PDA

View Full Version : I need help with CB

Grumpy1129
04-29-2018, 02:23 PM
A friend just installed a CB in my 2014 RTS. The CB screen shows up, you can navigate through it and when you use the push to talk button it shows TX on the screen but nothing transmits and I can't receive any transmissions. The bluetooth dongle was also installed and seems to be working properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Spyder 42
04-29-2018, 04:36 PM
Is this an OEM unit? I thought that the BRP CB is hard wired only, no Bluetooth headsets.

Grumpy1129
04-29-2018, 06:34 PM
Is this an OEM unit? I thought that the BRP CB is hard wired only, no Bluetooth headsets.

Yes, it is OEM. The dealer told me the dongle would work with the CB. We tried it with and without the dongle. Both ways, no transmissions.

Spyder 42
04-29-2018, 08:49 PM
Ok, I don’t have a CB installed but IIRC, the dongle and the CB take the same port out of the radio so you can’t do both at the same time. The CB should have a cable to connect the hard wired headsets. Was this installed on the dash?

I’m stalling until someone with CB install experience chimes in.

Mad Mac
04-30-2018, 06:52 PM
I have the BRP c.b. installed on ours. and it has the dongle for Bluetoothing a phone. The c.b. has to have a hard-wired intercom system (cords from bike to helmet) to be able to hear it in your helmets. Try taking the mute off of your speakers and then use the PTT switch to see if you can hear static or someone else using a c.b., make sure your squelch is set also, adjust it to were you start to hear static, then turn it down until the static goes away. Then try to xmit. Hopefully this helps. Mac:dontknow:

Easy Rider
04-30-2018, 07:47 PM
Yes, it is OEM. The dealer told me the dongle would work with the CB. We tried it with and without the dongle. Both ways, no transmissions.

If you expect to have the CB audio delivered via Bluetooth.......I think you got some bad advice.

When I provided a "factory" CB accessory for the dealer to install on my new '17 RT, they had to order TWO additional wiring harnesses.
And that was just to make it work with a hardwired headset.

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-30-2018, 10:55 PM
The BRP CB is a combined CB and intercom communications unit. It must be hard wired to helmet headsets. There is a BT adapter to use a phone, but it only uses BT to connect the phone to the intercom by using a GPS with microphone input. Currently, there is no way to use a BRP CB with BT helmet headsets. There is a BT adapter available for Harleys and Goldwings called Free Wire that connects into the headset plug of the intercom and BT connects to helmets, but as far as I know no one has come up with the necessary adapter harness to use it on the Spyder.

jcthorne
05-01-2018, 06:29 AM
If you want to use bluetooth helmets with CB, use the J&M motorcycle CB system and the Sena CB interface. The outdated BRP CB option (discontinued for 2018) is hardwired helmets only.