PDA

View Full Version : Home invasion story

Rogue Hawk
05-03-2018, 09:42 AM
For the past month, this video has been popping up in my recommended list. I am not sure why. So I finally watched it. I have been considering a home security system. A gun would not have helped her since they busted down the door. If she had a door video she would have been safer. A guy tried to get into my sisters home. He could not jimmy the lock so he left. Later he was charged with two rapes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjUzkVrEV1o

Bob Denman
05-03-2018, 10:18 AM
She's not telling the entire story...
And why does she expect her "Host" to pay for her stolen business equipment?
If she's not carrying the proper coverage for an Out of Country Trip: she should be reconsidering her actions.
She also threw the guy "under the bus". :lecturef_smilie: not cool...

mowin
05-03-2018, 11:12 AM
The only reason a CCW wouldn't have helped her in this case, is because she was in Canada visiting. IF she could have had a CCW, and have had some training, this would have ended much differently.

Bob Denman
05-03-2018, 11:36 AM
I suppose that a shotgun would have been pretty darn effective: from behind the door...nojoke

RinconRyder
05-03-2018, 12:32 PM
This appears to me as a setup. I think, having only the video information at hand, that the perps had some connection to Daub, the business owner as random forced entry during daylight is very rare. I will bet Daub is trying to find a new hiding place for his guns and hidden cash as we speak. And that said, she should distance herself from Daub ASAP.

The victim having a gun when answering the door would not have done her a ton of good IMHO. Anyone answering the door does not expect it to be rammed into their face and that surprise would nullify virtually anyone even if they were armed. And, if you are afraid to answer your home's door without a shotgun in your possession my best advice is to move.....far, far away. It is possible that a perp, seeing an armed homeowner, would bail at the sight of the gun but it also might mean he opens up before you come to your senses. A gun can be a good deterrent but only if you have adequate time to prepare and are not otherwise defenseless.

The fact that she was not raped also indicate to me this was not a random incident. The perps knew the homeowner and suspected he had guns and money hidden so there is some connection there. They took what they could carry and left without hurting her severely.

Positives? She kept her cool and lowered the threat posed by the perps and possibly saved her life. That takes an amazing amount of courage. Was there anything else she could have done? Probably not as the perps had total advantage.

Couple of observations:

1. Before opening the door know who is on the other side. If that person is not known to you do not open or unlock the door and be ready to dial 911. It stands to reason to keep all doors and windows secured as well unless you are prepared to defend against intruders.

2. Cooperate, as far as possible, with the perps. Your chances of survival are greatly enhanced. Try to notice any identifying marks or tattoos. Notice accents or names mentioned.

ES44AC
05-03-2018, 01:00 PM
#1 Like Bob sad theres a lot more to this story.
#2 Never Never open the door to strangers. Especially if you are a woman.
#3 She is a one of those Snowflakes that lives in the land of unicorns . She fell from the tree of fruits and nuts.
#4 Criminals are everywhere
#5 If you open the door or they force their way in you better be ready.
#6 She allows people to choke her out??? Very strange girl.

PCBeachBum
05-03-2018, 03:08 PM
I had an experience about 6 months ago at 3.30 am. I was watching a movie in the family room in the back. I had the front room lights on and heard a knock on the door. Looking at the clock, I knew this wasn't going to be good, since I wasn't expecting anyone after 3 in the morning. Walking into the kitchen on my way to the door, I opened a drawer and I grabbed my Judge. I than stood in the doorway to the front room and opened the cylinder checking the rounds in the Judge and had three 410's and 2 Long Colts. The blinds to the front window were partially open, so whoever was out there could see me and what I had in my hands. After closing the cylinder, I killed all the lights in both the kitchen and front room and started moving towards the front door and than heard a car door slam, lights coming on on the car and than speeding away. Not sure if they were gone, I decided to move back through the house to the back door and go out that way to the gate to the fence and taking my flashlight and holding both with both hands together, I checked the outside of the house and around my truck, car and trailer, finding no one. I have DV (Disable Veteran) plates on both the car and truck and I guess whoever knocked on my door, didn't want to mess with this veteran. The Spyder is in the enclosed trailer.

Its not the first time and in 2005 after I bought my truck, Katrina hit and we had over 2000 of LA finest residents here. At a stoplight, an old black car pulled up along side me and than pulled in front of me. The front seat passenger was half way out the window and said to me I want your truck. I said the dealer is across the bridge on 23rd st, go buy your own. He said no!! I want this truck and while he was struggling to get back into the car to get out, I pulled the Colt .45 from the holster, I attached to the back of the seat with velcro below the console and laid it on the window jam. Coming to the door, he said get out of the truck. I said I'm gonna give you a choice. You can back off and go back to that car and continue breathing, or if you twitch the wrong way, I will end your existence on this earth. Now seeing the Colt, he says I bet its not loaded. I said you have a 50/50 chance to find out and if you think I give a :cus: about your thieving :cus: and being a Vietnam Vet you better think again. His eyes at this point got real big and by Florida law I had the legal right to blow him away, so was ready for both and he took two steps back and than went to his car. At this point not knowing if he they had a gun in the car, I opened the door and stepped out with my weapon trained on him, using the door for protection. The guy behind me in his truck watched the whole thing go down and had his gun ready as his wife was on the phone to the 911 operator giving him information as to what was happening and looking down Thomas Dr., I could see blue lights and slightly hear sirens getting closer as this black car ran the light and sped away. After they left, the light turned green and I pulled around the corner. laying the loaded Colt on the passenger seat. The guy behind me followed and came to the door and asked if I was okay. I said yea I'm good, I just need to calm down a bit. A few minutes later a State Cop pulled in behind the guy who was behind me and he asked if I was Okay. I told him fine and he asked about the gun. Told him its on the seat and he went around the truck and opened that door. Told him to be careful, there is a round in the pipe. He pulled the magazine and looking he said man you don't :cus: around using Black Talons and than pulled back the slide and the round came out of the chamber. At that time he got a call and said they caught the guys on North Lagoon. Checking their car, they had an unregistered 9 mm, drugs and warrants in LA but before going back to LA, they would be doing a lot of time here. All I had to do was ID the one that came to the door of my truck and I did that in the squad car.

I've been broken into 3 times and I found how they were getting in, through a window, that looked locked but wasn't. I got a board and drove about 30 nails and 10 to 15 deck screws through it and laid it on the floor, below the window. I often went out around the same time each day and this day I parked my truck along side a neighbors house across the street and waited. A red car drove into the yard and I waited some more and it was a girl who used to live here and stole money and medication I get from the VA. When she went around back to the window, I drove in and parked in the driveway and leaning up against my truck, I heard a scream and waited some more and than she came limping back around the house to her car, calling me every name in the book and than got on the phone and called the cops, who came within minutes and said by protecting his house, that's not a crime and breaking in is. Its good to be friends with the Sheriff's watch commander, who has been out on my boat and I have loaned it to him, to take his girlfriend out. He asked what I wanted to do and I said this is the 3rd time, I'll press charges and maybe she will change her life for the better after this. I haven't had a problem with her since and that was in 2010.