PDA

View Full Version : Just so you know

Lamonster
05-14-2018, 12:52 PM
If you can't show respect for each other and respect for the rules we have in place here your membership will be delete. I don't have time to babysit grown men. nojoke

Bob Denman
05-14-2018, 01:07 PM
Even though I'm probably a pretty flagrant violator as well :opps:: thanks for the reminder!

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
05-14-2018, 01:14 PM
UNDERSTOOD
i think we all need a smack in the face now & then from 'dad'

Bob Denman
05-14-2018, 02:24 PM
Bump...

Chupaca
05-14-2018, 07:16 PM
:bowdown:'s for the reminder.

oldguyinTX
05-14-2018, 08:54 PM
Yeah there are some folks here who sometimes need to be "reigned in", and I include myself. I try to restrain myself and don't post a lot, don't want my big keyboard mouth getting me in trouble. At least my Avatars seem to be OK, although I do have some I don't DARE use.

IdahoMtnSpyder
05-15-2018, 12:03 AM
Yeah, my thread about Harley and Thailand was going pretty good with some worthwhile discussion, I thought, until presumably the personal sniping got it yanked. I'm ticked cause I didn't kill it and nobody got to see my last comments, all positive, about quality at Harley and Honda.

Lew L
05-15-2018, 09:58 AM
I use the "ignore" function for posters ( yes, there is more than one) who "rock the boat too much" BUT---- sometimes " I just gotts to know" ( Dirty Harry reference ). I NEVER respond if I've peeked at those I've chosen to " Ignore".

OK, I'll stop peeking.

Lew L

vided
05-15-2018, 10:07 AM
I use the "ignore" function for posters ( yes, there is more than one) who "rock the boat too much" BUT---- sometimes " I just gotts to know" ( Dirty Harry reference ). I NEVER respond if I've peeked at those I've chosen to " Ignore".

OK, I'll stop peeking.

Lew L

:agree: I've peeked and then realize why they are on "the pay no mind" button :roflblack:

Pirate looks at --
05-15-2018, 10:14 AM
It seems when the topic is spyders, we stay pretty much civilized! Maybe we should consider leaving politics to the politicians? I find myself not wanting to spend much time here anymore as some people are just not very nice! so with the exception of the joke thread, maybe we just need to stick with one passion, Spyders!:clap:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
05-15-2018, 11:26 AM
It seems when the topic is spyders, we stay pretty much civilized! Maybe we should consider leaving politics to the politicians? I find myself not wanting to spend much time here anymore as some people are just not very nice! so with the exception of the joke thread, maybe we just need to stick with one passion, Spyders!:clap:

Leaving politics to the politicians is like leaving the hens to the fox

cptjam
05-16-2018, 02:57 AM
We love to ride. I hope that is pretty clear - Spyderann is the highest mileage female Spyder rider in the world. I trail her 2 seconds back, but had a 30 year headstart. I might have a couple of miles on her, but, not on a Spyder. That said, we hope our proven experiences don't create any animosity to anyone. We know what works, lasts, and is good. Not an opinion, just an observation - we ride. If a part or product fails, we point that out. If a part works, lasts, and is quality, we point that out. We vote with our wallets. We also want our friends and other folks to have a great experience, and get value for money. We love this community; it is our tribe. We have friends around the world from Spyders and Spyderlovers, and honestly value the work Lamont does to create a community of people who love Spyders - SPYDERLOVERS! It is never my intent to disrespect or somehow belittle someone. If that is how someone has seen it, I apologize. I won't apologize about safety - I am a licensed MSF Instructor, and teach motorcycle safety at a local college. If something strikes me as unsafe, I will chime in. I feel like I would be remiss if I let a friend hurt himself. If that makes someone angry, I can live with it. I kinda do this for a living, and we hope we set an example. JMHO, Joe

Navvet
05-16-2018, 10:00 AM
Even though I'm probably a pretty flagrant violator as well :opps:: thanks for the reminder!

:yikes::yikes: Noooo, say it isn't so ..... :yikes: :p

Rogue Hawk
05-16-2018, 03:11 PM
I don't have time to babysit grown men. nojoke

I don't see any grown men:joke:

Peteoz
05-16-2018, 03:44 PM
UNDERSTOOD
i think we all need a smack in the face now & then from 'dad'

Lamont’s your dad? Does Joan know? ;):D

Pete

ataDude
05-16-2018, 04:08 PM
I love those threads. They provide lots of opportunities to add to my "Ignore List". :ohyea: