PDA

View Full Version : My new bike

Rogue Hawk
04-23-2018, 11:28 AM
I upgraded from the 2016 Ninja 650 to the 2017 Ninja 1000. I paid 9.6K new. It was a logical step. I like how the Kawi bikes feel when I sit on them. It feels like I am "in" the bike rather than on "top" of it. It give me confidence in turns when I can leverage my legs more rather than just lean in. It's also fast. It is limited to 150 mph:doorag:. Not that I am planning to go that fast, but it's more of a bragging right:bowdown::firstplace:. Perhaps one day I will take it somewhere like the Texas Mile and let it loose. Here is some details about it. https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2017/05/07/2017-kawasaki-ninja-1000-abs-review-14-fast-facts/

It has a pretty upright riding position, so there is little presser on my palms and lower back. I plan to take it in for some safety and ergonomic upgrades. I like the Givi bags. They are made for this bike. The green is a replaceable skin, so I can change colors.

This is just a crappy initial phone pic. I will do some better ones in the summer.

Bob Denman
04-23-2018, 11:45 AM
:clap::congrats::2thumbs:

IGETAROUND
04-23-2018, 12:02 PM
Great looking ride, glad you explained about the bags; was wondering about that

Al

Arion
04-23-2018, 12:34 PM
Very nice looking machine indeed. At my mid-to-upper senior citizen age, however, I'd probably be in the weeds before very long - grinning all the while. Sort of a Catch 22 - love going fast on twisty roads but don't react quickly enough any longer to do that safely - for very long. ;)

ARtraveler
04-23-2018, 12:39 PM
:congrats::congrats: on the new Kawi Ninja. They build good stuff. I have never had a Ninja, but had four UJM's, one Voyager, and the rest in various cruisers. :thumbup:

blacklightning
04-23-2018, 12:54 PM
Very nice bike! I have owned 5 kawasaki motorcycles. Everything from the zzr600, to the mighty zx14. They have always served me well, and fortunately, kawasaki seems to stand behind them. I was looking into the concours 14 before I picked up my M109. But I decided that I am more of a cruizing guy now, and if I got something more capable of handling the curves, I might just hurt myself. One of the biggest things for a bike for me now, is no chain. I will take a belt, a driveshaft, but no chain.

Chupaca
04-23-2018, 02:11 PM
Looks like a great ride. Though I never got into the whole sport bike thing I worked on them all and modified them but at best rode them around the block...enjoy it :2thumbs:

Yazz
04-23-2018, 06:46 PM
Congrats on the new Ninja!

Had to google the Texas Mile to learn about it. It's about two hours from our house.

Oh man, get to do WOT and see where the wind resistance kicks in. I know what the speed is with a RS touring windshield, would love to try it with the racing windshield on.

Next event is in October...

Ok, your Ninja will beat my GS, but the fun is in going down the strip. :thumbup:

Rogue Hawk
04-24-2018, 11:01 AM
Thanks guys. The only issue I have with it is the shift lever is too short. So when I take it in I will look to get a longer one. Right now, I have to keep the rpm's under 4000, which is no fun. I got cars out accelerating me which is embarrassing. :yikes::D I do wish my F3 would have worked out. But I have to deal with things the way they are.