PDA

View Full Version : The Blacklist: "Family Business"

Joe T.
05-07-2018, 03:31 PM
My wife and I are fans of 'The Blacklist.' We record it regularly and when we get a chance, we play some episodes. We just played an episode from 2017 where Tom Keene (Ryan Eggold) dies trying to save his wife.

During this scene Disturbed's David Draiman presents another version of his now famous rendition of 'Sound Of Silence.' This version has been very professionally engineered and the lyrics are very clear, crisp, and moving. The crescendo that starts about half way through just makes it better.

I think this is the best 'Sound Of silence' Draiman has done so far. This guy has a lot of talent and it will be interesting to watch his career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujZnoipEiLU

I hope y'all enjoy this as much as we have.

Regards,
Joe T.

bmccaffrey
05-07-2018, 07:09 PM
Love that version!!

oldguyinTX
05-07-2018, 08:12 PM
Really good. Thanks!

RinconRyder
05-07-2018, 08:58 PM
Very rarely does a cover exceed the quality of the original and this is a perfect example. In the original, by Simon and Garfunkel, their vocals were not overshadowed by the instrumental backing as in this version. If this version was intended to be a power ballad it also misses the mark as the performer's voice is not powerful enough to carry it. A better singer would have been Journey's Steve Perry or Jay and the Americans' John Traynor.

I realize this version is not intended to tell a story like the original (which is almost a folk song) but I tend to have much less respect for performers who cover other's songs even if they change the genre.

I think the original will be played far longer than this version.

Chupaca
05-07-2018, 09:11 PM
Love the musical interludes :bowdown: it is a nice rendition :clap:like beauty...this is in the ear of the listener...

Bensonoid
05-08-2018, 04:46 AM
A couple episodes ago Sawyer Fredericks did a cover of House of the rising sun that was awesome.

tibadoe
05-08-2018, 05:29 AM
Excellent version. He also did great performing live on Conan:

http://youtu.be/Bk7RVw3I8eg