PDA

View Full Version : What might this be?

minirss
05-08-2018, 01:30 AM
This afternoon I had some free time and decided to get to know my rss a little better. I'm still fairly new to the spyder world. I decided to take the plastic covers off to look around the inside workings of it. I removed the cover on the top of the frunk and noticed what looks like a aftermarket add on? It's a black box with a cable coming out of it that is ziptied to a support bracket. I googled the numbers on the back of it and looks like it might be a GPS part, but I'm not sure. Has anyone seen anything like this before on their spyder?

youngers
05-08-2018, 03:26 AM
i like the way you tracked the i.d. number , I think you are right on the " what is it item "

trikermutha
05-08-2018, 03:28 AM
Do you have Satellite Radio on the bike? Could be the antenna for it.

Peter Aawen
05-08-2018, 03:38 AM
It looks very much like the remote antenna for the GPS Tracker mounted on one of my vehicles.... I can't quite see the number details clearly, but they are certainly in the same place & about the same length as those on my antenna?!? There again, many devices that need to receive satelite signals use similar antennae, & then there's remote sensors for toll readers etc.... ;)

I take it you bought the RSS second hand? Can you ask the previous owner! :dontknow:

Joel The Biker
05-08-2018, 04:09 AM
I agree. Looks to be a gps locating device, like Lojack. Follow the cable to see where it goes. If it just goes to power and ground, then it is most likely a gps locator. Maybe someone is looking for their spyder! :joke:

MR. H1956
05-08-2018, 08:50 AM
I agree. Looks to be a gps locating device, like Lojack. Follow the cable to see where it goes. If it just goes to power and ground, then it is most likely a gps locator. Maybe someone is looking for their spyder! :joke:
Its the goverment watching you. They want to know if your out having fun or not. Just kidding it's probably a GPS tracker. Happy Trails.

vtown biker
05-08-2018, 08:53 AM
I wonder if it's a GPS tracker? :D;)

MR. H1956
05-08-2018, 09:01 AM
I wonder if it's a GPS tracker? :D;)
Or it could be for a X M radio.