PDA

View Full Version : Another bone head move by United Airlines...

wyliec
03-14-2018, 11:01 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-accuses-united-airlines-flight-attendant-knowingly-stuffing/story?id=53732538

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-14-2018, 11:07 AM
I am an animal lover ...... However United Airlines is required by law to hire STUPID PEOPLE .... I think throwing that flight attendant to a pack of wolves might be appropriate, but laying the blame on the company the has to hire Idiots isn't fair ........... lay the blame where it belongs .....jmho ..... Mike :thumbup:

vided
03-14-2018, 11:46 AM
The stupidness that did this should be required to fly ny to fl in a window seat, LOOKING IN.

wyliec
03-14-2018, 11:59 AM
I am an animal lover ...... However United Airlines is required by law to hire STUPID PEOPLE .... I think throwing that flight attendant to a pack of wolves might be appropriate, but laying the blame on the company the has to hire Idiots isn't fair ........... lay the blame where it belongs .....jmho ..... Mike :thumbup:

Maybe it was poor training. But, since you want to take this to a different direction, what law are you referring to?

It looks like United took full responsibility. That was a smart move on their part, so as not to look like a bad company by throwing an employee to the wolves.

mowin
03-14-2018, 12:03 PM
I'm sorry. There's know way in hell I'd let them stick my dog in a overhead compartment.

Bob Denman
03-14-2018, 12:06 PM
:agree: I feel sorry for that little "Frenchie" :shocked:
It was a horrible way to die: alone, and in the dark: gasping for air! :gaah:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
03-14-2018, 12:11 PM
i saw on news this morning, the stewardess should be criminally charged & civilly sued.

2dogs
03-14-2018, 01:03 PM
However, is there no responsibility here for the owner to question or refuse the obvious nonsensical order to stow the dog in the overhead? Just the thought of this incident makes me so angry I could just.............well, I'll leave it at that.
:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shoc ked::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::bangh ead::banghead:

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-14-2018, 01:11 PM
Maybe it was poor training. But, since you want to take this to a different direction, what law are you referring to?

It looks like United took full responsibility. That was a smart move on their part, so as not to look like a bad company by throwing an employee to the wolves. Then maybe should have identified this Thread you started with " United Airlines steps up " :dontknow:................ Mike :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-14-2018, 01:15 PM
However, is there no responsibility here for the owner to question or refuse the obvious nonsensical order to stow the dog in the overhead? Just the thought of this incident makes me so angry I could just.............well, I'll leave it at that.
:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shoc ked::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::bangh ead::banghead:
:agree: .... there was a lot of screw-ups on this , but news article said the owner was not Proficient in English :lecturef_smilie:, I'm not saying they are off the hook, but there were extenuating circumstances ....... Mike :thumbup:

RinconRyder
03-14-2018, 01:19 PM
However, is there no responsibility here for the owner to question or refuse the obvious nonsensical order to stow the dog in the overhead?

According to her 11-year old daughter the woman told the stew there was a dog in the crate and protested but the stew insisted.

I would have asked to speak to the captain first and then deplaned if the captain didn't resolve the issue.

I hope they fire the stew and fine the airline a gazillion dollars.

wyliec
03-14-2018, 01:25 PM
Then maybe should have identified this Thread you started with " United Airlines steps up " :dontknow:................ Mike :thumbup:

They stepped up hoping to not get another black eye; a weak attempt to try to make themselves look good. I agree with Rincon.

You're right, I should have identified the thread...United steps up, trying to save their a$$.

Bob Denman
03-14-2018, 01:36 PM
Yup: The lawyers are gonna make a KILLING with this case... :banghead:
This should easily go for the policy limits, and you can "stick a fork" in that Flight Attendant: she's done!

wyliec
03-14-2018, 01:39 PM
Yup: The lawyers are gonna make a KILLING with this case... :banghead:
This should easily go for the policy limits, and you can "stick a fork" in that Flight Attendant: she's done!

I hope they do make a killing. In addition to firing the flight attendant, have her do mandatory service at the local animal shelters cleaning up.

Bob Denman
03-14-2018, 01:53 PM
I hope they do make a killing. In addition to firing the flight attendant, have her do mandatory service at the local animal shelters cleaning up.

:2thumbs:

Holly
03-14-2018, 02:07 PM
Before you all go crazy, can someone explain the difference between stowing the dog at the feet or in the overhead compartment ????? I don't see the difference ?????

You can't seriously think there was no oxygen in the overhead bin ?????

If I was United, I would demand a autopsy and see if the bag was a dog approved carrier. The bag could have killed the dog because it surly wasn't the lack of oxygen in the overhead bin.
Something doesn't pass the "sniff" test here.

Bob Denman
03-14-2018, 02:12 PM
Those bins are dark, noisy, and the airflow is pretty close to nil...
While they're not airtight: the lack of unrestricted airflow is what killed that puppy..
The more scared it got: the faster it's heart beat... needing even MORE oxygen.

Holly
03-14-2018, 02:18 PM
Those bins are dark, noisy, and the airflow is pretty close to nil...
While they're not airtight: the lack of unrestricted airflow is what killed that puppy..
The more scared it got: the faster it's heart beat... needing even MORE oxygen.

I call BS on there not being enough oxygen in the overhead bin.

The bag itself was dark and by your own guess the dog got nervous/scared and IMO most likely stroked out on it's own.

Bob Denman
03-14-2018, 02:22 PM
If you wouldn't put a baby up there: it's no place for a puppy either.

You can't deny that any living critter that's scared; ends up needing more oxygen...
Those compartments just don't have enough airflow into them. They're not sealed, but you're looking at a vastly reduced amount of air available to anything that's been put into one. nojoke

You can breathe through a soda straw: until you get a bit flustered...

azprince
03-14-2018, 02:36 PM
Where did they put the Spyder?:shocked:

ARtraveler
03-14-2018, 02:49 PM
Sad indeed. Most of the comments are based on speculation. We were not there. A great news bit. Some lawyer will make a killing. And nobody wins. United the company, is stepping up. The flight attendant is probably toast.

:thumbup:

Holly
03-14-2018, 02:52 PM
If you wouldn't put a baby up there: it's no place for a puppy either.

You can't deny that any living critter that's scared; ends up needing more oxygen...
Those compartments just don't have enough airflow into them. They're not sealed, but you're looking at a vastly reduced amount of air available to anything that's been put into one. nojoke

Right now we are speculating without facts. That easy could be sorted out with an oxygen meter during the investigation. I'm guessing there would be the same amount of air metered in or out of the bin.

I would defiantly want to do the o2 tests with the bag also. The bag itself could have caused the critter to be scared and it could possibly be responsible for the restricted air. After looking at the video, it looks like a regular bag. The flight attendant said this also. We only can guess until all the facts come out.

I do understand you are a dog lover and your basing part of your distain on feelings. There is nothing wrong with that and I completely understand. I'm wanting to know the medical part of it. :thumbup:

ofdave
03-14-2018, 03:43 PM
Before you all go crazy, can someone explain the difference between stowing the dog at the feet or in the overhead compartment ????? I don't see the difference ?????

You can't seriously think there was no oxygen in the overhead bin ?????

If I was United, I would demand a autopsy and see if the bag was a dog approved carrier. The bag could have killed the dog because it surly wasn't the lack of oxygen in the overhead bin.
Something doesn't pass the "sniff" test here.

you usually make good points, this time-not so much.
Putting the dog under the seat in front of where the owner of the dog is sitting is the required way to have dogs on a United flight -look it up.
The dog in the bag would not have gotten past TSA if the bag were not approved-you can't just stuff Poopsie in a carry on and stroll through the gate and down the aisle.
How do you know "it surly wasn't the lack of oxygen in the overhead bin"?. You do not know that to be a fact.
The dog died because of ignorance. The flight attendant and the dog's owner both exhibited this.

wyliec
03-14-2018, 03:50 PM
Right now we are speculating without facts. That easy could be sorted out with an oxygen meter during the investigation. I'm guessing there would be the same amount of air metered in or out of the bin.

I would defiantly want to do the o2 tests with the bag also. The bag itself could have caused the critter to be scared and it could possibly be responsible for the restricted air. After looking at the video, it looks like a regular bag. The flight attendant said this also. We only can guess until all the facts come out.

I do understand you are a dog lover and your basing part of your distain on feelings. There is nothing wrong with that and I completely understand. I'm wanting to know the medical part of it. :thumbup:

This is from a retired airline pilot, after the first sentence:

"In a statement United said: "This was a tragic accident that should never have occurred, as pets should never be placed in the overhead bin. We assume full responsibility for this tragedy and express our deepest condolences."
Retired airline captain Denny Kelly says the pitch-black overhead bin is dangerous for any live animal.
"There is no circulation at all in there," Kelly said. "They're scared, their heart rate goes up and they use more oxygen. And there's not enough oxygen in the first place, that just makes it worse."
The American Kennel Club says a French bulldog's short face can make its breathing less efficient, and the animals stress easily, increasing their need to breathe."

As to what you mentioned about the pet carrier used, it certainly does not look like what we have for our dog. Of course that's just from looking at the picture/video. Ours has mesh for airflow/breathing; it's not all mesh, and is airline approved. I certainly cannot add to anything the retired pilot said.

Why does it matter whether it died from lack of oxygen, or its heart gave out? If it had been left under the seat and died, the flight attendant (which is considered United Airlines when working) would not be at fault. If the bag was not approved for airline travel, the family should have been made to leave. I'm sorry, I still have to question whether I'm talking to Holly or Randy. This is where you come back and say- why does it matter?:doorag:

Holly
03-14-2018, 04:51 PM
This is from a retired airline pilot, after the first sentence:

"In a statement United said: "This was a tragic accident that should never have occurred, as pets should never be placed in the overhead bin. We assume full responsibility for this tragedy and express our deepest condolences."
Retired airline captain Denny Kelly says the pitch-black overhead bin is dangerous for any live animal.
"There is no circulation at all in there," Kelly said. "They're scared, their heart rate goes up and they use more oxygen. And there's not enough oxygen in the first place, that just makes it worse."
The American Kennel Club says a French bulldog's short face can make its breathing less efficient, and the animals stress easily, increasing their need to breathe."

As to what you mentioned about the pet carrier used, it certainly does not look like what we have for our dog. Of course that's just from looking at the picture/video. Ours has mesh for airflow/breathing; it's not all mesh, and is airline approved. I certainly cannot add to anything the retired pilot said.

Why does it matter whether it died from lack of oxygen, or its heart gave out? If it had been left under the seat and died, the flight attendant (which is considered United Airlines when working) would not be at fault. If the bag was not approved for airline travel, the family should have been made to leave. I'm sorry, I still have to question whether I'm talking to Holly or Randy. This is where you come back and say- why does it matter?:doorag:

I understand the airline is taking full responsibility, but if I were them I would investigate everything and hire a legal team with plenty of experts. Taking responsibility could put out the public firestorm now, but as far as settling legally with the owners would be a different story. It could be the difference of a lot of money.

The pet carrier IMO made the darkness, it looks like a regular soft solid bag.
Dog scared, IMO not airlines fault and that could very well be an excellent legal defense from airline.

Now comes the question of amount of air in the overhead bin....... Only a expert and metered test results would determine the amount of air in the bin. I wouldn't take the opinion of a retired pilot on this. This would be a key factor of who would win the case.

Back in the day when you paid by the carload to go to the drive-in movies or amusement parks we stuffed 5 to 6 people in the trunk of a car (when cars were 15' long). They all had air. IMO similar..........

BTW, wouldn't you like to know...... :roflblack:

Blownzuki
03-14-2018, 05:06 PM
The dog could have overheated in the bin.We have pugs,and they cannot take any kind of heat.

Bob Denman
03-14-2018, 05:13 PM
Back in the day when you paid by the carload to go to the drive-in movies or amusement parks we stuffed 5 to 6 people in the trunk of a car (when cars were 15' long). They all had air. IMO similar..........
Sure... for the 10 minutes to get past the gate. This was a three and a half-hour flight.

ofdave
03-15-2018, 04:22 AM
bottom line.
Placing a dog in an overhead compartment is directly contradictory to United Airlines' policy on pets in the cabin.
The flight attendant should not have required that.
The dog's owner should have refused to comply.

Raprider
03-15-2018, 06:26 AM
I'm a dog owner myself (whippets) and I just cannot fathom how this grave error in judgement could have happened, both on the part of the stewardess and the owner. I can only imagine the distress this dog must have experienced from the moment the overhead bin door was shut. I simply cannot understand why at any point during the 3+ hour flight NO ONE thought to check on the dog's condition. If I had been sitting nearby, I know I would have.

wyliec
03-15-2018, 07:05 AM
bottom line.
Placing a dog in an overhead compartment is directly contradictory to United Airlines' policy on pets in the cabin.
The flight attendant should not have required that.
The dog's owner should have refused to comply.

The report I read said the passenger adamantly refused, which was heard by witnesses. In the end the flight attended won out. Is that true? I don't know. United will be changing their policy for pets in April. Each pet owner will now be given a bright colored tag to be displayed on the carrier. I guess we can arm chair this all we want. United is staying in touch with the family of the pet.

On a brighter note, a German Shepherd on Tuesday that had to fly on a different United flight than its owners was accidentally flown to Japan instead of Kansas, and will be united with its owners.

Bob Denman
03-15-2018, 07:18 AM
But think of the Frequent Flier Miles, that the Shepherd earned... :clap:

Holly
03-15-2018, 08:09 AM
The report I read said the passenger adamantly refused, which was heard by witnesses. In the end the flight attended won out. Is that true? I don't know. United will be changing their policy for pets in April. Each pet owner will now be given a bright colored tag to be displayed on the carrier. I guess we can arm chair this all we want. United is staying in touch with the family of the pet.

On a brighter note, a German Shepherd on Tuesday that had to fly on a different United flight than its owners was accidentally flown to Japan instead of Kansas, and will be united with its owners.

That's interesting..... The linked report said this.

A passenger on the flight told ABC News that the flight attendant didn't know there was a dog in the bag when she insisted on moving it to the overhead compartment. Upon hearing that there was a dog in the bag after the flight landed the flight attendant "seemed frazzled and shocked," the passenger said. "She said that she did not know there was a dog in the bag, and if so she never would have instructed it to be put in the bin above." Who do we believe ?????:dontknow:

On a brighter note.......How did this German Shepherd survive ?????

If the oxygen runs out on a plane during a 3 hour flight in the US, how can a plane make it all the way to Japan ???? Do they stop and open the doors to refuel the oxygen ????? :joke:

Bob Denman
03-15-2018, 08:26 AM
On a brighter note.......How did this German Shepherd survive ????? :joke:
With a Stoic Teutonic resolve! :thumbup:

wyliec
03-15-2018, 08:34 AM
:joke:
That's interesting..... The linked report said this.

A passenger on the flight told ABC News that the flight attendant didn't know there was a dog in the bag when she insisted on moving it to the overhead compartment. Upon hearing that there was a dog in the bag after the flight landed the flight attendant "seemed frazzled and shocked," the passenger said. "She said that she did not know there was a dog in the bag, and if so she never would have instructed it to be put in the bin above."
Who do we believe ?????:dontknow:

On a brighter note.......How did this German Shepherd survive ?????

