PDA

View Full Version : This is just an off handed comment on the off topic board.

wyliec
04-16-2018, 08:24 AM
A spyderlovers member made this comment in the pit bull thread:

"I would like to ask the two women who are keeping this thread going, and I say it that way because this will be my last post on the subject. If you want more, contact me by e-mail or notifications. Why would you generate a subject like this on a motorcycle forum? Why not a dog forum, or animal rights forum. I think I can say that most of us are on here to talk about motorcycles, Spyders, rides, accessories, how to's, etc. I'm disappointed by the fact this this was allowed to continue for so long, even though it is in the Off Topic classification. A sad fact is that there are seemingly more off topic threads than there areo ones about out Spyders"

My only comment is, this is the Off Topic forum where most things non spyder related go. I'm not picking on this one member b/c I have seen a number of complaints that the topic covered did not belong on here. When Lamont started the Off Topic forum he said it was just an experiment. For those who believe everything must be spyder or motorcycle related to even be on the Off Topic forum, click the small black triangle, bottom left, it takes you directly to Lamont, and voice your concern. I happen to like the Off Topic forum. Reading the Spyder General Discussion gets boring when every few weeks the same topic(s) are brought back up, rehashed, puked up, argued to no end, and then brought back up again a few weeks later. JMHO

I just want to send a shout out to $tuntman; the member who was the reason behind the Off Topic forum to be created. You da man.:thumbup:

Bob Denman
04-16-2018, 08:44 AM
:agree:

Do you still have that picture of him and Forrest? :D

SpyderAnn01
04-16-2018, 10:57 AM
I almost never read the Off Topic posts, they don’t interest me, that’s what Facebook is for. But I have no issues with this forum having a section for these types of discussions. I say if you don’t like the dog thread just scroll on by.

Holly
04-16-2018, 11:11 AM
I almost never read the Off Topic posts, they don’t interest me, that’s what Facebook is for. But I have no issues with this forum having a section for these types of discussions. I say if you don’t like the dog thread just scroll on by.

Wait a minute....... I thought that Pit Bull thread was about a Spyder dealer ??????? :spyder:

ofdave
04-16-2018, 11:14 AM
@wyliec
so you want off topic posts to be limited only to the off topics you like?
you do realize you don't have to read them, right?
not being a wise a$$,
to me it's a good thing we have a place for this other shtuff

Holly
04-16-2018, 11:28 AM
@wyliec

The first paragraph was someone else's opinion located in another thread. The second paragraph was Wyliec's thoughts. :thumbup:

wyliec
04-16-2018, 11:45 AM
@wyliec

I hope you ride your spyder better than you read.

oldguyinTX
04-16-2018, 12:03 PM
Here it comes - another pissing match.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
04-16-2018, 12:07 PM
there is only so much spyder stuff to talk about, how many times do you want to read about tires, rims, cup holders,
keys, fobo and such. off topic is (i feel) for anything else in your life for those who have a life beyond the :spyder2:.
no more sorry to hear he died or joke forum, no more hip replacement or drone talk.
well then it will only be about the spyder and not about harley but the forum may get boring to some.

ofdave
04-16-2018, 12:08 PM
I hope you ride your spyder better than you read.

actually I do

I made a mistake.

Chupaca
04-16-2018, 12:20 PM
Same prize for reading everything here as for reading what you want without the aggravation....:dontknow: not a hard choice....

Raprider
04-16-2018, 12:48 PM
Wait a minute....... I thought that Pit Bull thread was about a Spyder dealer ??????? :spyder:

That's funny Holly, esp. since you threw the first bone on the pile...:joke:

As for the Off-Topic board...it's been an experiment for 7+ years...I guess it must be running itself pretty well by now...and no complaints here...I read what I like to read, comment on what I want to comment on, and am capable of discerning when I don't...:thumbup:

MR. H1956
04-16-2018, 12:55 PM
That's right. They just never give it up. Whyners.......the drinks are on the house I have a good supply of crying towels for sale. Cheep.

Bob Denman
04-16-2018, 12:56 PM

:shocked: :agree:

ARtraveler
04-16-2018, 01:01 PM
Another vote for keeping the off topic thread. There is not enough Spyder talk to keep the thread running. Remember the competition that lasted for a short while? Lucky to see 10 posts a day. I have not been back to that one for many years now.

My only complaint is that some people do not know when to quit. How many times does the same message have to be repeated by the same person?

I have said this before: but: make your statement, read what others have to say, and move on. Pissing matches are what gets threads shut down. You are not going to change anyones opinion by a finely tuned rebuttal statement. You just make them more vocal.

I sense the "end is near" for the pit bull subject. :dontknow::dontknow:

:popcorn:

MR. H1956
04-16-2018, 01:02 PM
Beats me.:bdh::dontknow:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
04-16-2018, 01:04 PM

Bob, you have way way too much time, but i do enjoy it. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
04-16-2018, 01:17 PM
I thought about pitching this emoji into the mix... :roflblack:

Rogue Hawk
04-16-2018, 01:38 PM
There are no women on the Net, everyone knows that ;)

ruralgirl
04-16-2018, 05:14 PM
I didn't visit the Off Topic forum for a long time after first registering here, but now I tune in when I've got time. I'm glad it exists. I refuse to join FaceBook or Twitter, etc, so you guys and gals are it for me. Yup, that's right. It's up to you and you alone to entertain me! I feel like we're sort of family, given our common love of The Machine, so it's nice that we can laugh, lament and languish on topics other than our Spyders.

Bob Denman
04-16-2018, 05:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6gX37d2eP8

DGoebel
04-16-2018, 07:35 PM

Darn it Bob, I was still searching for that graphic when you put it up. YOU da MAN(on the left ... er right I Mean).

Bob Denman
04-16-2018, 08:45 PM
:D. Thanks! :thumbup:

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-17-2018, 12:09 AM
There was a day when I could have done that! Now I'd be lucky to draw the spit dribbling from the mouth!

ThreeWheels
04-17-2018, 02:45 AM
I understand both sides.
Let me inject a little Jeff Goldblum here.
"Just because something CAN be done, doesn't mean it MUST be done".
I prefer the off topic board to discuss jokes, or make lifestyle announcements. "I'm getting married";"First grandchild born"; "Prayers requested"
So, yes I agree with having an off-topic board, but I think that opinions on things other than motorcycles are probably better served by forums devoted to the other subjects.
Do you go to Home Depot to buy a pound of Pastrami ?
I wouldn't ask you guys for the best line to use on a CDI FF2.
But if someone here asked the question, I'd do my best to help them out.
I am, however disappointed the way everything has gotten politicized.
I see a truly unfortunate trend, and that's where someone will ask for advice and then start an argument about the advice they are given.
Just think of the threads talking about oil, or tires.
You think it's bad here..........wait till you folks try the internet dating sites.
Wait. Nevermind. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

P.S. DUH, Am I the only one who thought the Pit Bull thread was about Pit Bull Powersports ?? I didn't read the thread until recently.
P.P.S. Everyone is free to post what they want, but I'm also free to not read what they say. In fact, some of the more controversial threads are difficult for me to read because it seems most of the posters are on my IGNORE list.
You've got to love the IGNORE list. If there was such a thing in real life, I might have saved myself a couple of divorces.

mowin
04-17-2018, 07:50 AM
Off topic is simply that. Nothing more nothing less. Start putting regulation after regulation on it to please members wants and it's no longer off topic

Holly
04-17-2018, 09:12 AM
Is it possible to go off topic in a off topic thread located in the off topic section ???????

BTW.......
I don't think there is school today because it's National Cheeseball Day. Be careful of the children running in the streets and teachers pulling out in front of you as they are leaving the liquor store . :firstplace:

mowin
04-17-2018, 02:01 PM
Is it possible to go off topic in a off topic thread located in the off topic section ???????

BTW.......
I don't think there is school today because it's National Cheeseball Day. Be careful of the children running in the streets and teachers pulling out in front of you as they are leaving the liquor store . :firstplace:

See,. Now YOUR way off topic. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
04-17-2018, 02:07 PM
:D If go far enough off-topic: you sometimes find your way back to the original topic! :thumbup:

MR. H1956
04-17-2018, 08:14 PM
:D If go far enough off-topic: you sometimes find your way back to the original topic! :thumbup:
Unless your wife takes your I pad away from you and shops on Amazon. Then you forget why you was on here.:dontknow: :gaah::gaah:. Now what was I doing?

ruralgirl
04-18-2018, 08:47 PM
Looks like the Pit Bull thread got pulled. I don't understand the intolerance. No one got nasty, no one used horrible language, no one personally attacked anyone, no one brought politics into it. I considered it educational as well as a civil discussion by two opposing sides explaining their view of the breed. :mad::mad:

Peteoz
04-18-2018, 09:16 PM
I refuse to join FaceBook or Twitter, etc, so you guys and gals are it for me.

Oh dear......I feel for you, Ruralgirl ;):D:D

Pete

Peteoz
04-18-2018, 09:19 PM
actually I do

I made a mistake.

Hahaha.......I nearly made the same mistake, Dave, but then I realised the two paragraphs were contradictory and saw the quote marks. It’s not like Wyllie to contradict himself ;):thumbup:

Pete

UtahPete
04-18-2018, 10:47 PM
Am I the only one who thought the Pit Bull thread was about Pit Bull Powersports ?? I didn't read the thread until recently.
You've got to love the IGNORE list. If there was such a thing in real life, I might have saved myself a couple of divorces.
:agree:

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-19-2018, 12:51 AM
Looks like the Pit Bull thread got pulled. I don't understand the intolerance. No one got nasty, no one used horrible language, no one personally attacked anyone, no one brought politics into it. I considered it educational as well as a civil discussion by two opposing sides explaining their view of the breed. :mad::mad:
My guess is it had to do with the comments about Pit Bull Motorsports, or maybe its ridiculous continual round and round and going nowhere fast "discussion"!

Peteoz
04-19-2018, 05:27 AM
My guess is it had to do with the comments about Pit Bull Motorsports, or maybe its ridiculous continual round and round and going nowhere fast "discussion"!

More likely to be because someone complained to the Admin about it rather than it going round and round, Idaho. ;):thumbup:

Pete

ARtraveler
04-19-2018, 12:57 PM
The pit bull thread was mostly about the dog breed and the pros and cons of owning one.

Were it about the dealer--it probably would have been pulled much earlier. :dontknow::dontknow:

wyliec
04-19-2018, 01:15 PM
The pit bull thread was mostly about the dog breed and the pros and cons of owning one.

Were it about the dealer--it probably would have been pulled much earlier. :dontknow::dontknow:

I'm not quite sure what you are saying. If there was a thread where the actual dealer Pit Bull (or whatever name the dealer goes by) was posted, it would have been pulled?

I haven't heard mention of the Pit Bull dealer in a long time, and have no idea what may have transpired.

Bob Denman
04-19-2018, 01:53 PM
It doesn't matter...

MR. H1956
04-19-2018, 02:18 PM
It doesn't matter...
I'll second that. Its done gotten old. Kinda like some of us. No pun intended. Well maybe a little bit.

MR. H1956
04-19-2018, 02:27 PM
Heres an off topic question? What side of the bed do you get out on?Which leg do you put in you pants first?Do you set your coffee maker to make coffee before you get up in the morning?Do you eat doughnuts or pop tarts for breakfast? So many questions with so many answers.

ARtraveler
04-19-2018, 02:32 PM
Heres an off topic question? What side of the bed do you get out on?Which leg do you put in you pants first?Do you set your coffee maker to make coffee before you get up in the morning?Do you eat doughnuts or pop tarts for breakfast? So many questions with so many answers.

Okay. I will rise to the bait this time...

Outside, right, no, sometimes, ...:bbq::bbq:

Bob Denman
04-19-2018, 02:33 PM
French Crullers... :thumbup:

Pop-Tarts: :barf:

MR. H1956
04-19-2018, 04:45 PM
Okay. I will rise to the bait this time...

Outside, right, no, sometimes, ...:bbq::bbq:
Good answers. Happy trails:riding:

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-19-2018, 07:39 PM
The pit bull crowd???

MR. H1956
04-19-2018, 07:57 PM

BTW.......

I like cheeseballs and cheese puffs. But it has to be orange cheese.yummy.

ThreeWheels
04-20-2018, 02:18 AM
Good answers. Happy trails:riding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgw_yprN_-w

vided
04-20-2018, 07:42 AM

Uh uh, no hands :roflblack::roflblack: