PDA

View Full Version : Sounds about right to me ...

UtahPete
05-01-2018, 01:01 PM
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/parkland-father-files-lawsuit-against-coward-school-resource-officer-n870326

ARtraveler
05-01-2018, 01:09 PM
:bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq: Hope this one does not get to hot. All the "hot button" issues are in place.

Bob Denman
05-01-2018, 01:33 PM
I don't know if suing that miserable little chicken-**** is the way to send him the proper message...

But it's a decent start!

ARtraveler
05-01-2018, 01:36 PM
A serious question. Can they legally sue a "public servant," and I use the term very loosely? He was considered that until he resigned. :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Bob Denman
05-01-2018, 01:38 PM
:D I guess that we'll be finding out... :dontknow:

UtahPete
05-01-2018, 01:44 PM
I don't know if suing that miserable little chicken-**** is the way to send him the proper message...But it's a decent start!
I think he already got the message. Question is whether those advocating a 'good guy with a gun is the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun' and arming of teachers as a solution to school shootings are going to get it. Probably not. I just wish they were suing Wayne LaPierre for his reckless and irresponsible rhetoric. nojoke

vided
05-01-2018, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=UtahPete;1356674]I think he already got the message. Question is whether those advocating a 'good guy with a gun is the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun' and arming of teachers as a solution to school shootings are going to get it. Probably not. I just wish they were suing Wayne LaPierre for his reckless and irresponsible rhetoric. nojoke[/QUOTE

you just can't resist can you nojoke

UtahPete
05-01-2018, 01:56 PM
[/QUOTE you just can't resist can you nojoke
Nope nojoke

vided
05-01-2018, 02:02 PM

Bob Denman
05-01-2018, 02:08 PM
:agree:

But you have to remember: Mr. LaPierre is exercising his First Amendment rights... just like you do!

UtahPete
05-01-2018, 02:27 PM
But you have to remember: Mr. LaPierre is exercising his First Amendment rights... just like you do!
There are limits to 1st amendment protections. Just like there are limits to 2nd amendment rights. nojoke

Orange Spyder Man
05-01-2018, 04:22 PM
metal detectors apparently work at airports... why wouldn't they work at schools ??

ofdave
05-01-2018, 04:40 PM
I see a parent who is devastated by the loss of his child.
I see a man who did not do his job and will face the consequences of that.
I do not see what the hell Wayne LaPierre has to do with the topic of the post.
Other than to enflame and, yet once again, let the ego of that commentator be placed in the limelight.

Holly
05-01-2018, 04:59 PM
metal detectors apparently work at airports... why wouldn't they work at schools ??

It doesn't fit the narrative....................... :dontknow:

MEP
05-01-2018, 05:00 PM
I see a parent who is devastated by the loss of his child.
I see a man who did not do his job and will face the consequences of that.
I do not see what the hell Wayne LaPierre has to do with the topic of the post.
Other than to enflame and, yet once again, let the ego of that commentator be placed in the limelight.

Thank you.

Bob Denman
05-01-2018, 05:03 PM
:agree:

Pirate looks at --
05-01-2018, 05:11 PM
[QUOTE=UtahPete;1356674]I think he already got the message. Question is whether those advocating a 'good guy with a gun is the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun' and arming of teachers as a solution to school shootings are going to get it. Probably not. I just wish they were suing Wayne LaPierre for his reckless and irresponsible rhetoric. nojoke[/QUOTE

you just can't resist can you nojoke
And neither can you!:roflblack::roflblack::(:roflblack:

johnsimion
05-01-2018, 07:00 PM
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/parkland-father-files-lawsuit-against-coward-school-resource-officer-n870326

It's just something to grab headlines and maybe settlement value, because the case has no merit for numerous reasons: (a) Law enforcement always has discretion as how they act, (b) the child was not shot by the deputy but by a crazy person with a really powerful weapon, and (c) they can't prove that intervention by the deputy would have made any difference. The deputy's defense will be that he acted properly because he thought the shooting was outside (as he claimed from the beginning), he will say that he couldn't stop a guy with an AR-15 with nothing but a Glock, and that by the time he got backup, the officers were instructed to form a perimeter. We don't know if he could have stopped the shooter or not. You can speculate that he could have stopped the guy, but speculation isn't PROOF. You can speculate just as easily that if he'd run into the building, he would have just been shot dead and become another victim.

Worst of all would be the result if by some miracle the father won the case. First, the deputy won't be the one paying. It will be the taxpayers taking it in the shorts once again. Second, you won't be able to pay people enough to take a job as a school security officer. How much will you have to pay somebody to take a job where they're expected to run into a building by themselves with nothing but a Glock and confront some wacko with an AR-15? We don't ask our soldiers to go on suicide missions all by themselves, why would we expect a security guard to do so?

UtahPete
05-01-2018, 07:06 PM
It's just something to grab headlines and maybe settlement value, because the case has no merit for numerous reasons: (a) Law enforcement always has discretion as how they act, (b) the child was not shot by the deputy but by a crazy person with a really powerful weapon, and (c) they can't prove that intervention by the deputy would have made any difference. The deputy's defense will be that he acted properly because he thought the shooting was outside (as he claimed from the beginning), he will say that he couldn't stop a guy with an AR-15 with nothing but a Glock, and that by the time he got backup, the officers were instructed to form a perimeter. We don't know if he could have stopped the shooter or not. You can speculate that he could have stopped the guy, but speculation isn't PROOF. You can speculate just as easily that if he'd run into the building, he would have just been shot dead and become another victim.

Worst of all would be the result if by some miracle the father won the case. First, the deputy won't be the one paying. It will be the taxpayers taking it in the shorts once again. Second, you won't be able to pay people enough to take a job as a school security officer. How much will you have to pay somebody to take a job where they're expected to run into a building by themselves with nothing but a Glock and confront some wacko with an AR-15? We don't ask our soldiers to go on suicide missions all by themselves, why would we expect a security guard to do so?
I agree. Which sort of undermines the NRA's argument, doesn't it?

UtahPete
05-01-2018, 07:08 PM
That could be your avatar! Spewing bile.

vided
05-01-2018, 07:41 PM
That could be your avatar! Spewing bile.

All the uglyness and bile seems to always come from you, which is to be expected.

enjoy your blessed day

UtahPete
05-01-2018, 08:02 PM
All the uglyness and bile seems to always come from you, which is to be expected. enjoy your blessed day
Ugliness, WylieC, not uglyness. I can see why you resort to graphics to express yourself.

vided
05-01-2018, 08:06 PM
Got ya, I knew you couldn't resist being a spelling nazi :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

UtahPete
05-01-2018, 08:11 PM
Got ya, I knew you couldn't resist being a spelling nazi :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
:clap::clap: