PDA

View Full Version : A New Event For 2020 ??

ARtraveler
03-20-2018, 06:37 PM
We are going to be re-locating to NW Arkansas in 2019.

For Summer/2020:

How many of you would be interested in joining us for a combination, BBQ, camp over, and local scenic rides event?

We hosted such an event in 2015 (the NtA riders) in Alaska and that was a great success.

Details to be worked out--but I would try to schedule this around other events. Lots of people on here that we have not yet met in person and would like to.

And, I am open to suggestions and would welcome "volunteer" help with the process.

Early, yes. But time flies by very fast.

:bbq::bbq::bbq:

Chupaca
03-20-2018, 06:42 PM
though I have touble planning for tomorrow... I will pencil it in and watch for the updates...:clap::clap:

IGETAROUND
03-20-2018, 07:32 PM

For Summer/2020:

How many of you would be interested in joining us for a combination, BBQ, camp over, and local scenic rides event?

We hosted such an event in 2015 (the NtA riders) in Alaska and that was a great success.

Details to be worked out--but I would try to schedule this around other events. Lots of people on here that we have not yet met in person and would like to.

And, I am open to suggestions and would welcome "volunteer" help with the process.

​I'm in. Thank you for the cordial invitation. If I can be of any help please feel free to PM me. Look forward to future postings.

Al

PW2013STL
03-20-2018, 07:37 PM
As a participant in the NTA feast that Dewane and Linda put on for us. You would not be disappointed.

At this point you can put Kathy and I down, and I would be happy to help.

Les

Blue Star
03-20-2018, 07:44 PM

For Summer/2020:

I'll like to go, so count me in. I've never helped with a rally before, but I would like to help in anyway I can.

Grandpot
03-20-2018, 07:51 PM
I'm ready.

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-20-2018, 07:59 PM

For Summer/2020:

:agree: .....:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::cl ap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: ...some fantastic riding in Arkansas ..... at least up near Branson Mo. ...... If you do this either just before or just after Spyderfest 2020 I'm in ........ Mike :thumbup:

ARtraveler
03-20-2018, 08:04 PM
:agree: .....:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::cl ap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: ...some fantastic riding in Arkansas ..... at least up near Branson Mo. ...... If you do this either just before or just after Spyderfest 2020 I'm in ........ Mike :thumbup:

We're gonna be about 50 miles from Branson. :yes:

DGoebel
03-20-2018, 09:14 PM
Count Sharon and Dave Goebel in! We've heard from Les and Kathy about how great the NtA was, we did last fall's Spyder's in the Ozarks (SitO) and really enjoyed it. NW Arkansas is such a beautiful area to ride in. From the Ozark National Forest down to the Ouachita National Forest roads as well.

NautiBrit
03-20-2018, 11:25 PM
Count us in. Your NTA hospitality demands our attendance. :2thumbs:

Will you have an oil change pit?

missouriboy
03-21-2018, 04:42 AM
We are going to be re-locating to NW Arkansas in 2019. Bella Vista Village?
<snip>
Early, yes. But time flies by very fast. Yup. Time flies like an arrow. (Fruit flies like an avocado.)

:bbq::bbq::bbq:Welcome to the neighborhood!!

Bob Denman
03-21-2018, 06:43 AM
:yes::yes::yes:

viperryder
03-21-2018, 07:18 AM

For Summer/2020:

Will put on our, wife and I, schedule. Looking forward as we have been trying to get to Arkansas for a while. Now we have an excuse. Thanks.:yes::yes:

easysuper
03-21-2018, 09:45 AM
Looks like my wife and I have a reason to tour Arkansas in 2020.

Machinegunner
03-21-2018, 09:50 AM
Will be good to see you again. Looking forward to it.

5Wheels
03-21-2018, 10:40 AM
Went to that area several years ago for a Gold Wing event. Yeah, I'd go back there.

ARtraveler
03-21-2018, 02:11 PM
Count us in. Your NTA hospitality demands our attendance. :2thumbs:

Will you have an oil change pit?

So far, none in the potential garages. But, there will be plenty of space.

ARtraveler
03-21-2018, 07:20 PM
Thanks to all who have answered so far. Linda has a big smile on her face over this.

Results are about what we anticipated. Not trying to circumvent the big rallies. This will be a smaller gathering of friends old & new.

Any suggestion what to call it?

My vote: The Arkansas Gathering. :thumbup::thumbup:

PW2013STL
03-21-2018, 07:46 PM
Thanks to all who have answered so far. Linda has a big smile on her face over this.

Results are about what we anticipated. Not trying to circumvent the big rallies. This will be a smaller gathering of friends old & new.

Any suggestion what to call it?

My vote: The Arkansas Gathering. :thumbup::thumbup:

How about STA - South to Arkansas. A play off the NTA - North to Alaska git together.

ARtraveler
03-21-2018, 08:29 PM
How about STA - South to Arkansas. A play off the NTA - North to Alaska git together.

I like it. But the Florida and Louisiana people are also welcome. :roflblack: I will put it in the hopper.

missouriboy
03-21-2018, 08:30 PM
How about STA - South to Arkansas. A play off the NTA - North to Alaska git together.Doesn't work for half the country. I would end up in Mexico, and many of us would sink in the Gulf of Mexico. :yikes:

NW Arkansas isn't very far from the geographical center of the lower 48: Liberal County, Kansas.
"Griddle in the Middle?" :joke:
"Grills in the Hills" nojoke
The larger question is: What is AKSPYDERMAN going to change his handle to? :hun:

Whoops! I didn't change mine, did I? Never mind! :opps: (Apologies to Gilda Radner)

ARtraveler
03-21-2018, 08:55 PM
Doesn't work for half the country. I would end up in Mexico, and many of us would sink in the Gulf of Mexico. :yikes:

NW Arkansas isn't very far from the geographical center of the lower 48: Liberal County, Kansas.
"Griddle in the Middle?" :joke:
"Grills in the Hills" nojoke
The larger question is: What is AKSPYDERMAN going to change his handle to? :hun:

Whoops! I didn't change mine, did I? Never mind! :opps: (Apologies to Gilda Radner)

RE: Handle--I have a couple ideas in mind. So far they are not taken. I am going to keep the world in suspense until I arrive. :popcorn::popcorn:

Another suggestion added to the hopper. :yes:

GaryTheBadger
03-22-2018, 11:31 AM
I'm in, and I conveniently already live in NWA!

You may want to post in the Arkansas State forum on SpyderLovers, too.

Bfromla
03-22-2018, 12:47 PM
Come on down :thumbup: might get to meet if your closer anyway:ohyea: gotta ask are you restricted in someway to only states that start with A?:dontknow::roflblack::roflblack:

ARtraveler
03-22-2018, 01:58 PM
I'm in, and I conveniently already live in NWA!

You may want to post in the Arkansas State forum on SpyderLovers, too.

Well Howdy, future neighbor. I do not see an Arkansas State forum on the listing of other states??????????

ARtraveler
03-22-2018, 02:04 PM
Come on down :thumbup: might get to meet if your closer anyway:ohyea: gotta ask are you restricted in someway to only states that start with A?:dontknow::roflblack::roflblack:

Louisiana is now on my must see states. I am very hungry thanks to the latest on the Zimmern List on Travel Channel. Only have a handful of states left to see that I have not previously been in. The AR area is going to put me right in the area for the new stuff.

No restrictions on just the letter A. Have also lived in W, M, and I.

Relatives, lower cost of living, and warmer climes are the latest reason for what I hope is my final move. :yes::yes:

ARtraveler
03-22-2018, 02:09 PM
Another possible event name:

StA: :ani29: :spyder2: :spyder:'s to Arkansas

PW2013STL
03-22-2018, 02:22 PM
Another possible event name:

Got my vote :ohyea:

ARtraveler
03-22-2018, 02:44 PM
Got my vote :ohyea:

This one feels good. Future postings will contain the title. Looks like imoges cannot be a part of the title. Bummer

Bfromla
03-22-2018, 03:17 PM
Louisiana is now on my must see states. I am very hungry thanks to the latest the Zimmern List on Travel Channel. Only have a handful of states left to see that I have not previously been in. The AR area is going to put me right in the area for the new stuff.

No restrictions on just the letter A. Have also lived in W, M, and I.

Relatives, lower cost of living, and warmer climes are the latest reason for what I hope is my final move. :yes::yes:
:firstplace::bbq:158988

CentralCoastCA
03-22-2018, 04:18 PM
[QnUOTE=akspyderman;1345128]We're gonna be about 50 miles from Branson. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Near Mountain Home?

ARtraveler
03-22-2018, 04:24 PM
[QnUOTE=akspyderman;1345128]We're gonna be about 50 miles from Branson. :yes:

Near Mountain Home?[/QUOTE]

It's in the area. :thumbup:

SPYD3R
03-22-2018, 04:36 PM
ARK-NIDS CLUSTER = ARKANSAS ARACHNIDS...
since a grouping of spiders, is called a 'cluster', i think that would be a good name for your event....
i'm IN, if the body holds out another couple yrs....
Dan P
SPDY3R

CentralCoastCA
03-22-2018, 04:43 PM
Near Mountain Home?

It's in the area. :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

My parents lived there - beautiful area. We’re interested in attending ;)

Ranman42
03-22-2018, 11:17 PM
I like that area and I too plan to retire there someday. Would enjoy meeting you and anyone else too. Keep me in the loop. Excellent riding all around.

Thanks for posting.:clap::bbq:

Big F
03-23-2018, 05:30 AM

For Summer/2020:

Our NISR (Nebraska Iowa Spyder Ryders) group may be interested. we are planning a ride to NW Arkansas (Eureka Springs) later this summer. Keep us tuned in.
BIG F

ARtraveler
03-24-2018, 01:15 PM
ATTN: StA: :ani29: :spyder2: :f_spider:'s To Arkansas 2020 participants

The event is ON. Squared Away is planning on attending.

Thanks for all the posts, the positive comments, and the intentions to come and visit with us.

As 2020 approaches, the details will come together and the nitty gritty planning will begin. More information will appear as we get closer to the time.

I will bump this thread at least once a month.

Dwayne & Linda

Big Juice
03-24-2018, 02:15 PM
SpyArk BBQ and Ryde ? ...........
Welcome from the woods of the Village in Arkansas!
OJ & Jan

ARtraveler
03-24-2018, 02:18 PM
SpyArk BBQ and Ryde ? ...........
Welcome from the woods of the Village in Arkansas!
OJ & Jan

Yes!! There ARE Spyder people in Arkansas. :yes::yes:

d.o.spyder-rts
03-24-2018, 11:46 PM
[QUOTE=akspyderman;1345460]RE: Handle--I have a couple ideas in mind. So far they are not taken. I am going to keep the world in suspense until I arrive. :popcorn::popcorn:

I would like to attend, like everyone, will know more as time gets closer. RE: Handle, could be as simple as changing ak to ar-I know, not that earth shattering :D Dale

EAGLE27
03-25-2018, 01:39 PM
I'm in, I will be retired by them and can travel whenever I want.
Pat

ARtraveler
04-04-2018, 01:40 PM

Just the monthly "bump" of the thread as promised. April 2018

We are already looking at homes & property--thanks to the internet. See you all in 2020. :yes::yes:

jnt
04-04-2018, 02:05 PM
Interested on this end . . . .

ARtraveler
04-04-2018, 02:16 PM
Interested on this end . . . .

Will keep the site posted. :yes:

Blue Star
04-04-2018, 10:17 PM

Just the monthly "bump" of the thread as promised. April 2018

We are already looking at homes & property--thanks to the internet. See you all in 2020. :yes::yes:

That is how we found our house. Good luck with the hunt.

F650624
04-05-2018, 09:14 AM
Bobby's and CC's will miss you.

Big F
04-05-2018, 10:31 AM

For Summer/2020:

I may have responded earlier??? anyway, NISR (Nebraska Iowa Spyder Ryders) will have representation there. we have a group going to Eureka Springs later this year... Keep us tuned in. tks
BIG F

Big F
04-05-2018, 10:36 AM

For Summer/2020:

forgot to mention in previous message, but NISR would be happy to share any and all ideas of a rally. we have a unique group that stages our own very successsful annual rally in August of each year in Council Bluffs, IA. see us on Facebook or our Spyderfever website.
BIG F

Big Juice
04-05-2018, 01:34 PM

And we like to ryde, and the mosquitoes down here are MUCH smaller and fewer than up there! We were on a trip to a rally up by Harrison, AR, was riding down Hwy 7 coming home (back to Austin, TX) and saw the gates for Hot Springs Village. A year later we were living here, and we love it. Hope you find the right place up by Mountain Home and it fits perfectly for you.........oh, and yes we are in for the BBQ!
ArkSpyderRyders......

ARtraveler
04-05-2018, 01:52 PM
Bobby's and CC's will miss you.

Yes they will. :thumbup:

Tomline
04-05-2018, 06:57 PM
I/We hope to have a Toy Hauler by then and would haul us & the Spyder("Baby") down there to meet a bunch of fellow/ladies Spyder Ryders!

ARtraveler
05-08-2018, 02:17 PM
StA: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/smilies/ani29.gif http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/smilies/spyder2.gif http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/smilies/spyder.gif's to Arkansas

Just the monthly "bump" of the thread as promised. May 2018

We are already looking at homes & property--thanks to the internet. See you all in 2020. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/smilies/pepper2.gifhttp://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/smilies/pepper2.gif

Big F
09-06-2019, 10:56 AM
First of all, it is not too early for good planning to happen.. NISR (Nebraska Iowa Spyder Ryders) just completed our very successful 2019 rally and are working on our 2020 rally.
I, for one would be very interested in attending something in your area. I'm sure if the timing is OK, I could have some other members of NISR attend? as soon as yu firm up a date, please let us know. tks
BIG F

ARtraveler
09-06-2019, 10:57 AM
I have had additional thoughts concerning our proposed event. We are finally moved and still getting settled in. I was very impressed by all the non-AR people that were interested. Only a few people from the new area showed interest.

