PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Wattage

2013REDRTS
04-16-2018, 09:48 AM
Does anybody know where to find or how many watts the Factory radio is? I'm going to change out the front speakers on the RT-S. Thanks is advance.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-16-2018, 10:58 AM
Does anybody know where to find or how many watts the Factory radio is? I'm going to change out the front speakers on the RT-S. Thanks is advance., ( This info is NOT anecdotal it is Fact based ) ....... Back in 2014 when I bought my RT, I decide the speakers really S*cked, and got some 2 ohm JBL speakers.... I wasn't able to get any info from " RSI ", about the Stereo they make for BRP..... also BRP was No help ...... But I am pretty sure it's in the 16 to 18 watt range... most Head units for Auto's are similar ...... Here is something to consider ...if you get really good speakers( like JBL2 ohm ) for the front ONLY , when the REAR speakers start to sound crappy ( and they do at about 1/2 volume ) you won't even hear the Good Speakers....this is just a fact of your hearing ..... Bad sound will cover good sound every time. So change all Four or don't bother ..... I used the JBL's because they were 2 ohm model's ...... I enlarged the rear speaker hole slightly to 4 5/8th in. they do fit into the rest of the housing...... My sound now rocks even at 80mph ( 80% of full volume ) ..... maybe the dozen or so folks here who followed my lead will chime in on their opinion ....... Mike :thumbup:

wd8ajj
04-16-2018, 12:44 PM
Wondering how hard was it to install the JBL's. Any pictures? Does it look like stock or did you have to modify the front a lot. Also were did you buy the JPL's.

Thanks
Gary

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-16-2018, 03:19 PM
Wondering how hard was it to install the JBL's. Any pictures? Does it look like stock or did you have to modify the front a lot. Also were did you buy the JPL's.

Thanks
Gary Bought all my speakers thru E-bay ..... the ones I used are not the newest model ...But they are 2 ohm and that makes a HUGH difference.....Both sets were 5.25in. .... the OEM speakers are 5.25 in front and the rear is an odd-ball 4 .25in..... as stated above the rear hole ( after you remove the OEM ) needs to be 4 5/8th in.not difficult with a Dremel tool .... there are pics floating around the forum , as well as instructions on how to do the fronts ..... look at member " beadaholic 's " Mod page She posted a bunch on how She did hers ...... check E-bay for either of these JBL GTO 528 .... or JBL 508c ...... they are sold heavily discounted ( new ) from the orig. price ....totally waterproof and sound fantastic .......you MUST change ALL four or don't bother because Crappy sounding speakers will over-power the good ones ........I'll peek at E-bay and see what's available now ..... Mike :thumbup: There are 3 pr. of 508c's at a good price These are better than the 528 model .....there a 2 pr of those also .... Mike