PDA

View Full Version : Extended Service Warranty

metman
03-27-2018, 11:15 PM
The BEST extended warranty from BRP has run out on my 2012 RT-S SE5, but I want to keep the bike even though it has 85,064 miles on it.
A CanAm dealer in Illinois, where I've had most of my warranty work performed, has quoted me a three year plan at $1,876 from Zurich.
But just today Full Throttle Warranty out of Florida shot me a price for five years at $950.
Both claim the same parts coverage as the original BRP factory warranty.
Anybody got opinions on Full Throttle vs Zurich?
Mike in KY

Schlic
03-28-2018, 03:41 AM
Who is the dealer in Illinois?

JayBros
03-28-2018, 06:19 AM
What are the warranty details? Is there a deductable or per job out of pocket for you? Some third party ones require to to pay the dealer for the whole job up front then submit a claim to the warranty company. Nineteen hundred bucks sounds like a lot of dough. How deep are your pockets? How reliable has your Spyder been? Personally I'd begin my own rat hole stash and sock away some each month. While you love your Spyder something big could happen to it and you're then faced with the question of is it better to repair an X year old machine or move up to a newer model. Do you plan to keep the bike as an antique? Just questions I'd run through my coconut were I in your boots.

metman
03-29-2018, 08:23 AM
Who is the dealer in Illinois?

World of Powersports in Decatur.
FWIW, the master tech, Andy Stiger, is as good as you'll find.

metman
03-29-2018, 08:53 AM
What are the warranty details? Is there a deductable or per job out of pocket for you? Some third party ones require to to pay the dealer for the whole job up front then submit a claim to the warranty company. Nineteen hundred bucks sounds like a lot of dough. How deep are your pockets? How reliable has your Spyder been? Personally I'd begin my own rat hole stash and sock away some each month. While you love your Spyder something big could happen to it and you're then faced with the question of is it better to repair an X year old machine or move up to a newer model. Do you plan to keep the bike as an antique? Just questions I'd run through my coconut were I in your boots.

All good questions JayBros, but what I'm looking for is answers as to which company is better.
Need to hear from folks that have experience with either company.
Mike in KY

jtoro1
03-29-2018, 09:53 AM
The BEST extended warranty from BRP has run out on my 2012 RT-S SE5, but I want to keep the bike even though it has 85,064 miles on it.
A CanAm dealer in Illinois, where I've had most of my warranty work performed, has quoted me a three year plan at $1,876 from Zurich.
But just today Full Throttle Warranty out of Florida shot me a price for five years at $950.
Both claim the same parts coverage as the original BRP factory warranty.
Anybody got opinions on Full Throttle vs Zurich?
Mike in KY

I have used Zurich worked out good now I have riders advantage we will see

Big F
03-29-2018, 10:41 AM
World of Powersports in Decatur.
FWIW, the master tech, Andy Stiger, is as good as you'll find.

check with I Motorsports in the Chicago area.
BIG F