I also note that there are currently three events within 150 miles or so of our area. Spyder Palooza, Spyders in the Ozarks, and Green Cty SL in Grove OK.

I have decided not to step on anyone else's toes. I am feeling that we do not need another event at this time. I do thank all those that showed interest.

We are going to meet up with new and old friends through the other events at this time. Headed off to Grove OK in less than a month now.

Peter Aawen
09-06-2019, 07:44 PM
Maybe you could run a 'SpyderLovers StA BBQ' tagged on either end of one of those other events instead of doing a stand-alone event that might compete?! Doing it that way might even add to the turn-out for whichever event is chosen? There again, why limit yourself to just one of them?? :dontknow: Just sayin' :ohyea:

pegasus1300
09-06-2019, 08:16 PM
Peter has a good idea. TOI always has a ride and lunch for TOI members during Deadwood 3Wheeler Rally. It is a great opportunity to meet others TOI members in person without having to do a full scale rally or Ride In.

Revalden
09-06-2019, 09:38 PM
Hello, I'm a member of the Spyder Riders of Broken Arrow, Ok. Ya'll (You all ) are more than welcome to attend our 2nd Annual Jamboree in Grove, Ok. Oct. 3-4. The city of Grove is rolling out the Red Carpet for us and we'll have rides scheduled that you can sign up for (I'm leading one of them.. "A Two Hour Cruise" ~75 miles. My first real ride (lotsa twisties) was with this group to Eureka Springs, Ar. for their Spring Fling and there were HUNDREDS of bikes. So if ya'll want to go to their next Spring Fling book Your room NOW. If/when you get your BBQ up and running I'll for sure be there. BTW, the state of Arkansas really caters to Bikers of types. We love it over there.

ARtraveler
09-06-2019, 09:55 PM
Hello, I'm a member of the Spyder Riders of Broken Arrow, Ok. Ya'll (You all ) are more than welcome to attend our 2nd Annual Jamboree in Grove, Ok. Oct. 3-4. The city of Grove is rolling out the Red Carpet for us and we'll have rides scheduled that you can sign up for (I'm leading one of them.. "A Two Hour Cruise" ~75 miles. My first real ride (lotsa twisties) was with this group to Eureka Springs, Ar. for their Spring Fling and there were HUNDREDS of bikes. So if ya'll want to go to their next Spring Fling book Your room NOW. If/when you get your BBQ up and running I'll for sure be there. BTW, the state of Arkansas really caters to Bikers of types. We love it over there.

We are booked for that one. See you there. Oct 3-5, 2019 Grove OK.

Big F
09-07-2019, 09:18 AM
here is my email address: bigeff@cox.net
put me on your "want to attend" list. tks
BIG F

ARtraveler
09-07-2019, 09:33 AM
here is my email address: bigeff@cox.net
put me on your "want to attend" list. tks
BIG F

Will do

Jim&Teresa
09-07-2019, 09:43 AM
Count Teresa and I in. Sounds like a great time! Thanks for the early notice.....:thumbup:

Big Juice
09-08-2019, 01:19 PM
"Riding the Arkansas Web"

CMA Cowboy
09-08-2019, 06:05 PM
There is no Pitbull Spyderfest for 2020 as a rally. I believe Spyderpops is planning a rally next year in Arkansas.

Big Juice
09-09-2019, 09:40 AM

Yepper, we also ride with the US Spyder Ryders - Central Arkansas chapter, based out of Little Rock. We started the club about the first of 2019 and have 27 members so far.

ARtraveler
09-09-2019, 09:52 AM
There is no Pitbull Spyderfest for 2020 as a rally. I believe Spyderpops is planning a rally next year in Arkansas.

Good information. We will also keep that one in mind. Since we are the "newcomers" to AR, we have decided to let others do their thing. And...the choices are real good.

Cruzr Joe
09-09-2019, 02:11 PM

THERE IS NO SPYDERFEST 2020.

Cruzr Joe

Cruzr Joe
09-09-2019, 02:12 PM
Please keep me in mind when you set a firmer date

Cruzr Joe

ARtraveler
09-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Please see post #54.

We have decided NOT to have our own event. We do not wish to step on others toes that are currently doing so well with events.

Thank you for all who have responded.

We will most likely see you at the other events.