PDA

View Full Version : New member of the Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association

UtahPete
03-24-2018, 08:00 PM
I was just inducted today to Chapter 49-4. Very humbling experience. We are not a riding club but rather a nonprofit that raises funds for veteran causes. Only those with verifiable combat experience can become members, although ANY veteran or veteran's organization can be a recipient of the funds raised by our various activities.

A popular cause supported by CVMA is 'Ride to Zero', an effort to reduce the unacceptably high number of veteran suicides.

I hope you will consider participating in poker runs, etc. sponsored by your local chapter. https://www.combatvet.us/

UtahPete
03-24-2018, 08:19 PM
The meeting today was hosted by a member of the Utah National Guard who is being deployed to the middle east again next week. He leaves behind a family and a job for at least 9 months. Let's not forget the sacrifice our veterans have made and continue to make in answering the call of duty.

Lew L
03-24-2018, 10:15 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Made contact with the Patriot Guard riders last wed. and plan to join. Spyders and trikes in the back---- which is ok with me. If I want to be in the front pack I'll ride the old, slow V-Max

Lew L

d.o.spyder-rts
03-24-2018, 11:28 PM
:congrats:on your induction and thanks to all groups that support our veterans. Dale

wyliec
03-25-2018, 07:42 AM
Congrats. Don’t bring the NRA up during any meetings.:doorag:

Bob Denman
03-25-2018, 08:29 AM
:agree:, but :congrats: anyway! :clap: :firstplace: :bowdown:

UtahPete
03-25-2018, 09:05 AM
:agree:, but :congrats: anyway! :clap: :firstplace: :bowdown:
As part of the fundraising effort they're raffling off a donated AR-15. I'm their token liberal.

UtahPete
03-25-2018, 09:08 AM
Congrats. Don’t bring the NRA up during any meetings.:doorag:
We talk about our common interests which includes weapons of war. Politics doesn't really come up.

Bob Denman
03-25-2018, 09:21 AM
As part of the fundraising effort they're raffling off a donated AR-15. I'm their token liberal.

:roflblack: Did you buy a ticket?

If you won: you could cut in half on the steps of local Government Center. It'd be a GREAT media moment...

Chupaca
03-25-2018, 09:24 AM
Worthy cause...:2thumbs: great that you are able to help out vets....:clap:

UtahPete
03-25-2018, 09:55 AM
:roflblack: Did you buy a ticket? If you won: you could cut in half on the steps of local Government Center. It'd be a GREAT media moment...
How ironic would that be?! :yes:

Holly
03-25-2018, 10:09 AM
:roflblack: Did you buy a ticket?

If you won: you could cut in half on the steps of local Government Center. It'd be a GREAT media moment...

I can see it now...... The Three Amigos

Chelsea Manning, Bowe Bergdahl and UtahPete ........... :rolleyes:

I can't believe this organization didn't do a background check on him. :joke:

LeftCoast
03-25-2018, 10:44 AM

Irony is a fickle mistress isn’t she!

Congrats on the honor, justly earned I’m sure. :thumbup:

UtahPete
03-25-2018, 10:51 AM
I can see it now...... The Three Amigos .... Chelsea Manning, Bowe Bergdahl and UtahPete ........... :rolleyes: I can't believe this organization didn't do a background check on him. :joke:

Coming soon to a theatre near you....!

Goofy1
07-10-2019, 06:18 PM
Not to drag up an old thread BUT I will any how as this came up in a search for Spyder and Veteran groups. I've been a member of the Patriot Guard for years and the American Legion. I've just never pursued joining VFW or the Combat Vets group. Although a few years ago before I retired from State government I expedited the local clubs' application for an event for which they presented me with a coin!! See you on the road!

UtahPete
07-10-2019, 06:32 PM
Not to drag up an old thread BUT I will any how as this came up in a search for Spyder and Veteran groups. I've been a member of the Patriot Guard for years and the American Legion. I've just never pursued joining VFW or the Combat Vets group. Although a few years ago before I retired from State government I expedited the local clubs' application for an event for which they presented me with a coin!! See you on the road!

I attended the CVMA annual meeting in Boise a couple of weeks ago. Mostly Harleys of course, but a couple of Spyders besides ours.

Frost
07-12-2019, 04:48 PM
The CVMA is a great group and I've been a member since 09. I mean...who else understands us but us?

UtahPete
07-13-2019, 12:52 AM
The CVMA is a great group and I've been a member since 09. I mean...who else understands us but us?

Sometimes I'm not sure we understand us!

Frost
07-14-2019, 08:54 AM
Sometimes I'm not sure we understand us!

Now that is true but... everyone else tries to use kid gloves. I've been called a jerk when one of my friends was having a rough time after a breakup and I called him a few names and took him on a ride. "Why couldn't you be more sensitive to what he was going through?"

I was. He's an infantryman. I spoke to him as such. He's better. I reminded him who he was.

Jeriatric
07-14-2019, 09:11 AM
Now that is true but... everyone else tries to use kid gloves. I've been called a jerk when one of my friends was having a rough time after a breakup and I called him a few names and took him on a ride. "Why couldn't you be more sensitive to what he was going through?"

I was. He's an infantryman. I spoke to him as such. He's better. I reminded him who he was.

They can't understand what they don't know.

Frost
07-14-2019, 06:46 PM

UtahPete
07-15-2019, 05:35 PM
I was just inducted today to Chapter 49-4. Very humbling experience. We are not a riding club but rather a nonprofit that raises funds for veteran causes. Only those with verifiable combat experience can become members, although ANY veteran or veteran's organization can be a recipient of the funds raised by our various activities.

A couple of months ago I moved my membership to the newly-formed Yuma 32-9. We had our inauguration ceremony this past weekend.

Mostly Harleys, but one KTM 650 and 2 members with Spyders.