PDA

View Full Version : "Pearl" is now in our garage!

BoxyLady
05-09-2018, 05:19 PM
Hi folks,

after a more thorough test ride this afternoon, I pulled the trigger. We thought the pearl white unit the dealer had was a 2017 F3-T. Actually, it's a 2016 F3 Limited. We were thinking they had put chrome wheels and footboards on an F3-T as accessories (!)..had 3 miles on it before we started test riding. Been at that dealer a LONG time, and we worked them over pretty good on pricing. Most forums don't allow price talk so let's just say we were very pleased with the final number and the $3k factory rebate as well.

I decided that I really like the Spyder in white and decided to forego getting my go-to color of red. And the color definitely stands out in traffic which is another plus. It's got a nice metallic content to the paint that looks really great.

It is a serious squeeze to get the Spyder and a Mini Cooper in the same garage....we staggered them and there is JUST enough space between them to squeeze through. The car will have to be pulled out anytime the Spyder goes out for a ride, but we are continuing to work on solving this geometry problem another way perhaps...

Thanks again everyone for your help before our purchase, and now we look forward to being productive, active members of the forum!

Carolyn

UtahPete
05-09-2018, 05:23 PM
Hi folks, after a more thorough test ride this afternoon, I pulled the trigger. I decided that I really like the Spyder in white and decided to forego getting my go-to color of red. And the color definitely stands out in traffic which is another plus. It's got a nice metallic content to the paint that looks really great.

Thanks again everyone for your help before our purchase, and now we look forward to being productive, active members of the forum! Carolyn
Congratulations and welcome to the community. Hope to see you on the road.

BoxyLady
05-09-2018, 05:30 PM
Congratulations and welcome to the community. Hope to see you on the road.

Thanks Pete...you might see us on the road. We have been coming out to southern Utah for several years. You folks have all the good stuff (5 national parks for gosh sakes !) not to mention Escalante Staircase...we're trying to get in shape to do the Angel's Landing hike at Zion again. Did it about 10 years ago....

We may be coming out this September, trailering the new Spyder and a two-wheeler..........once we get a LONGER trailer :-)

Mikey
05-09-2018, 05:34 PM
:congrats:You will love the color and the bike:yes:!! Good luck, have fun with your new ride:thumbup:

slick999
05-09-2018, 05:55 PM
Congrats and many miles of smiles,you got the right color.

Beaudog
05-09-2018, 06:47 PM
Waite a minute! Not so fast. Pearl is already in my garage!

SpyderAnn01
05-09-2018, 06:51 PM
Congratulations!

vtown biker
05-09-2018, 06:55 PM
Congrats- I picked mine up Saturday (RT Limited)

Have lots of fun and stay safe.

Bob

Hi folks,

after a more thorough test ride this afternoon, I pulled the trigger. We thought the pearl white unit the dealer had was a 2017 F3-T. Actually, it's a 2016 F3 Limited. We were thinking they had put chrome wheels and footboards on an F3-T as accessories (!)..had 3 miles on it before we started test riding. Been at that dealer a LONG time, and we worked them over pretty good on pricing. Most forums don't allow price talk so let's just say we were very pleased with the final number and the $3k factory rebate as well.

I decided that I really like the Spyder in white and decided to forego getting my go-to color of red. And the color definitely stands out in traffic which is another plus. It's got a nice metallic content to the paint that looks really great.

It is a serious squeeze to get the Spyder and a Mini Cooper in the same garage....we staggered them and there is JUST enough space between them to squeeze through. The car will have to be pulled out anytime the Spyder goes out for a ride, but we are continuing to work on solving this geometry problem another way perhaps...

Thanks again everyone for your help before our purchase, and now we look forward to being productive, active members of the forum!

Carolyn

bushrat
05-09-2018, 07:06 PM
Congratulations and Welcome.
You're going to love that 2017 F3 Limited, whatever the color.
However, if you ever want to see what you missed, I do have it in red, with metallic black top side (lol).
You bought yourself a really fun ryde.
Enjoy and be safe!!!

BoxyLady
05-09-2018, 07:19 PM

Excellent!

Roadster Renovations
05-09-2018, 08:02 PM
:welcome::congrats::clap::clap::clap:1330club!! You are going to love it!!

Chupaca
05-09-2018, 08:16 PM
Welcome to the spyder world and this awesome site :clap:great choice of rydes :2thumbs: your gonna have a blast and it gets better with every outting...:thumbup:

Saluda
05-09-2018, 08:19 PM
enjoy ! :clap:

ARtraveler
05-09-2018, 08:30 PM
:congrats: on your purchase of the "classy" color. Another advantage, white does not show the dirt as much as darker colors. :yes:

3 Wheel Rider
05-09-2018, 09:11 PM
:congrats: on your new:f_spider:. I'm all to familiar with having to play Tetris with my truck and toys so they'll all fit in the garage!!! My garage is only 1 3/4 bays, sure wish I had a full 2 car garage... or 2+.:gaah:

mark4Jesus
05-10-2018, 04:36 AM
Congratulations! White goes faster by the way! ;)

Buckeye Bleau
05-10-2018, 05:17 AM

The funny thing is about 30% of the people that name their white Spyder name it pearl. It is a nice color but you folks are going to take each other's Byke home by mistake, they all answer to the same name.

Joe

BoxyLady
05-10-2018, 07:43 AM
wow, this thing is gynormous.

I am wondering if most people are able to keep their Spyders in their garage or do they have to make some type of outdoor arrangements. We did all the measurements, so we knew what to expect, but boy when you pull it into the garage it seems to expand....I think it's actually bigger than one of those SMART cars.......length-wise for sure !

PrairieSpyder
05-10-2018, 08:43 AM
Hi folks,

Carolyn

I am wondering if most people are able to keep their Spyders in their garage or do they have to make some type of outdoor arrangements. We did all the measurements, so we knew what to expect, but boy when you pull it into the garage it seems to expand....I think it's actually bigger than one of those SMART cars.......length-wise for sure !

:congrats: Mine is red (also my go-to color) but the white would have been my next choice. I keep mine in the carport and my poor truck only gets in half way.

:nopic:

PrairieSpyder
05-10-2018, 08:47 AM
Congrats- I picked mine up Saturday (RT Limited)

Have lots of fun and stay safe.

Bob

:congrats:

Arion
05-10-2018, 09:32 AM

We manage to squeeze two Spyder RTs and either our Fiat Abarth or VW Jetta wagon in our garage. Plenty of room with the Abarth but not so much extra space with the Jetta although there is still walk-around room. The Spyders take pride of place regardless.

Beaudog
05-10-2018, 11:29 AM
The funny thing is about 30% of the people that name their white Spyder name it pearl. It is a nice color but you folks are going to take each other's Byke home by mistake, they all answer to the same name.

Joe

Naaa It is my wifes machine and she is from New Jersey. No one else says Pearl like she does.

ARtraveler
05-10-2018, 01:29 PM

It is bigger than a Smart car.

I have a two car attached garage. I store my two :ani29:'s, my Vulcan 900, a large snowblower, a riding lawnmower--AND--my Subaru Outback wagon. Very cozy, but it works. I can get at both :spyder2:'s and the car without any jockeying around. Going into summer mode shortly. Car outside and three motorcycles and the rider lawnmower at the ready. :yes:

d.o.spyder-rts
05-10-2018, 02:16 PM
:congrats:on your spyder purchase and :welcome:to the spyder web. Dale

BoxyLady
05-10-2018, 03:05 PM
We manage to squeeze two Spyder RTs and either our Fiat Abarth or VW Jetta wagon in our garage. Plenty of room with the Abarth but not so much extra space with the Jetta although there is still walk-around room. The Spyders take pride of place regardless.

Ah, Arion, your avatar of the triskelion from the Isle of Man. We are F1 and MotoGP fanatics, but the IOM TT is our favorite event of the year. Jeff has two of the Arai IOM helmets (2013 and 2017) and wears them interchangeably. i think he's starting a collection. This year is going to be very interesting with John McGuiness on a bike built by Michael Dunlop in the 600 class...

Seeing that event live is definitely on our bucket list.

do you know if Velocity TV will have nightly 1 hour updates like they did last year?