PDA

View Full Version : Help/Advice, DPS code in Midlothian, TX

sabunim5
03-18-2018, 04:53 PM
Left a friends home in Midlothian, TX, getting an intermittent DPS (power steering) fault that throws the Spyder into Limp Mode, making travel impossible. Friends came and got us as they have a large trailer. Got a recommendation of a local dealer from someone on Spyderlovers. Looking for a company the would rent a truck or truck/trailer that would be capable of hauling the Spyder and trailer to Pensacola, FL. If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, I would love to hear them. Thanks for looking at this post, no idea too wacky.

Cruzr Joe
03-18-2018, 07:33 PM
Left a friends home in Midlothian, TX, getting an intermittent DPS (power steering) fault that throws the Spyder into Limp Mode, making travel impossible. Friends came and got us as they have a large trailer. Got a recommendation of a local dealer from someone on Spyderlovers. Looking for a company the would rent a truck or truck/trailer that would be capable of hauling the Spyder and trailer to Pensacola, FL. If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, I would love to hear them. Thanks for looking at this post, no idea too wacky.

It always helps to let us know what year and model spyder you have,

My suggestion that MIGHT help ........... Check to make sure that your battery connections are tight.

Cruzr Joe

Blue Star
03-18-2018, 08:52 PM
It always helps to let us know what year and model spyder you have,

My suggestion that MIGHT help ........... Check to make sure that your battery connections are tight.

Cruzr Joe

His avatar picture shows a RS, a join date of 1/30/08, and his signature states a silver PE #1232. Thus I would guess a 2008 RS/RG.

:agree: sounds like a loose battery connection.

Chupaca
03-18-2018, 09:11 PM
The DPS is the biggest draw on the electrical system. :agree: Check battery, connection and fuses. Turn the spyder off remove the key and give it 30/45 minutes to reset. You could disconnect the battery then things will reset and you will have a fresh connection. Did you notice the steering getting heavier...? If not could just be a communication error between computers..:dontknow:

RudyB
03-18-2018, 11:06 PM
Had the same problem if battery goes below 80%steering wil uķol crap out

sabunim5
03-19-2018, 10:16 AM
Appreciate the feedback. :thumbup: