PDA

View Full Version : New pipe change Torque

SailnDive
04-25-2018, 10:59 PM
I put the Lamonster pipe on my RTs today and the bike seems to have more power. Small increase in exhaust noise but not really a lot. Got a little wheel spin when I hit it hard. Never noticed that before. We'll take a longer ride tomorrow to really judge the sound.

Chupaca
04-25-2018, 11:03 PM
Great to find those little extras...:2thumbs: feeling is believing...:ohyea:

DGoebel
04-26-2018, 07:26 AM
Not to mention your Spyder weighs less now, takin that Cat outta there....

Bob Denman
04-26-2018, 07:31 AM
We're looking forward to your long term "Report From The Saddle"! :thumbup:

SailnDive
04-26-2018, 01:46 PM
We took the bike for a longer ride today and we find the sound to be about right. We do not like a really loud bike. So I am really glad that we chose the Lamonster pipe. The fit was perfect and other than getting that top spring back on, it was an easy job. I wonder if Spyder sells a tool for fitting those top springs? I'll bet that a long needle nose plyer would work. We did get it using Jo's cord method ... but it was not easy. I don't know if the improved sound just makes it seem stronger ... but it sure feels stronger. I was tired of riding a Singer Sewing Machine. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.png A really well built piece of hardware.

Quinton

s

SailnDive
04-27-2018, 08:15 AM
We like the pipe but as a retired welder I have to wonder about the life span of the thin material it is made from. I would hate to be 1000 miles from home and have the pipe fail. The fab and tig work look excellent. Has anyone had this pipe on for an extended time. The results were exactly what I was looking for. Lamonster, What do you say?

PW2013STL
04-27-2018, 08:43 AM
We like the pipe but as a retired welder I have to wonder about the life span of the thin material it is made from. I would hate to be 1000 miles from home and have the pipe fail. The fab and tig work look excellent. Has anyone had this pipe on for an extended time. The results were exactly what I was looking for. Lamonster, What do you say?

I had one on the RT for about 3 years before I removed it. Looked as good as new except for the baked on Alaska clay.

l beleive it will last as long as your Spyder.