PDA

View Full Version : Lamont's Death Ride

jwfranklin
05-28-2009, 06:32 PM
I found this posted on the V8 board.

http://www.valkyrieriders.com/deathride.htm

This story is absolutely hilarious, kinda long, but think you will enjoy it.

Wayne

Lamonster
05-29-2009, 05:54 AM
:opps::helpsmilie:

vt228
05-29-2009, 06:16 AM
:thumbup: you had a ride of your life man great story and thanks for telling us

Don..........:thumbup:

8LEGS
05-29-2009, 11:08 PM
:2thumbs: Good read. Glad you are here to tell about it!

jeuchler
05-30-2009, 06:52 AM
"Now this guy doesn't look like a psycho does he?"

http://www.valkyrieriders.com/images/thedeal1.jpg

(Um...which one?)

effgjamis
06-04-2009, 03:06 PM
enie minie mo....... or one potatoe, two potatoe, three:joke:

Lamonster
02-18-2013, 04:21 PM
This old story was brought up on Facebook so I thought I would bring it back from the dead for those of you that haven't seen it before. :opps:

ARtraveler
02-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Now that was a ride!

flamingobabe
02-18-2013, 04:57 PM
It was better to watch him tell the story in Person ...when it was real fresh

vrodrjs
02-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Great read.

bruiser
02-18-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm afraid I would have soiled myself :yikes:. I've been on the Autobahn, not on a motorcycle, that was enough.

ckiblue
02-18-2013, 08:57 PM
This old story was brought up on Facebook so I thought I would bring it back from the dead for those of you that haven't seen it before. :opps:

Great story, thanks for bringing it back. Loved it!

Oldmanzues
02-19-2013, 10:18 AM
Thanks for brining it back.
30 years ago for time frame. The autobahn is "interesting". It get even more interesting as you watch the speedo reach 300 k. the Opel belonged to the head of GM for Europe. I was not driving. I spent 7 years in German ( 2 USAF tours) and I almost got used to driving there.
Italy is a way different story. One of tours involued flying to and staying in Naples for a couple days, every month or so. Traffic rules????????????? are for wimps or something. The "joke" at the time was the third car thru the light was a Polica vehicle. What would be considered a four lane ( 2 each direction) in the rest of the world had traffice 6 or more "lanes", ( 3 on each side ) probably not on the same side of the center line .
As a part of my job, I was asked to drive a Navy owned vehicle across town. I was assured my USAF license was valid. I asked about a wreck. The Navy Chief answered the Navy expects you have a wreck a year down here. The Polica might show up or you might have a fight, but it is no big deal. Anyone has ever driven a goverment vehicle think about that answer.
I will take my driving instructor job wsith 15 year olds here a lot quicker. Actually that was fun, before I retired, again.
LaMonster will never forget that ride, I know.
Oldmanzues

Yeochief
02-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Great story, thanks for sharing :roflblack:.

Driving and riding in Europe is an experience. I was stationed in Germany in the early sixties and drove a duce and a half through the back roads while on maneavers. Roads weren't much wider than that truck. Meeting a German Army convoy headed in the opposite direction makes for lots of interesting times.

The Italians tried painting traffic control lines on the streets and had to remove them, people got into way too many smash ups trying to figure out the lines. Round abouts, traffic circles are always an adventure.