PDA

View Full Version : USB Port for passenger

jcaburto
04-14-2018, 12:55 PM
Has anyone installed a USB port on the passenger side? Maybe on the inner part of the speakers?
I have the one above the glove compartment but wouldn’t it make sense to have one for the passenger too?

jcaburto
04-14-2018, 01:11 PM
I think I found it http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?73697-Gerbing-Heated-Jacket&p=888923#post888923

Mazo EMS2
04-14-2018, 04:18 PM
My wife just uses the the outlet in the trunk. Then when not using the cord, just coils it up and tucks it beside the speaker

NM Wrench
04-14-2018, 07:11 PM
Has anyone installed a USB port on the passenger side? Maybe on the inner part of the speakers?
I have the one above the glove compartment but wouldn’t it make sense to have one for the passenger too?

I have a member of our club that installed one for his wife. If you look on the left passenger grip up near the top you will find a circular plug. (That is left as you are sitting on the bike). This is a perfect place as you don't need to cut any holes to install it.

LJspydee
04-14-2018, 08:56 PM
We have a 2015 RTS model without BRP communication. I replaced the RH passenger volume controls with a dual USB port for my wife's phone and I pod. I wired it to a previously installed aux fuse panel. Works great!159880

jcaburto
04-15-2018, 12:46 AM
I have a member of our club that installed one for his wife. If you look on the left passenger grip up near the top you will find a circular plug. (That is left as you are sitting on the bike). This is a perfect place as you don't need to cut any holes to install it.

Yes, I guess I never paid attention to that plug there. Perfect placement. Thanks!