PDA

View Full Version : Utah Pete, regarding your thread on news reporter...

wyliec
03-21-2018, 04:41 PM
I guess it was pulled. The only news person I listen to, if you want the uncensored truth, is John Oliver. He is a true patriot from from G.B.

I have been meaning to ask if you watch the tv series Homeland?

Bob Denman
03-21-2018, 04:58 PM
Yes; it was removed.

UtahPete
03-21-2018, 05:03 PM
I guess it was pulled. The only news person I listen to, if you want the uncensored truth, is John Oliver. He is a true patriot from from G.B. I have been meaning to ask if you watch the tv series Homeland?
I don't watch Homeland, no. What network carries it?

I don't understand what was objectionable about the thread. I thought it was interesting that a Fox News insider was accusing that network of pushing inflammatory propaganda, not news. Whatever.

LeftCoast
03-21-2018, 05:28 PM
It’s on Showtime. The first few seasons were very very good. Last season and this season have gone off the rails a bit but thematically it’s interesting because they are trying to take on information warfare, Alex Jones/Hannity/Russia and how America is being torn apart from the inside.

wyliec
03-21-2018, 05:29 PM
I don't watch Homeland, no. What network carries it?

I don't understand what was objectionable about the thread. I thought it was interesting that a Fox News insider was accusing that network of pushing inflammatory propaganda, not news. Whatever.

Any guess on my part would be pure speculation regarding your thread. As for Homeland, it's on Showtime; however, I use my Android tv box to pirate (for lack of a better word) the series. It doesn't cost me anything to watch all the premium channels you normally pay for.

UtahPete
03-21-2018, 05:36 PM
Any guess on my part would be pure speculation regarding your thread. As for Homeland, it's on Showtime; however, I use my Android tv box to pirate (for lack of a better word) the series. It doesn't cost me anything to watch all the premium channels you normally pay for.
Hmmm. How does that work? We stream Netflix, Amazon Prime and CBS and don't get anything else.

loisk
03-21-2018, 05:47 PM

A quick google uncovered links to this fox event.

Interesting that an article about a news analyst leaving fox is pulled - likely because it's "political" - says it all, really.

wyliec
03-21-2018, 05:48 PM
Hmmm. How does that work?

All you need is an internet connection, and an Android tv box connected to your cable ready tv. I ordered my 2 Android boxes from China. If you purchase the boxes here in the States with the apps/add-ons included, they charge about $200. Guess how much the apps/add-ons cost. They cost nothing. So, I downloaded Kodi (that's what I would call the brain of the system) and all the add-ons I wanted for zero dollars. You can also get current in theater movies; but, some of them are from hand held cams, and the quality is not good, others are close to excellent.

UtahPete
03-21-2018, 05:56 PM
All you need is an internet connection, and an Android tv box connected to your cable ready tv. I ordered my 2 Android boxes from China. If you purchase the boxes here in the States with the apps/add-ons included, they charge about $200. Guess how much the apps/add-ons cost. They cost nothing. So, I downloaded Kodi (that's what I would call the brain of the system) and all the add-ons I wanted for zero dollars. You can also get current in theater movies; but, some of them are from hand held cams, and the quality is not good, others are close to excellent.
Is yours one of these? https://www.fabathome.org/best-android-tv-box/

wyliec
03-21-2018, 06:09 PM
Is yours one of these? https://www.fabathome.org/best-android-tv-box/

No. I buy from here:

https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/search.do?act=search&sus=&searchkey=km8+pro&catalog=#Homesearch201403

Bob Denman
03-21-2018, 06:35 PM
A quick google uncovered links to this fox event.

Interesting that an article about a news analyst leaving fox is pulled - likely because it's "political" - says it all, really.
I requested that it be pulled. In the thread title: Pete referred to the subject of the story as as "Patriot".
This could have been an interesting discussion, but he set it up as this fellow being the only honest reporter at Fox.
That's just insulting...

