PDA

View Full Version : threw a steering code

wmh9680
04-06-2018, 09:57 AM
Good Morning. I have a friend I met last fall in the parking lot at a local store and he had a Spyder RS and really wanted a LTD. Well he just bought a 2017 LTD new from Rob's in Johnson Creek Wisconsin and it was being delivered today and they called him and said it threw a steering code so they were going to fix it before delivering it. Neither one of us know much about the codes but now he is concerned so I thought I'd throw it out there and see what it might mean in the future to him. Is this something he should be worried about? I've never had any codes and just had my ecu flashed and am waiting for the weather to break so I can get her out and see what she does now. I've bought a couple of things from Rob's on line and they seem to know what they are doing and I want to take a ride up there when I get a chance. Thanks, Mike

quasi
04-06-2018, 11:23 AM
Prob steering angle sensor needed set.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-06-2018, 11:49 AM
Prob steering angle sensor needed set.
:agree: ..... Not common, but certainly possible ...... Easily correctable and the dealer will get it set properly ....Mike :thumbup:

Chupaca
04-06-2018, 11:50 AM
Could be several things. Most likely a VSS code or :agree:. Mine will give me a VSS code when I get to wild on the mountain roads but it clears when the computers reset. If they did not check the alignment it may be the angle sensor which is a simple reset with the BUDS program....:thumbup::thumbup:

wmh9680
04-06-2018, 10:30 PM
Thanks everyone, Rob's fixed the code and shipped it and he is very happy. I called Docckside Marine in Wilmington, Il and talked to them and he said the same. Thanks, Mike