PDA

View Full Version : New Baja Ron Sway Bar

2013REDRTS
04-28-2018, 06:58 PM
I installed my new Baja Ron Sway Bar and Lamonster end links today. I was surprised to find that when I took the old Sway Bar out that it already had a Baja Ron Sway Bar installed on it. I could not tell what it was until I had it all the way out:banghead:. It had the factory plastic end links and the factory bushings which I though was really weird. My Spyder is a 13' and had 2500 miles on it when I bought it 3 years ago. Why would anybody go through all that trouble and not buy the entire kit? The new bar looks different than the one I took out. So now I have an extra Baja Ron Sway Bar. I noticed a little bit of a difference from the old set-up but I was not blown away with the difference. I think the bar needs to be painted a different color than Black, maybe Red or Yellow. That way you know what it is by looking at it. IMO

4 MARIE
04-28-2018, 08:50 PM
did you measure the diameter of each bar ? Then you would know for certain what you are playing with.

Bob Denman
04-28-2018, 08:54 PM
:agree: Put the tape to it, and tell us what you find...

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-28-2018, 10:32 PM
I installed my new Baja Ron Sway Bar and Lamonster end links today. I was surprised to find that when I took the old Sway Bar out that it already had a Baja Ron Sway Bar installed on it. I could not tell what it was until I had it all the way out:banghead:. It had the factory plastic end links and the factory bushings which I though was really weird. My Spyder is a 13' and had 2500 miles on it when I bought it 3 years ago. Why would anybody go through all that trouble and not buy the entire kit? The new bar looks different the the one I took out. So now I have an extra Baja Ron Sway Bar. I noticed a little bit of a difference from the old set-up but I was not blown away with the difference. I think the bar needs to be painted a different color than Black, maybe Red or Yellow. That way you know what it is by looking at it. IMO
Are you sure the bar you took off is a BajaRon bar? Four years ago Ron was selling the sway bar with the option of no links. That's the way I went with my 2013 RT. Since then he's decided it's best to always include the Ron links.

Chupaca
04-28-2018, 11:44 PM
BajaRon originally sold his swaybar in red with no hiem joints. His bar will not work with the OEM bushings which makes your find interesting. He later painted them black and included the hiem joints. Guess that measurement suggested above could clear things up...:dontknow:

2013REDRTS
04-29-2018, 07:29 AM
I put the new bar on top of the old bar when I removed it and they seem to be the same size. The new bushings are a little bit different then the ones I took out that's why I thought they might be stock bushings. There is a Baja Ron sticker on the old sway bar. The old bushings are white just like the new ones but the new ones are just a little bit bigger.

Mikey
04-29-2018, 07:38 AM
Sounds like you already had the best sway bar and didn't know it. I put one on mine a couple of weeks ago, what a difference it made, I love it!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Ron

Bob Denman
04-29-2018, 07:44 AM
It seems as if you've got a perfectly good Baja Ron Anti-SwayBar for sale... :thumbup:
And you were wondering why there wasn't much difference in the ride! :D