PDA

View Full Version : ISCI called me today!

Firefly
05-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Well, since I had sent them an email some weeks ago - I must have been put on their call list. Julie is who I spoke to - very nice people. I had inquired about the floorboards without the 'spider' on them.

I've enclosed a photo of the kit. This is the kit for the SE5. They are still working on the final details of the SM5 due to the shifter.

The kit also has the bracket parts for highway pegs if I understood what she was telling me.

And now for the info on pricing......

SE5 floorboard kit $ 980.00. This number I know for sure.

SM5 floorboard kit was either $1,040.00 or $ 1,140.00. I wrote it down at work - but I'm not there right now.

They will also do custom floorboards with your own design on them in the future for like an extra $50 or so.

They will have the SE5 kits available in about a week (I know, I know).

These are pretty sharp looking and well made.

Here is their info, give them a call or email if you have questions:

Industrial Specialty Company, Inc.
50 Forest Hills Drive
Montgomery, Alabama 36109
334-277-2224
www.industrialspecialty.com (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/www.industrialspecialty.com)

Firefly
05-29-2009, 07:57 AM
Just checked my notes--- the floorboards for the SM5 are $1,120.00

fastfraser
05-29-2009, 08:16 AM
:yikes: Way to rich for my blood ! They do look great, but pay 1/15 th the cost of my :spyder2: for floor boards no way ! I'm sure others will buy as i do agree they look great! Guess i will have to look at something else.

ptoemmes
05-29-2009, 08:25 AM
Let's speculate on the parts shown. Maybe venom21 will chime in.

Floorboards - check.
Mounting brackets to replace stock driver foot pegs - check.
Bag of nuts and bolts - check.
Big black brackets - check (more below)
Long mounting bolts for big black brackets - check?
Extended pedal (brake pedal) - check???
Silver colored "arm" in the middle. I am guesing somethgin to do with the brake???

I wonder if the highway peg mounts that is part of the big black bracklets. I also wonder if they will bolt to the motor mount bils like KMs do?!

Missing is the original big brake pedal from the original pics. So how does the brake pedal work now?

Is the stock brake lever-arm (easily) replaceable?

venom21 - how about some installed pics!

Questions
05-29-2009, 09:00 AM
looks good, seems high quality.... lets get 'em on a bike now!

Firefly
05-29-2009, 09:16 AM
:yikes: Way to rich for my blood ! They do look great, but pay 1/15 th the cost of my :spyder2: for floor boards no way ! I'm sure others will buy as i do agree they look great! Guess i will have to look at something else.

As with anything in life - you get what you pay for. I don't take the approach of comparing add-ons to the original price of the Spyder.

Look at it this way - if the Spyder was made by HD you would have paid $30,000 for it - and maybe it would have floorboards already.

I've easily spent $5,000 in add-ons and most have been worth every dime.

There are some pics out here somewhere that show how these mount - the brake becomes more of an actual forward-mounting pedal - and yes the black brackets incorporate the mounting of highway pegs.

ptoemmes
05-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Here's venom21's original post: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=84284&postcount=1

And here's a pic mounted - prototype I guess. The larger metal brake pedal seems to be MIA and notice how the brake pedal is mounted.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=89472&postcount=1

Venom21
05-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Let's speculate on the parts shown. Maybe venom21 will chime in.

Floorboards - check.
Mounting brackets to replace stock driver foot pegs - check.
Bag of nuts and bolts - check.
Big black brackets - check (more below)
Long mounting bolts for big black brackets - check?
Extended pedal (brake pedal) - check???
Silver colored "arm" in the middle. I am guesing somethgin to do with the brake???

I wonder if the highway peg mounts that is part of the big black bracklets. YES I also wonder if they will bolt to the motor mount bils like KMs do?! YES

Missing is the original big brake pedal from the original pics. So how does the brake pedal work now? The smaller brake pedal took the place of it.

Is the stock brake lever-arm (easily) replaceable? YES

venom21 - how about some installed pics! Coming in next post!