PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a 2015 RTL and need help

JackB
04-03-2018, 02:47 PM
I've had Wings all my life and just bought this RTL. I can't find the damn kickstand! What idiot would make a motorcycle and forget to put a kickstand on it?
In the words of the President "Sad".

YIRYDE
04-03-2018, 02:57 PM
Read the owners manual

SteveLaoyster
04-03-2018, 03:08 PM
Kickstand?:shocked:... These things are supposed to have a kickstand??!!!:joke:

Grandpot
04-03-2018, 03:09 PM
It's next to the spare tire on the right side.

Chupaca
04-03-2018, 03:49 PM
Your did not have one...:yikes: did you check to see if it is attached to your ankle....:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Welcome to the spyder world and this sometimes informative site...:2thumbs:

ARtraveler
04-03-2018, 04:12 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new ryde. I am betting you will be just fine without the kickstand. :roflblack::roflblack:

sandeejs
04-03-2018, 04:19 PM
I can't find the damn kickstand!

When I was riding my first Spyder home, I came to a red light. Frantically, I tried to put a foot down to keep the bike upright! Not possible! OMG! What to do! After a bit, it came to me that the tryke was still upright, without a foot (or leg) to support it.

You will get used to it.

Although, I can't imagine how people who ride both the Spyder and a "normal" 2 wheel bike manage it.

By the way, WELCOME! :clap::yes:

~Sandee~

fjray
04-03-2018, 05:12 PM
Drink enough of the BRP koolaid and check back later.

SteveLaoyster
04-03-2018, 05:19 PM
When I was riding my first Spyder home, I came to a red light. Frantically, I tried to put a foot down to keep the bike upright! Not possible! OMG! What to do! After a bit, it came to me that the tryke was still upright, without a foot (or leg) to support it.

You will get used to it.

Although, I can't imagine how people who ride both the Spyder and a "normal" 2 wheel bike manage it.

By the way, WELCOME! :clap::yes:

~Sandee~Yup! I kept reminding myself that I didn't need to put my feet down the first few times I got on my spyder. I had to laugh at myself that I had the urge to do so.:roflblack::roflblack:

Jetfixer
04-03-2018, 05:49 PM
Don't worry about the kickstand. Just keep practicing duck-walking it like other bikes.

DGoebel
04-03-2018, 06:10 PM
Well, if you're missing the kickstand, you better check your Blinker fluid too!
Welcome to the Cyrcus!

ruralgirl
04-03-2018, 09:10 PM
Kickstands are the most commonly stolen parts off of Spyders, so the majority of Spyders no longer have them. They're considered valuable mementos, especially among jealous onlookers, and it's suspected that most of the thieves are HD owners.

Welcome Spyder newbie!

SteveLaoyster
04-04-2018, 02:45 PM
Well, if you're missing the kickstand, you better check your Blinker fluid too!
Welcome to the Cyrcus!
And if you need some blinker fluid, you'll want to get this stuff.

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=22

They also have a variety of other things too like muffler bearings and flux capacitors.

Don't forget to get some seasonal air too for your tires. You don't want to be running winter air in them during the summer. Very bad for the rubber!:roflblack:

JFD
04-04-2018, 03:14 PM
For 3 months, every time I went to stop, my right fingers would go straight out and try to apply the front brake. I still do it sometimes.

MR. H1956
04-04-2018, 07:00 PM
The last owner either lost it or the dealer forgot to get it out of the crate when they put it together. Of course it may be in the left saddle bag with the tire jack. :congrats: on the new ride :riding:

sandeejs
04-04-2018, 07:06 PM
They also have a variety of other things too like muffler bearings and flux capacitors.

Thanks so much for posting this. I really wanted the updated flux capacitor, but couldn't find it ANYWHERE! :dg1:
~Sandee~

noboot
04-04-2018, 07:20 PM

Muffler bearings ????? maybe that's the noise in my exhaust, and I thought I had a screw lose :roflblack: :sour: