PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Rochester Area?

Spvogel23
04-15-2018, 07:17 PM
Hello, this is my first post. I bought my 2014 Spyder RT in Florida last month and trailered it home to Hilton NY. I’ve been reading through many post to educate myself about Spyder ownership. First on my list is an oil change and soon a rear tire change, the wear bars are telling me it might not pass inspection.

Brentc
04-15-2018, 07:22 PM
Hi neighbor, welcome to the group! I’m in Hilton too! Live over near Deerfield golf course. Small world huh.

Chupaca
04-15-2018, 10:24 PM
From the members list there are 11 of you there. May be more non members. Check the ryding groups and clubs on the home page upper left. Also check local bike shops with all type bikes rydes...:thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-15-2018, 10:31 PM
Hello, this is my first post. I bought my 2014 Spyder RT in Florida last month and trailered it home to Hilton NY. I’ve been reading through many post to educate myself about Spyder ownership. First on my list is an oil change and soon a rear tire change, the wear bars are telling me it might not pass inspection.
:congrats: & :welcome: ..... I'll address the parts issues ... When you change the Oil there are two plugs, do both ..... put in your removal tool and tap it fairly hard , this will break the varnish seal that usually forms ..... Currently the three best rear tires are the General AltimaxRT43 ( T model ) , and these two Michelins ..the Premier and the new version of the Defender called the H&T model ...........good luck .... Mike :thumbup:

michrick
04-16-2018, 07:21 AM
Welcome were in the Southern Tier about 1 hour south of Rochester along I86 maybe we can get a group ride going this summer. My wife and I have a 2014 STS and a 2016 RTL.

Filers Powersports in Macedon, NY does good work they are located on Rte 31. They will mount non OEM Kendra's as well we had a Yokohama S drive mounted this year on the STS.

froggy_sts
04-16-2018, 03:18 PM
I'm from holley just picked up my f3 last week maybe we could go for a ride sometime if this weather ever breaks

ARtraveler
04-16-2018, 06:11 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new rydes. To the both of you. :yes::yes:

Deanna777
04-16-2018, 07:00 PM
:welcome: and 1330club glad you found us..

Deanna

purplepig
04-17-2018, 07:10 AM
I suggest you try Bucks or Kens in the Buffalo area. The treatment I have received from Filers has left me vowing never to return. Both Kens and Bucks have treated me with respect, courtesy and great prices. Enjoy.

michrick
04-17-2018, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the heads up purplepig I know my sales person is not there anymore maybe they have changed you are right about respect and courtesy , some dealers don' get it. I always supported Maddies in Dansville till that happened with me. If that' the case I will be searching once more for a dealership that understands how to treat customers

Brentc
04-17-2018, 02:47 PM
I suggest you try Bucks or Kens in the Buffalo area. The treatment I have received from Filers has left me vowing never to return. Both Kens and Bucks have treated me with respect, courtesy and great prices. Enjoy.

I had the exact opposite levels of service as you did.....I went to Bucks and had a very bad service experience, BRP got involved though and made it right. I went back to Filers this past year, and they seem to have changed up a lot of their former staff in the service area. I have since had a couple of things done and was happy with the service level, costs and turnaround time. They seem to be trying to make things right by the customers.

I guess the bottom line is to do your homework and find the dealer that treats you and your machine well.

michrick
04-18-2018, 06:33 AM
Well we should table this until we do a group ride this summer, it be nice to meet fellow riders in the area :riding:

Spvogel23
07-24-2018, 09:01 PM
Hi neighbor, welcome to the group! I’m in Hilton too! Live over near Deerfield golf course. Small world huh.

I guess I have been busy....I haven’t checked for any responses on the forum in a while. We have been enjoying the bike for about 2,000 miles so far. My only problem is the discomfort felt after about an hour of riding. I’ve read that other people have the same issue. A “comfort seat” is a very expensive option....any suggestions?

Brentc
07-25-2018, 04:47 AM
I guess I have been busy....I haven’t checked for any responses on the forum in a while. We have been enjoying the bike for about 2,000 miles so far. My only problem is the discomfort felt after about an hour of riding. I’ve read that other people have the same issue. A “comfort seat” is a very expensive option....any suggestions?

My wife and I just picked up two of the “Purple” brand cushions at bed bath and beyond last week. We’ve got a trip planned late September that we are going to give them a test ride. I recently have an air hawk that helps, I get about three hours before numbness starts to set in. Your welcome to stop over and check em out, pm me I can give you my contact info if your out and about.

Joel The Biker
07-25-2018, 08:26 AM
If any of you are on facebook, please join our group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/650714651755390/?ref=group_header

Its a great place to find out about rides in NY, PA and NJ

Lineman249
09-03-2018, 08:09 PM
Hey Hilton....I’m in Waterloo, down in the Finger Lakes. Recently bought a cherry 2008 Spyder gs sm5.

Spyderman2018
09-16-2019, 10:30 AM
Hey Guys! I'm located in N. Greece. Own a 2018 F3-S. If ya ever wanna go riding, hit me up...…..

oxfordbluetwc14559
07-04-2020, 05:12 PM
My wife and I picked up a 2018 Spyder RT Limited about two weeks ago and love to rydr!! We live in the Fairport, NY area. Hello to all!

Deanna777
07-04-2020, 07:42 PM
My wife and I picked up a 2018 Spyder RT Limited about two weeks ago and love to rydr!! We live in the Fairport, NY area. Hello to all!

:congrats: and :welcome:

1330club :nopic:

Deanna

johnv50
07-05-2020, 05:31 PM
If you are looking for a reputable dealer in WNY try Ken's in Elma. I have had several items taken care of there and they are easy to talk to and will setup your spyder the way you want it. Talk to the Service Manager Tom

johnv

Brentc
07-05-2020, 06:14 PM
Good looking ryde. Maybe when this whole pandemic eases up a bit, we can get out and meet some of the new local spyder ryders! We like doing day trips around the finger lakes area especially in the fall. Can’t beat the scenery.

Spyderman2018
07-06-2020, 12:40 PM
Maddie's Motorsports in Dansville is another alternative.........

Thad
11-16-2020, 10:20 AM
New Owner of 2020 RT-L. Live in Batavia and want to find other Spyder riders in the area. Also need help on what Bluetooth headset to use. Currently have J&M Elite corded but need to convert to Bluetooth.
Appreciate any advice