PDA

View Full Version : New 2018 RT-Ltd Owner

Gremy
04-10-2018, 11:43 PM
Hi everyone! Been reading a lot here in the past few weeks as I've decided to purchase a new 2018 RT Limited. Beyond the Do's and Don't post, I gained a lot of info and preventive info and have already purchased a bumpskid, a set of Magic Mirrors, and the Kott Grilles. Any suggestions as I am picking up my RT on Friday? It seems like service at the dealership is iffy. Anything I should make sure I ask them or review before I leave the lot? Thanks in advance and looking forward to some great riding this summer.

d.o.spyder-rts
04-10-2018, 11:59 PM
:congrats:on your spyder purchase and :welcome:to the spyder web. The sales staff should go over the spyder with you. Unless it's changed from 2016 models, the first service is at 3k. You've all ready had a good start by reading the do's and don'ts. You haven't mentioned your riding experience. It takes experienced 2 wheel riders a little longer to get used to riding the spyder. Take sometime and get used to how the spyder handles. The more time you have in the "seat" the more you'll enjoy it. Enjoy!!! Dale

Gremy
04-11-2018, 12:10 AM
Thank you. I used to ride a sport bike when I wore a younger man's clothes. But that was several years ago and now I'm ready to get back out there. I took an RT for a demo ride and spent about an hour out and loved every minute. Didn't take me long to figure out what the salesman told me on how to ride it and shifting was wrong, not to lean and shifting way too low on the RPMs.

pegasus1300
04-11-2018, 12:21 AM
:congrats:1330club:welcome::nopic:

Philrs
04-11-2018, 12:53 AM
Welcome

I picked up a project spyder and this site has been super helpful. A lot of knowledgable people and willing to help.

Enjoy the wind my friend

Phil bakersfield

Roadster Renovations
04-11-2018, 05:02 AM
Welcome to the group!! You are going to LOVE the Ryde!!

Saluda
04-11-2018, 05:41 AM
Congrats and welcome.

Bob Denman
04-11-2018, 06:49 AM
:D :clap::welcome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD94dVu8lqQ

Little Blue
04-11-2018, 11:14 AM
Yes, Welcome :coffee: You will enjoy the RYDE. :thumbup:

Gremy
04-11-2018, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the warm welcomes from everyone!

ARtraveler
04-11-2018, 12:33 PM
Hi everyone! Been reading a lot here in the past few weeks as I've decided to purchase a new 2018 RT Limited. Beyond the Do's and Don't post, I gained a lot of info and preventive info and have already purchased a bumpskid, a set of Magic Mirrors, and the Kott Grilles. Any suggestions as I am picking up my RT on Friday? It seems like service at the dealership is iffy. Anything I should make sure I ask them or review before I leave the lot? Thanks in advance and looking forward to some great riding this summer.

Make sure the side panels are attached firmly before driving off. :congrats: and post some pictures. :yes: