PDA

View Full Version : Southern AZ dealer for service

8.1pwr
04-08-2018, 08:47 AM
Hi all of you who live in Southern AZ. I have a question. Who is the best dealer quality wise and knowledge wise in Southern AZ?
A little info on me. I inherited my Can-am from my father who took very good care of his motorcycles. I have a 2011 Spyder RT SE5.
The Can-am just turned 13,000 miles. I know there is a major service at 12K according to the owners manual.
I called Ride Now in Tucson and asked how much a 12K service was on a Can-am Spyder. The service person who I spoke with did not have a clue that there was a 12K service. He was asking me what was involved in the service. I told him a few of the items, he told me he would have to call me back because he would have to price out each individual service. I said never mind.
So is there a shop in Southern AZ that knows what they are doing on the Can-am that is not Ride Now? Any experience with Sierra Cycle in Sierra Vista, AZ? Do I need to go to PHX? Or do I try and tackle the service myself?

Thanks in advance.

SpyderAnn01
04-08-2018, 09:24 AM
I’d steer clear of Ride Now, Sierra Cycles took good care of a rider with major issues during the rally in Tombstone. The big part of that service is the valve check and I’d be afraid that Ride Now would charge you for it without checking it.

Snowbelt Spyder
04-08-2018, 09:59 AM
Hey 8.1. Regarding the maintenance schedule, in 2012 BRP revised the schedule and sent it out to all owners of 2008 to 2012 machines. It lengthened the intervals for all items, changed that 12k service to 14k, and was all part of that HCM oil filter design change. Real world experience has shown that performing the valve clearance check every 14k miles is overkill, and pretty much a wallet drain with no value added. Motors have gone 50k and more without needing any adjustment. If you don’t have, and would like a copy of the revised maintenance schedule and oil filter letters, email or PM me your email address and I’ll send them out to you.

ARtraveler
04-08-2018, 02:50 PM
Hi all of you who live in Southern AZ. I have a question. Who is the best dealer quality wise and knowledge wise in Southern AZ?
A little info on me. I inherited my Can-am from my father who took very good care of his motorcycles. I have a 2011 Spyder RT SE5.
The Can-am just turned 13,000 miles. I know there is a major service at 12K according to the owners manual.
I called Ride Now in Tucson and asked how much a 12K service was on a Can-am Spyder. The service person who I spoke with did not have a clue that there was a 12K service. He was asking me what was involved in the service. I told him a few of the items, he told me he would have to call me back because he would have to price out each individual service. I said never mind.
So is there a shop in Southern AZ that knows what they are doing on the Can-am that is not Ride Now? Any experience with Sierra Cycle in Sierra Vista, AZ? Do I need to go to PHX? Or do I try and tackle the service myself?

Thanks in advance.

RE: 14K service. That includes a valve check that will cost an extra $800 to perform. Most :spyder2: owners by pass that part of the service. Many dealers that "perform" the service usually charge for it and do not even get a wrench dirty. Unless your :ani29: is making funny noises--I would pass on the valve check.

The dealer mentioned has been plagued with complaints about their business practices. Not Sierra Cycles

canamjhb
04-08-2018, 07:30 PM
I have heard nothing but good things about Sierra Cycles. I think you would do yourself a favor to drive a little further and go to Sierra......

SierraCycles
04-10-2018, 11:04 AM
Thank you all! 8.1pwr, please let us know if we can help in any way.

8.1pwr
04-10-2018, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the replies. I will give Sierra Cycles a call.

Jwenzen
04-12-2018, 12:22 AM
You are making a smart decision. Have had nothing but problems with Ride Now at the 22nd st location. The drive down 83 towards Sonoita and the better service is all worth it.. Sierra Cycles is a good honest dealership. Barry and his son run a clean ship. Their BRP tech is good.

AMTJIM
05-27-2018, 04:22 PM
Does Sierra carry Kumho or anything else besides Kendra? I still have a some tread on the rear, but the tire has seen a lot and getting old.

AppleSpyder
05-28-2018, 11:29 AM
Does Sierra carry Kumho or anything else besides Kendra? I still have a some tread on the rear, but the tire has seen a lot and getting old.

Yes Sierra Cycles does carry the Kendra but will help you get what you want on the back. I'm not sure if they stock the others brands but certainly will get you what you want. 520-459-2598. They are opening their new store and planned to be in the new store this weekend so I would call to find out if they are in their new location yet, still in Sierra Vista just a few blocks from their old location. They really are a top notch dealer and will go way out of their way to help you. No one else has touched our Spyders and my husband has over 44,000 trouble free miles on his and I have over 24,000 trouble free miles on mine.
Cindy

Jwenzen
06-10-2018, 07:15 PM

I bought my last Kuhmo rear tire from tire rack.com for under $100. Don't buy from the dealer, they mark it up. Take the tire to Sierra and they will install it for you.