UtahPete
03-21-2018, 06:56 PM
I requested that it be pulled. In the thread title: Pete referred to the subject of the story as as "Patriot".
This could have been an interesting discussion, but he set it up as this fellow being the only honest reporter at Fox.
That's just insulting...
He is a retired Army Lt. Col. from the intelligence services. He was offended by Fox news' deliberate distortions of truth. Don't you think that's interesting?

loisk
03-21-2018, 07:08 PM
That's just insulting...

It may be "just insulting" - or it may be largely true !

Without discussion - with censorship based on one adjective - we will never know, will we?

Anyone who believes in the impartiality of the press is naive. Anyone who gets all their news from any one source is inane. Anyone who gives up objectivity for knee-jerk reactions is doomed. Time will tell.......

If alarm bells don't ring when a right wing news analyst quits because partisan reporting has morphed into propaganda, even too unbalanced for him, then we are all doomed.

wyliec
03-21-2018, 07:11 PM
That's just insulting...

That was his opinion, insulting or not. Are we not allowed opinions here? Maybe I missed it, was the thread you had pulled political in nature.:dontknow:

UtahPete
03-21-2018, 07:12 PM
It may be "just insulting" - or it may be largely true !

Without discussion - with censorship based on one adjective - we will never know, will we?

Anyone who believes in the impartiality of the press is naive. Anyone who gets all their news from any one source is inane. Anyone who gives up objectivity for knee-jerk reactions is doomed. Time will tell.......

If alarm bells don't ring when a right wing news analyst quits because partisan reporting has morphed into propaganda, even too right wing for him, then we are all doomed.
Well said, Lois. How can a news report about this very well qualified analyst be offensive? How can truth be offensive? Beats hell out of me.

Cal777
03-21-2018, 07:12 PM
He is a retired Army Lt. Col. from the intelligence services. He was offended by Fox news' deliberate distortions of truth. Don't you think that's interesting?
Is the the “expert” that fired the armalite rifle in normal semi-automatic and then by pulling the trigger faster fired it in “fully semi-automatic” for CNN’s fake news story?

Bob Denman
03-21-2018, 07:14 PM
His entire premise for the thread, was to insult opposing viewpoints. We didn't need another flamefest...

UtahPete
03-21-2018, 07:14 PM
Is the the “expert” that fired the armalite rifle in normal semi-automatic and then by pulling the trigger faster fired it in “fully semi-automatic” for CNN’s fake news story?
I have no idea what you're talking about; is this related to the story about the Fox News analyst in some way?

UtahPete
03-21-2018, 07:15 PM
His entire premise for the thread, was to insult opposing viewpoints.
Well, I find that statement about my 'premise' very inaccurate at best and thin-skinned at worst.

loisk
03-21-2018, 07:15 PM
That was his opinion, insulting or not. Are we not allowed opinions here? Maybe I missed it, was the thread you had pulled political in nature.:dontknow:

Just google Fox News analyst quits - not a political post but perhaps too topical for some?

loisk
03-21-2018, 07:19 PM
His entire premise for the thread, was to insult opposing viewpoints. We didn't need another flamefest...

What?

The "premise" for the thread was to pass on a newsworthy item. As the original thread was pulled, the rest is speculation only...

What opposing viewpoint? that the news analyst didn't quit?

Forget it, I'm out of here

I'm back - is the opposing viewpoint, challenging which so insulted you, that Fox News is objective, balanced reporting? ........

ARtraveler
03-21-2018, 08:59 PM
It seems to be getting warmer. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-21-2018, 09:23 PM
Well, I find that statement about my 'premise' very inaccurate at best and thin-skinned at worst.

I requested that it be pulled, because I could see the scrap-storm that it would cause. It turns out that I was right!

newbert
03-21-2018, 09:39 PM

Yeah - And I'm sure that you would have also requested that it be pulled if it involved an analyst quitting at MSNBC and complaining that MSNBC is nothing but propaganda, right? Sure....... We don't need another flamefest when it involves a news story you're unhappy with. Otherwise, pile on, right?

UtahPete
03-21-2018, 11:19 PM
I requested that it be pulled, because I could see the scrap-storm that it would cause. It turns out that I was right!
Bob I think you should be pleased that defenders of democracy are protesting blatantly discriminatory censorship of ideas.nojoke

loisk
03-22-2018, 12:42 AM

Bob the only scrap-storm / flaming which is happening is about the who, how and why of the link and original thread being pulled ! And even that is not a storm - merely mainly calm discussion.

No storm about the actual article...

So I have to say you were right, but oh so definitely not in the way you think, no, believe

wyliec
03-22-2018, 05:36 AM
Bob the only scrap-storm / flaming which is happening is about the who, how and why of the link and original thread being pulled ! And even that is not a storm - merely mainly calm discussion.

No storm about the actual article...

So I have to say you were right, but oh so definitely not in the way you think, no, believe

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?10163-New-Off-Topic-Board-Read-before-posting-here!&p=89078&viewfull=1#post89078

I don't see scrap-storms/flamefests listed here. I guess Lamont might need to update his rules post.:dontknow:

Bob Denman
03-22-2018, 06:56 AM
Let's try looking at this from another direction...
There are municipalities in California that are actively seeking ways to get out of the entire Sanctuary State & City status...

If we had started a thread about this, and called those local Government personnel "True Patriots": What would your reactions have been? :dontknow:
(Be honest now: you'd have been upset enough to take a very confrontational approach.)

I'm getting pretty tired of the entire left/right/liberal/conservative/dog-lover/cat-lover/po-TAY-to/po-TAH-to foolishness that's been going on in here. Nobody is going to change anybody else's mind, so leave the ugliness in your own bathroom mirrors.

just sayin'...

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
03-22-2018, 06:59 AM
you people need to buy an indian, get a hot blonde with big hooters and go for a ride

Bob Denman
03-22-2018, 07:10 AM
...Says the fella with the Wife... :D

loisk
03-22-2018, 07:45 AM
you people need to buy an indian, get a hot blonde with big hooters and go for a ride

Very mature. To clarify - sarcasm here.

Re your idea about getting a hot blonde, with or without big hooters, my husband and I decided against your recommendation.

oh and bob d - too easy so I won't bother

Holly
03-22-2018, 07:50 AM
Very mature. To clarify - sarcasm here.

Re your idea about getting a hot blonde, with or without big hooters, my husband and I decided against your recommendation.

oh and bob d - too easy so I won't bother

Your husband might agree with you to your face, behind your back would be another story......... :coffee:

wyliec
03-22-2018, 07:55 AM
Let's try looking at this from another direction...
There are municipalities in California that are actively seeking ways to get out of the entire Sanctuary State & City status...

If we had started a thread about this, and called those local Government personnel "True Patriots": What would your reactions have been? :dontknow:
(Be honest now: you'd have been upset enough to take a very confrontational approach.)

I'm getting pretty tired of the entire left/right/liberal/conservative/dog-lover/cat-lover/po-TAY-to/po-TAH-to foolishness that's been going on in here. Nobody is going to change anybody else's mind, so leave the ugliness in your own bathroom mirrors.

just sayin'...

To be honest, it wouldn't bother me at all.

Here's what I think. T-r-u-m-p was mentioned in the article in a not so flatteringly way, as was O-b-a-m-a. But, we all know who your man is, and that upset you. You really should just call a spade a spade. Yes, I'm not being very politically correct by saying that, and that may be considered racist. I don't care. Life goes on.

If you really are getting tired of all the left/right etc. etc., you may need to take a break. Oh, I'm sorry, on S.L.'s I should say take a brake.

wyliec
03-22-2018, 07:57 AM
Your husband might agree with you to your face, behind your back would be another story......... :coffee:

Boobs on the back side? I think they look better up front.

wyliec
03-22-2018, 08:00 AM
Utah Pete,

Before this thread is pulled: Netflix- Hard Rain (movie, not series):thumbup:

Bob Denman
03-22-2018, 08:02 AM
Ron,
I didn't look at the original story as a "My guy; versus your guy" article. nojoke
The subject of the story was a person who hadn't done a prime-time story in years...
Was this just his attempt to grab a headline??? :dontknow:

Holly
03-22-2018, 08:07 AM

Are you sure ?????? :roflblack:

wyliec
03-22-2018, 08:09 AM

Picture please. Written instructions are hard for me to follow.

wyliec
03-22-2018, 08:10 AM

Wow, good thing it's not naked. Maybe the feet are on backwards.

Is that a picture of the indian Al was talking about.

Bob Denman
03-22-2018, 08:25 AM
This tattoo probably wouldn't be the best choice for "going up the Country", with your biker buddies either... :shocked:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
03-22-2018, 09:03 AM
...Says the fella with the Wife... :D

Hot wife who i always say to her that she is an internal blonde and i have an indian BUT too much snow here for a
ride. :banghead: :cus: :roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-22-2018, 09:18 AM
I presume that you're referring to the bike... :thumbup:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
03-22-2018, 09:52 AM

on the back they are for dancing

LeftCoast
03-22-2018, 10:08 AM
Holly, I just read/saw that with my morning coffee and it made me bust out laughing. I’m now cleaning off my iPad.

One sure fire way to get people off politics is with back boobs.

Bob Denman
03-22-2018, 10:12 AM
:D It sure does change the entire tone of the conversation! :clap:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
03-22-2018, 11:24 AM
I presume that you're referring to the bike... :thumbup:

afraid to answer

ARtraveler
03-22-2018, 01:49 PM
This tattoo probably wouldn't be the best choice for "going up the Country", with your biker buddies either... :shocked:

Gotta love the caption on the photo. :roflblack::roflblack:

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-22-2018, 11:31 PM
As a moderate looking from the outside it sure looks to me like there's a lot of dissension in the ranks. A lawyer quits today, angst about tariffs, and now even George Will is expressing unhappiness. There are interesting times coming!

wyliec
03-23-2018, 08:01 AM
if you don't know who John Oliver is, he's an English comedian. Without posting a link, google John Oliver and any current issue that you are interested in.

UtahPete
03-23-2018, 09:26 AM
if you don't know who John Oliver is, he's an English comedian. Without posting a link, google John Oliver and any current issue that you are interested in.
Yes thanks. I like his droll humor.

BoilerAnimal
03-23-2018, 09:42 AM
As a moderate looking from the outside it sure looks to me like there's a lot of dissension in the ranks. A lawyer quits today, angst about tariffs, and now even George Will is expressing unhappiness. There are interesting times coming!

Nay, there are scary times coming!

UtahPete
03-23-2018, 12:56 PM
Nay, there are scary times coming!
And, we will have brought them on ourselves.

Joe T.
03-23-2018, 01:06 PM
- - - - I have been meaning to ask if you watch the tv series Homeland?

We rent it season by season at the video store.

Joe T.

BoilerAnimal
03-23-2018, 01:14 PM
And, we will have brought them on ourselves.

My my wife and I have been doing our best to RESIST them!

Joe T.
03-23-2018, 01:23 PM
Oh Lord! I was just about to post that it was impossible for a lady to have too many 'BOOBS!'

Then you posted this:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by wyliec http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1345530#post1345530)

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/misc/paperclip.png Attached Thumbnails http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=158980&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1521723936 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=158980&d=1521723936)

I GIVE UP!!!

YOU WON!!

:thumbup:Joe T.

UtahPete
03-23-2018, 01:26 PM
I didn't think my oath to defend the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, was going to be tested like this. But, here we are!

UtahPete
03-23-2018, 07:58 PM
That's the true American spirit there! Thank you.