PDA

View Full Version : BOOTS ANYONE

Tango
04-28-2018, 06:46 PM
Happen to click on a "Bates" add on facebook. Thought I would look around. Bates is well known in the LEO, and military field. Saw that they also had some "motorcycle" boots as well. Well, I clicked on "outlet". And Wow! Steep discounts, as well as free shipping, no tax. These are what I got. "Goretex" waterproof, breathable boots. They didn't have wide, so I went up 1/2 size. Fit great. and the kicker? Only $50!!!! Remember, free shipping as well. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:160441

trikermutha
04-28-2018, 09:06 PM
Do they come with Hairy legs too? :roflblack:

Peteoz
04-28-2018, 09:17 PM
Yeah, but it’s unfortunate that they only go up to size 14 in their motorcycle boots, Tom. They should stock “real” men’s sizes. :D:D .....I’ve been using Bates as my motorcycle boots for years, but I use their tactical/military boots as they go up to size 17 and EEEEWide. Whenever we do an overnighter and leave boots lying around, there is always some clown who puts mine on.....usually while still wearing their own boots :D:D

Pete

jaherbst
04-28-2018, 11:21 PM
A real attention getter in a Gay Bar.

Jack

ofdave
04-29-2018, 03:21 AM
Yeah, but it’s unfortunate that they only go up to size 14 in their motorcycle boots, Tom. They should stock “real” men’s sizes. :D:D .....I’ve been using Bates as my motorcycle boots for years, but I use their tactical/military boots as they go up to size 17 and EEEEWide. Whenever we do an overnighter and leave boots lying around, there is always some clown who puts mine on.....usually while still wearing their own boots :D:D

Pete

so, do you hydroplane when walking through puddles?:D

my neighbor, Ken, has similar sized feet and he is an avid water skier and does a lot of it barefoot.
There are benefits I guess.

Bob Denman
04-29-2018, 07:35 AM
Tom,
Thanks for the heads-up on this great deal! :thumbup:

Tango
04-29-2018, 08:12 AM
Do they come with Hairy legs too? :roflblack:

I have a cousin that calls me the human sweater. Helps keep me warm in the winter. :roflblack: Tom :spyder:

Tango
04-29-2018, 08:18 AM

Jack

Jack. I don't care if they were pink. Goretex, $50, I'm in. Wife was pissed they didn't have her size. All black was $150 more. And the red matches MUSHU. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

JKMSPYDER
04-29-2018, 09:03 AM
​They also have the Marauder waterproof boot on sale for $50. It is grey and black. I just ordered a pair last night.

jaherbst
04-29-2018, 09:19 AM
Jack. I don't care if they were pink. Goretex, $50, I'm in. Wife was pissed they didn't have her size. All black was $150 more. And the red matches MUSHU. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Good on ya Tom! In the fifties I wore Pink and Black sleeveless shirts and they were very much in at the time. A few will remember this.

​Jack

Bob Denman
04-29-2018, 10:56 AM
Good on ya Tom! In the fifties I wore Pink and Black sleeveless shirts and they were very much in at the time. A few will remember this. Jack
:D I remember them...

But not fondly... :shocked:

Tango
04-29-2018, 11:14 AM
Good on ya Tom! In the fifties I wore Pink and Black sleeveless shirts and they were very much in at the time. A few will remember this.

​Jack

Only a real man can wear pink! Jack you be one. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Peteoz
04-29-2018, 03:36 PM
so, do you hydroplane when walking through puddles?:D

my neighbor, Ken, has similar sized feet and he is an avid water skier and does a lot of it barefoot.
There are benefits I guess.

My wife gets a good laugh out of me walking down steps with my feet at 45degrees so I can get enough of my soles on the steps.;) She’s a cruel woman :D:D

Pete

wyliec
04-29-2018, 04:10 PM
:D I remember them...

But not fondly... :shocked:

You were born in 1958, weren't you?

LateLifeCrisis
04-29-2018, 04:20 PM

Pete

Ah, but having a husband with big feet is handy when packing for a trip - my shoes easily fit into my Honey's along with socks and a few other items!

LateLifeCrisis
04-29-2018, 04:42 PM

​Jack

One of my Dad's favorite photos was of him on his Indian Chief motorcycle (seems to me it was a 46 or 47) sitting in all his glory with his pink and black SLEEVELESS shirt and his hair all curled and swirled looking so manly as his daughter - all of a year old - sat between his legs, on the gas tank, ON A TEA TOWEL (my Mom's idea of safety) with a big grin on her face. RIDE was one of my first words. So off we'd go with my Mom running behind us yelling, "Now you two be careful!!" :dg1: And yep - I was a Daddy's Girl!

Devious56
04-29-2018, 05:01 PM
Academy Sports carries Bates boots, and if you don't like them, they will swap them out or give you your money back. After a year, the tongue's wear wearing in crooked, when you walked, curving around to the outside real badly. They replaced them with out a blink. I may never have to buy another pair of boots.

david

Bob Denman
04-29-2018, 05:22 PM
You were born in 1958, weren't you?
Nope...

missouriboy
04-29-2018, 09:45 PM

​JackI remember that! I graduated in 1957. In our school it was Pink shoes, Black or dark Gray slacks, and a Pink shirt. I never had the wherewithal to follow the fads, though. One guy had his White Buck shoes (from a prior fad) dyed bright pink!

Peteoz
04-30-2018, 04:03 PM
Ah, but having a husband with big feet is handy when packing for a trip - my shoes easily fit into my Honey's along with socks and a few other items!

Hahaha.....yep......that’s the reason my wife uses to take a couple of extra pairs of shoes when travelling, Latelife ;):D:D
Pete

Bob Denman
04-30-2018, 05:14 PM
Good on ya Tom! In the fifties I wore Pink and Black sleeveless shirts and they were very much in at the time. A few will remember this.Jack
Back then: it was a pretty catchy color!

(The Missus sitting in a '56 Baby 'Bird...)

crazycanuck
04-30-2018, 05:30 PM

Jack

:yikes::roflblack:

missouriboy
05-02-2018, 04:17 AM
Back then: it was a pretty catchy color!

(The Missus sitting in a '56 Baby 'Bird...)The Pink and Gray fad must have been fairly widespread, because I remember that color on a brand new 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air hardtop. Factory paint. It was gorgeous then, and still would be today!