PDA

View Full Version : 2018 RT limited VS 2016 F3T

Dmartin
04-30-2018, 01:27 AM
My wife and I own a 2016 F3T. When we are crusing together she gets no wind bufetting what so ever. I love my F3T but due to back issues We are thinking of upgrading to a NEW 2018 RT Limited. So this weekend our dealer let me borrowed 1 for the day. As the driver of the bike I can honestly say WHAT a beautiful ride it is to drive. No wind what so ever, easier to turn, very nice and comfortable seat and the luggage capacity is much better. BUT theres 1 issue my wife wasnt happy with what so ever. Yes the seat is better, yes the back rest is much better, BUT she says the wind oh the wind shes getting is absolutely not acceptable. Bufetting like crazy. Its funny cause shes doesnt get ANY at all on our F3T. What gives? is there an easy fix? Is a taller wider windsheild NEEDED already when buying a 33K new machine?? Has anyone had the same issue and if so How did you fixed it for the passenger? thank you so much in advance..

JayBros
04-30-2018, 05:48 AM
Did you raise the RT's windshield? When my wife rides with me I raise it all the way and she experiences no buffeting. Mine is the stock '14 windshield.

wrb3004
04-30-2018, 06:19 AM
I have an F4 Customs windshield, the largest with vent, and with it all of the way up she doesn't get any buffeting. But she does say she gets some gas fumes from time to time. I assume it's due to some backdraft.

Devious56
04-30-2018, 06:30 AM
With the sindshield down on our RT Limited, my wife complains about the wind, with the windshield up she is happy as a clam.

Dmartin
04-30-2018, 01:33 PM
Yup I raised it all the way up. She is still getting buffeting like crazy she says and My friend also owns one and his wife is saying the same... Hmmm..

Did you raise the RT's windshield? When my wife rides with me I raise it all the way and she experiences no buffeting. Mine is the stock '14 windshield.

Scotts8826
05-01-2018, 05:42 AM
I am 6' 2" with a long torso so I sit above the windshield. An F4 tall and wide windshield with the vent took care of buffeting for me. I purchased it last year before I went on a 3k mile trip. It made a huge difference.

Dmartin
05-01-2018, 01:22 PM
the wind for me is fine. The problem is My wife . Shes buffeting like crazy she says...

JayBros
05-01-2018, 02:27 PM
Were I you I'd speak with the F4 folks about a larger sixe than the OEM one. Their windshields appear to be amongst the best on the market. I will replace my OEM windshield with an F4 when the original gets too many pits in it.