PDA

View Full Version : Lamonster Approved Air Pack (silver) not working....

BigGuy66
05-05-2018, 08:46 PM
...but it may just be me. It is fully charged. Unsure about how to get it pump air. I thought I knew but I tried several different steps and couldn't get it to pump air. I have misplaced the instructions. I looked on Lamonster's website and I can't find the Approved Air Pack on the site. I have had it less than a year. I have included a picture of what it looks like. When I press the power button, nothing happens - even to two LEDs on the front don't come on. I press the UNIT button to sequence to PSI, push '+' to set desired pressure, and fasten it to the tire valve. Hooked to a tire, it shows 3.0 psi and won't pump. Anyone know the sequence I need to use to make it work? Or, is it dead? I'm sending an email to Lamont as well.

DGoebel
05-05-2018, 08:53 PM
It's not intuitive that's for sure.
Press the Unit button to set the pressure desired (18 fronts, 20 rear), Connect the hose or chuck to your valve stem, It should show you the tires actual pressure. If it's low, Press and release the power button and it should pump up to the desired pressure (light comes on too). If it's high let some pressure out (I usually unscrew the hose from the pump) and then Press and release the power button. After it pumps up to the desired pressure it should shut the pump off. Press the Power button again to turn it off and save charge.

BigGuy66
05-05-2018, 09:25 PM
It's not intuitive that's for sure.
Press the Unit button to set the pressure desired (18 fronts, 20 rear), Connect the hose or chuck to your valve stem, It should show you the tires actual pressure. If it's low, Press and release the power button and it should pump up to the desired pressure (light comes on too). If it's high let some pressure out (I usually unscrew the hose from the pump) and then Press and release the power button. After it pumps up to the desired pressure it should shut the pump off. Press the Power button again to turn it off and save charge.

I followed your steps and I can set the psi, hook it to the tire, press the power button and nothing happens. INo pumping, no lights. It used to work. Now it doesn't. Thanks for the tips to help me try to get it to work.
Jim

DGoebel
05-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Try holding the Press Power button longer, of course if the tires pressure is high or already at the desired pressure it won't pump intentionally. I do have to futz with mine when the riding season starts to find the correct time pressing the power button to get it to pump. Make sure you're inflating at least a half pound or more.

Bfromla
05-06-2018, 01:14 AM
Have a tire to try on other than :spyder2::dontknow: say a wheel barrow or lawn mower? Easier access & you can deflate tire to zero then try pump at increasing pressures & various units, just with the charged battery or on the cord if need be. DO NOT disassemble:lecturef_smilie: any warranty is shot if you do. Lamont will have an answer for you in reasonable time, it is start of season & sure to be swamped. Lot of people are curious why the pump was removed as well. Hoping there is not some recall in future as it is a handy pump, keep up with the battery charging every 3months regardlessnojoke let us know results.

OlJim
05-06-2018, 08:10 AM
These air pumps are marketed under several different brand names. Amazon still carries one I think. Mine lasted less than a year and one of the four rechargeable batteries failed. After extensive search I found that the manufactures web site was shut down. You can disassemble by pulling the plastic end cap with the switches out, turning it sideways and push the whole thing back thru the metal sleeve. You can not buy direct replacement batteries but you can buy an alternate and with a little Southern Engineering change out the batteries. Mine now works better than it did when new. YRMV Your results may vary.

You can also order direct from China for about 26.00

Dudley
05-06-2018, 03:15 PM
"Lamonster Approved". My suggestion, call Lamonster and talk to him. He sells it, he may be able to help you solve this. Going to his sight won't help. When I first read your post it sounded like you were in a subtle way trashing Lamont without trying to resolve your problem with Lamont with a real time conversation. "Approved" does not mean responsible for it's performance. He tested it, liked it, and approved it and sells it. Period.

Peteoz
05-06-2018, 03:26 PM
The fact that you aren’t getting the two guide lights coming on when you press the power is suspicious, BigGuy. No matter what sequence you are trying, they should come on when you press the Power button. Doesn’t sound good. Hopefully Lamont will have seen it before and will respond to your email shortly.

Pete

Pirate looks at --
05-07-2018, 10:19 AM
Hmmmm, I wonder if these things just have a limited life. I am starting to experience issues with mine. It just does not have the umph it used to have, and it doesn't save a charge for any amount of time. Perhaps Lamont can comment in general.

Culpjp
05-08-2018, 09:07 AM
It looks like they are no longer for sale on Lamonsters site. I was hoping to buy one this spring. If there's an issue with the product Lamonsters won't sell it, and should help you with it.

BigGuy66
05-08-2018, 01:05 PM
Talked to Jacob at Lamonster. He said that their distributor dropped the air packs and they don't carry them anymore. He does have a couple left and is sending one out to me today. Once again, Lamonster tries to take care of us. BTW - I had sent an email to Lamonster at the same time I posted the original post. I was trying to find out if it was me not following a certain procedure. I also called Lamonster on Monday. I never intended to trash Lamonster and always go to the company to work out issues.
Jim

hypurone
05-08-2018, 05:03 PM
Talked to Jacob at Lamonster. He said that their distributor dropped the air packs and they don't carry them anymore. He does have a couple left and is sending one out to me today. Once again, Lamonster tries to take care of us. BTW - I had sent an email to Lamonster at the same time I posted the original post. I was trying to find out if it was me not following a certain procedure. I also called Lamonster on Monday. I never intended to trash Lamonster and always go to the company to work out issues.
Jim

Well that's not good.... I hope my wingman got his replaced in time....

Peteoz
05-08-2018, 05:14 PM
BTW - I had sent an email to Lamonster at the same time I posted the original post. I was trying to find out if it was me not following a certain procedure. I also called Lamonster on Monday. I never intended to trash Lamonster and always go to the company to work out issues.
Jim

Jim, that was exactly the way I read your post:thumbup:. Unfortunately, written English is very easily misinterpreted;).

Pete

Bfromla
05-10-2018, 03:07 PM
Any update?:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: