PDA

View Full Version : Looks like a great trailer deal!

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-26-2018, 01:00 PM
For those of you who are interested in building your own trailer this looks like a great trailer frame to start with! If it had been available when I built my trailer several years ago I would have jumped on it!

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200660342_200660342?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=032618_CategorySale&utm_campaign=eDeals&utm_content=P6&cm_lm=5353541&STATE=ID&HOT_MEM_CODE=&MARKETCODE=&om_rid=AAUbBF&om_mid=_BauO7UB9mR6Mha

Aluminum frame, 12 in wheels, and only about 140 lbs. Capacity far exceeds the tow rating for the Spyder. $400 and free shipping! I've bought a few things from Northern Tool and have been very satisfied with them. In fact I bought the axles and wheel hubs for my trailer from them. I might buy one to build a camper trailer on. $400 for running gear that might get used a dozen nights a year just might be worth it!

UtahPete
03-26-2018, 01:02 PM
For those of you who are interested in building your own trailer this looks like a great trailer frame to start with! If it had been available when I built my trailer several years ago I would have jumped on it!

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200660342_200660342?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=032618_CategorySale&utm_campaign=eDeals&utm_content=P6&cm_lm=5353541&STATE=ID&HOT_MEM_CODE=&MARKETCODE=&om_rid=AAUbBF&om_mid=_BauO7UB9mR6Mha

Aluminum frame, 12 in wheels, and only about 140 lbs. Capacity far exceeds the tow rating for the Spyder. $400 and free shipping! I've bought a few things from Northern Tool and have been very satisfied with them. In fact I bought the axles and wheel hubs for my trailer from them. I might buy one to build a camper trailer on. $400 for running gear that might get used a dozen nights a year just might be worth it!

I just might go for that, instead of trying to lighten my HF Tagalong. Thanks.

stevencovert
03-26-2018, 07:34 PM
Make a trailer w/doggy capabilities. That frame would be a great starting point. The pet - capable trailers online are ridiculously priced! Have to break out the T-Square and some pencils now :)

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-26-2018, 08:37 PM
Northern's official position is the trailer is limited to being towed no more than at 45 mph. With 12" wheels and the added weight of a bed, I can't see why it wouldn't handle quite well at freeway speeds. It's probably purely a CYA position.

Saluda
03-27-2018, 04:03 AM
I've had good luck with Northern Tool. Quality items, good prices.

stevencovert
03-27-2018, 12:44 PM
Northern's official position is the trailer is limited to being towed no more than at 45 mph. With 12" wheels and the added weight of a bed, I can't see why it wouldn't handle quite well at freeway speeds. It's probably purely a CYA position.

.. a cYA statement. I've had my HF trailer with 12" wheels on I95 at 75-ish MPH and no problems. Just be sure you pack the bearings good, as they come with like a little wipe of Vasoline on them from factory.

UtahPete
03-27-2018, 06:38 PM
I believe the speed limitation is based on the tires' speed rating. Go to eTrailer and check out the speed rating of tires for trailers - they range from 45mph to 80mph, but you pay more for the higher speed rating generally.

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-27-2018, 07:24 PM
I believe the speed limitation is based on the tires' speed rating. Go to eTrailer and check out the speed rating of tires for trailers - they range from 45mph to 80mph, but you pay more for the higher speed rating generally.
That could be. The trailer comes from China so they're undoubtedly Chinese tires, and we know how good they are!! :roflblack:

UtahPete
03-27-2018, 07:29 PM
That could be. The trailer comes from China so they're undoubtedly Chinese tires, and we know how good they are!! :roflblack:
I wish they would sell just the frame w/o axle or tires....!