they're not really common. I suspect there is no place in America that is really that much worse than another.

When I lived in CA(Riverside). I had a garage full of m/c's(race bike(s) & street bike), boat, sand-rail and plenty of tools. I had every thing chained down, including the roll-a-way(s), and all the tools that could have been used to "compromise" the chain and/or the locks, were hidden.
The morning we we're to hit the road for Wisc., our neighbor got hit and a TV and stereo got lifted. We want to move to L.V. to be closer to the kids/grandkids and are looking for a gated/senior complex somewhere SW of the center of the city. We need to get out of the "snow belt" and someplace with more going on and things to do in our Golden Years since we are both retired. Plan on checking on some areas this summer. Mac:yikes:

UtahPete
05-17-2018, 08:41 PM
When I lived in CA(Riverside). I had a garage full of m/c's(race bike(s) & street bike), boat, sand-rail and plenty of tools. I had every thing chained down, including the roll-a-way(s), and all the tools that could have been used to "compromise" the chain and/or the locks, were hidden.
The morning we we're to hit the road for Wisc., our neighbor got hit and a TV and stereo got lifted. We want to move to L.V. to be closer to the kids/grandkids and are looking for a gated/senior complex somewhere SW of the center of the city. We need to get out of the "snow belt" and someplace with more going on and things to do in our Golden Years since we are both retired. Plan on checking on some areas this summer. Mac:yikes:
Try St. GEORGE, Utah nojoke

Mad Mac
05-17-2018, 08:44 PM
The world record in the 40 yard dash is over 4 seconds ............. No way in hell you ran it in under 3.5.............. :shocked:

Don't worry, I hear stuff like this daily on a few of these posters favorite channel...............CNN. :roflblack:

OK, OK, I might have fudged a little. Sounded good in theory! Maybe it was 10 seconds!!!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:Mac:duh :
P.S. I don't watch CNN at all!!

Mad Mac
05-17-2018, 08:51 PM
Try St. GEORGE, Utah nojoke
Been thru there a couple of times on a GW and :spyder2:. Beautiful and very scenic. Even ridden thru Bryce & Zion Natl. Parks on both. Mac :2thumbs:

Chasinsparks
05-17-2018, 09:10 PM
Could be you have an ad blocker. here is a list of things you could try hopefully it helps

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-fix-youtube-videos-black-screen-easily/

Blue Star
05-17-2018, 09:20 PM

When I was in high school I was able to run the 40 yards in 3 ................ oh wait, you meant seconds, not minutes :roflblack:

Bob Denman
05-18-2018, 06:43 AM
Running? Isn't that what people who don't own Spyders have to do? :dontknow:

BigGuy66
05-18-2018, 10:08 AM
...a knife attack MADE ME LAUGH! :roflblack: But I think I would bring a gun to a knife fight...unless you're Gibbs...

Bob Denman
05-18-2018, 10:57 AM
Rule 9... :thumbup:

vided
05-18-2018, 11:14 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AU-paVv6zTk

UtahPete
05-18-2018, 11:15 AM
Pete, your threads tend to take on a life of their own.:)
It's true!

Saluda
05-18-2018, 01:54 PM
Either you know how to plant seeds or fertilize ? ;)