PDA

View Full Version : Gorilla lift. Tailgate assist lift???

mowin
04-08-2018, 09:11 PM
As some of you know, I do lawn Care/property management. I go through landscape trailers fairly quickly.

My current trailer is only 5 yrs old, and the gate is ready for it's 3rd rehab.

I decided to rebuild the gate instead of buying another trailer. The current gate is made of 16 gage tubing. Needless to say it didn't hold up to daily use.

I decided to rebuild the gate with 11 gage tubing. However, the new gate is stupidity heavy, and I'm not getting any younger.

Has anyone used the gorilla lift system? And if so, how did it hold up? The only ( user) review I can find is 10 yrs old, and he wasn't happy.

Needless to say, a 280#: gate is going to out last the trailer, but it'll kill me to lift it all day.

Chupaca
04-08-2018, 10:02 PM
Just googled it and watched the installation video. :thumbup: looks like it will do the trick for you :2thumbs: easy install and looks like a quality product. Hope someone here has used them....

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-09-2018, 12:07 AM
I have one on order from Northern Tools, https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200316067_200316067. I will only use it a few times a year so have no idea how it will hold up, but for the price I decided it was worth it. It's on sale for $150 including shipping. I expect it to work pretty good. I should have it by the end of the week but don't know how soon I'll get it installed. I say get one while it's on sale. By the time you get it I should have mine installed and tried so can report back then. It was a couple of weeks between order and shipping.

cheska
04-09-2018, 01:49 PM
I personally do not have one but have seen it installed on three different trailers. All users loved it. 2 were on lighter trailers

for Spyders. The third on my neighbors trailer is a heavy duty trailer to haul his 4 seat UTV. His trailer is all metal with a heavy

tail gate I can lift the gate with one hand. He is 80+ and could hardly lift the tail gate without it. I do believe it is from Harbor

Frieght. Good luck. Bob

mowin
04-09-2018, 02:19 PM
I have one on order from Northern Tools, https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200316067_200316067. I will only use it a few times a year so have no idea how it will hold up, but for the price I decided it was worth it. It's on sale for $150 including shipping. I expect it to work pretty good. I should have it by the end of the week but don't know how soon I'll get it installed. I say get one while it's on sale. By the time you get it I should have mine installed and tried so can report back then. It was a couple of weeks between order and shipping.

I had a $25 gift card for Tractor supply plus a 15% off email, so I picked one up today. I should be finished building the new gate in a day or two, so I'll install the lift assist then.

pitzerwm
04-09-2018, 03:49 PM
I would have thought that lifting the gate daily would save all of those gym club fees, making it a no brainer. But since you got one, just hope that is the biggest mistake that you make this month. :yes:

TheCajun1957
04-09-2018, 07:06 PM

I added extensions on to my trailer tailgate to make loading and unloading my spyder easier. The extensions were heavy and made it very hard to lower and lift the tailgate. Had the Gorilla Lifts added and what a difference, one handed operation. Added bonus, the yellow paint is reflective at night!

mowin
04-09-2018, 08:42 PM
I would have thought that lifting the gate daily would save all of those gym club fees, making it a no brainer. But since you got one, just hope that is the biggest mistake that you make this month. :yes:

My biggest mistake would be
Lifting/lowering a 300 lb gate several times a day. That would be a recipe for disaster. I get enough exercise just doing lawn care all day.

I'm sure I'll make other mistakes to make up for not making this one.

mowin
04-11-2018, 07:21 PM
Got my new gate finished. I could lift the new gate, but it was definitely a struggle. Installed the gorilla lift system, and I can now lower and lift the gate with one hand. :yes:

Next is to see how long the plastic rollers and thinner cables last. As they wear, I'll replace them with better components.