PDA

View Full Version : Sena 10S and Garmin 590

spydernatic
04-12-2018, 04:59 PM
Sena 10S paired to Garmin 590 has connection problems

So here is my problem on my 10S and I hope I can get as much input as possible to see if it is only me with this problem. My Garmin 590 paired to my Sena 10S when the Garmin gives me directions some are broken up, the first part of the directions are garbled so much that I can not make out what is said, this is not all the time some directions are crystal clear but a lot are not.
Does anyone out there with the same set up have the same problem, been fighting this problem since October 2017... any suggestions??

JKMSPYDER
04-12-2018, 06:04 PM
Could it be that the volume on the GPS is too loud? I had the same problem with turn by turn directions being garbled and extremely loud on my Sena SMH10 headset. I had to call Garmin to ask how to lower the volume on the Garmin. Problem solved.

ThreeWheels
04-12-2018, 06:13 PM
I get the same issue just with the intercom from one Sena headset to another. This is with my passenger sitting 12 inches behind me. I'd hate to think that distance is a factor. So the occasional garbled pairing seems to be a function of bluetooth.
Sena keeps making improved units, but their thrust seems to be providing larger and larger networks to allow for large group conversations.
They keep adding features, but don't seem to improve the existing features.
I'm becoming a little disenchanted with bluetooth. Maybe it's still in the 'opening off broadway' phase.

DGoebel
04-12-2018, 08:39 PM
I gotta say, they care somewhat as they have released firmware upgrades for all their headsets. I know I've updated the firmware on my wife's and my headset twice since purchasing them in the fall of 2016. Have you checked and or updated the firmware in your headsets? (There have been 8 firmware updates since it's release) Our intercom to intercom communications has been working flawlessly and my wife and I have talked for hours back to back without interference.
The Latest two firmware updates both have intercom fixes.
10S FIRMWARE V1.4.1
Added intercom compatibility with SF Series
Added the “Low battery” voice prompt when powering on
Minor bug fix with intercom connection
Minor bug fixes with Sena Smartphone App on iPhone
10S FIRMWARE V1.4
FM Station Guide on / off capability
HD Voice support
Improved HD Intercom performance
Minor bug fixes in answering or rejecting phone call
Minor bug fixes in Music Sharing