PDA

View Full Version : RTL Front Wheels

machead
05-15-2018, 04:23 PM
Wife said I should get new rims for my 2014 RTL. I'm looking for black in a matte finish.

I see there is one sponsor here that sells wheels but they are glossy black.

Anyone know of where I can get what I'm looking for?

nhoj
05-15-2018, 04:28 PM
I think you are talking about PPA Wheels. They are very nice, you wouldn't regret putting them on.

At Spyderfest they showed their new 16" wheels. If you got them you would need different tires too and you could start a whole new tire thread :)

machead
05-15-2018, 04:30 PM
I think you are talking about PPA Wheels. They are very nice, you wouldn't regret putting them on.

At Spyderfest they showed their new 16" wheels. If you got them you would need different tires too and you could start a whole new tire thread :)

Yes I looked at PPA but like I said, I don't want a glossy finish.

blacklightning
05-15-2018, 05:47 PM
Wife said I should get new rims for my 2014 RTL. I'm looking for black in a matte finish.

Are you looking for a different style, or just some matte finish black rims? If you are just looking for matte finish black rims, you can post up a want to trade add. You should be able to find someone with a 14-17 RTS that might trade with you.

oldguyinTX
05-15-2018, 05:48 PM
I was told by another forum member that the PPA wheel specs are different from OEM, and as a result cannot be laser aligned. Why not go for the BRP wheels? Not cheap, but you'll get what you want.

cptjam
05-16-2018, 02:26 AM
Why not powdercoat your wheels flat black? or buy a set of stock wheels, and powdercoat them? Looks great!
PPA wheels have a smaller hubcap and the standard ROLO lasers will not fit. SEAN is working on that. Our work around is to mount stock wheels on, align, and reinstall your PPA wheels. Works great. Handy to have a spare set of wheels! And saddles, hardware, mufflers, headlights, and on and on! But, not a showstopper for us! Joe

Raprider
05-16-2018, 05:58 AM
Local dealer has these...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Can-Am-Spyder-15-RT-S-Black-Front-Wheels-Fits-all-Models-/282683941878

irvin48
05-16-2018, 07:16 AM
i have a set of 15 rts wheels and tires that i took off and put the chrome
5 spoke accessory wheels on . would make you a good price. shipping is
the kicker though.--irv toms --they have about 400 miles on them.

blacklightning
05-16-2018, 07:58 AM
i have a set of 15 rts wheels and tires that i took off and put the chrome
5 spoke accessory wheels on . would make you a good price. shipping is
the kicker though.--irv toms they have about 400 miles on them.
:thumbup: This is what I was talking about. There are plenty of members that have upgraded their stock wheels, so it should be pretty easy to find some for sale (as posted here) or trade. I know if I had a RTS, I would be all over a swap deal in order to get some chrome ones. Good luck

Bob Denman
05-16-2018, 08:05 AM
The 2018 RT-L Dark: might have the wheels that you're looking for.

Highwayman2013
05-16-2018, 08:43 AM

https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/a/cam/57d2c01587a8660e6845ba4b/drive-system-front-all-models