PDA

View Full Version : Finishing touch on my Mad Max Edition...

hypurone
04-23-2018, 06:17 PM
Somehow my original post got sent to the GS/RS sub-forum! :banghead:

Anyway, I just had to get rid of the white Cali plate and go old school. It just wasn't working for me and the direction I took....

oldguyinTX
04-23-2018, 06:21 PM
CA lets you choose your plate color? Seems as though your DMV is moving into the 19th century.

hypurone
04-23-2018, 06:31 PM
CA lets you choose your plate color? Seems as though your DMV is moving into the 19th century.

Well, to a degree. You can choose one of several Environmental plates of various colors or this one which is the legacy 60's plate. You have to special order it and wait 12 weeks but yeah!

As for the DMV itself, they are awesome if you use common sense and SET AN APPOINTMENT in advance! Sure you may not get an appt for a few days to a couple of weeks but hell that beats going there and waiting around for hours and then bitching about it.... Poor planning on a persons' part does make it an emergency on theirs!
I had a 12:30 appt, got there 15mins early, checked in, waited all of 2 mins, got called and was done by the time my 12:30 appt time was reached! :bowdown:

hawkiii
04-23-2018, 08:55 PM
Really looks cool Hypurone. Goes with the Mad Max Edition.

UtahPete
04-23-2018, 08:59 PM
Somehow my original post got sent to the GS/RS sub-forum! :banghead: Anyway, I just had to get rid of the white Cali plate and go old school. It just wasn't working for me and the direction I took....
Time to update the Avatar maybe?

hypurone
04-24-2018, 09:43 PM
Time to update the Avatar maybe?

I go back and forth on that. On the one hand I no longer ride 2 wheels, but on the other it does represent me & my attitude when I ryde! So ... :dontknow:

Plus, I made that! :thumbup: