PDA

View Full Version : muffler

SailnDive
04-20-2018, 12:14 PM
I just ordered the Lemonster replacement pipe for my 2014 RTs. It comes with a baffle that may or may not be inserted. I don't want a really "Harley" loud bike. What will I get with it out? I guess I will just have to try it and see. I'll try with it out first. Just thought I would ask here first. Someone must be running it,

Chupaca
04-20-2018, 02:12 PM
Youtube has a lot of exhausts with sound clips you can check out. Lamont may as well but it is a reference as what you listen on may distort a bit but close...:thumbup:

SteveLaoyster
04-20-2018, 02:40 PM
I have Lamont's bypass pipe with the can opener baffle installed. It allows a more throaty sound without being loud. I don't know how much louder it would be without the baffle. I think there are some on here that have tried it both ways. We went for a ride recently and my passenger said that it definitely reduced the amount of heat coming out from underneath.

Mazo EMS2
04-20-2018, 05:06 PM
I had the cat delete from Lamont for a while. I was a little disappointed in the swap so I sold it. I think it improved performance a bit, and maybe a slight improvement in mileage, but I was hoping for more rumble, throaty, deeper sound. I tried it with and without the baffle but never heard what I hoped for. I contributed it to being a 3 cylinder RT. I've heard the F3's sound a bit better. The heat reduction was sort of noticeable, but not huge.

2dogs
04-20-2018, 07:35 PM
More rumble, deep and throaty, sound. Ain't never gonna happen.