PDA

View Full Version : Altimax

RykerUSA
05-06-2018, 02:58 PM
Just finished installing new Altimax tire on my 2015 St Limited. This was my first attempt to install a rear tire myself. Watch the RT video on YouTube and the installation was absolutely painless. Probably saved $175 / vs going to the Stealer. Life is good.

UtahPete
05-06-2018, 03:10 PM
Just finished installing new Altimax tire on my 2015 St Limited. This was my first attempt to install a rear tire myself. Watch the RT video on YouTube and the installation was absolutely painless. Probably saved $175 / vs going to the Stealer. Life is good.
Congratulations. Did you also mount the tire on the wheel, or have a tire shop do it for you?

RykerUSA
05-06-2018, 08:56 PM
Tires Plus mounted tire on rim for $20

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
05-07-2018, 07:28 AM
going to have my rear mounted this week, dealer quoted me $239. i don't think i can pull wheel off & on so i
am going to pay. just glad i did my own fronts.

SpyderAnn01
05-07-2018, 07:40 AM
going to have my rear mounted this week, dealer quoted me $239. i don't think i can pull wheel off & on so i
am going to pay. just glad i did my own fronts.

If that includes the price of the tire, that’s not a bad deal.

gerald37
05-07-2018, 10:55 AM
I have a Harbor Freight tire changer with motorcycle attachment. Cost $82.00
Mo Mar tire bar $129.00

Total $211.00

I had the equipment and have changer dozens of motorcycle tires. I understand a lot of people can't and don't want to do their own work. The reason I am posting this is to let people know the savings if they are capable and want to do it. If you have the place to bolt a tire changer down in a garage or shop it is pretty simple to do. I am 80 years old and have just changed my rear tire (Altimax) and front tires (Federal's). My total cost was $168.76 for the tires. I know a lot of people will have many comments on this post but there may be several that would like to do their own. I use to do a lot of other people's motorcycles tires but I don't anymore.

treva
05-08-2018, 01:43 AM
I have a Harbor Freight tire changer with motorcycle attachment. Cost $82.00
Mo Mar tire bar $129.00

Total $211.00

I had the equipment and have changer dozens of motorcycle tires. I understand a lot of people can't and don't want to do their own work. The reason I am posting this is to let people know the savings if they are capable and want to do it. If you have the place to bolt a tire changer down in a garage or shop it is pretty simple to do. I am 80 years old and have just changed my rear tire (Altimax) and front tires (Federal's). My total cost was $168.76 for the tires. I know a lot of people will have many comments on this post but there may be several that would like to do their own. I use to do a lot of other people's motorcycles tires but I don't anymore.
Good for you g37. I hope i'm still doing all my own repairs/maintenance etc. at your age.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
05-08-2018, 06:58 AM
If that includes the price of the tire, that’s not a bad deal.

no the kumho ast i bought, i'm a tire dealer.

gerald37
05-08-2018, 08:08 AM
Good for you g37. I hope i'm still doing all my own repairs/maintenance etc. at your age.

I know I feel pretty fortune. I have had some health issued but have been able to handle them.