If the oxygen runs out on a plane during a 3 hour flight in the US, how can a plane make it all the way to Japan ???? Do they stop and open the doors to refuel the oxygen ????? :joke:

Check out the last bullet statement here:

https://www.flysas.com/en/travel-info/other/travel-with-animals/animal-in-cargo-hold/

Check out 4th paragraph here:

http://people.com/pets/united-airlines-pet-policy-change-following-dog-death/

Have a good day Holly/Randy, or is it Randy/Holly?:doorag::joke::yikes: I don't do this for just anybody.

Bob Denman
03-15-2018, 08:50 AM
:D Several of us have been wondering exactly who is on the other end of the keyboard... :dontknow:

Holly
03-15-2018, 09:23 AM
:D Several of us have been wondering exactly who is on the other end of the keyboard... :dontknow:

I know how you guys feel. I've been wondering who Charlie Browns teacher and Mr. Willard (from Home Improvement) is for years. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-15-2018, 10:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivRKfwmgrHY

ofdave
03-15-2018, 10:22 AM

maybe it depends on how they identify themselves on a given day:D

Orange Spyder Man
03-15-2018, 10:31 AM
I have 2 mini Schnauzers .. love them both.. NO ONE WOULD MAKE ME PUT THEM IN AN OVERHEAD BIN... I would have disembarked the plane ...

just read this on MSN: looks like a criminal probe is launched against United... I sincerely hope they get taken to the cleaners over this.. but.. it surely won't help that poor little puppy that died a horrible death..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/criminal-probe-launched-in-death-of-dog-put-in-overhead-bin/ar-BBKfdYC?ocid=edgsp

Bob Denman
03-15-2018, 10:35 AM
Let's put a face to this event...

Kokito... Your family will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. R.I.P.

OJ UK
03-15-2018, 12:02 PM
I know how you guys feel. I've been wondering who Charlie Browns teacher and Mr. Willard (from Home Improvement) is for years. :roflblack:
FYI......Charlie Brown's teacher is Miss Othmar.

Bob Denman
03-15-2018, 12:09 PM
FYI......Charlie Brown's teacher is Miss Othmar.

:clap::agree:

Holly
03-15-2018, 12:22 PM
Silly boys....................... :lecturef_smilie:

Charlie Brown's Teacher is Mrs. Donovan
Linus's Teacher is Miss Othmar.
But we would never really know, because in California there are now 72 genders ......... :roflblack:

RinconRyder
03-15-2018, 12:33 PM

I wonder no more. He/she/it is IGNORED.

Bob Denman
03-15-2018, 12:33 PM
Not so fast...

http://peanuts.wikia.com/wiki/Miss_Othmar

Charlie Brown was also taught by Miss Othmar... at least some of the time! :D

RinconRyder
03-15-2018, 12:41 PM
Several things come to mind regarding the French Bulldog who died in an overhead bin:

The flight attendant deserves to be fired. She knew clearly that a live animal was in the crate (multiple passengers have said they heard the owner telling her this) and still she argued. She is either incompetent or just fooking dumb and does not deserve to be a "safety" person on an airline.

The owner should have asked to see the captain as soon as the flight attendant began arguing. The captain knows his aircraft and would instantly have known that it is not a good place for any living animal. (My ex-wife used to fly for Eastern in the old days and the JFK to Puerto Rico flight was notorious for passengers putting their tiny babies in the overhead.)

If the captain didn't give her a solution she should have deplaned and notified airport security and the local admin for United.

BUT I CANNOT BELIEVE a plane filled with Americans would allow this to happen. WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY??!?!?!?!?!?! Multiple passengers have said they witnessed the verbal exchange and heard the dog barking during the flight. AND NOBODY TOOK ONE MINUTE TO POP OPEN THE BIN AND CHECK ON THE DOG? I am so fookin pissed at those people I really don't want to be associated with any of them - ever. And calling them "Americans" is a crock!

OJ UK
03-15-2018, 12:49 PM
Silly boys....................... :lecturef_smilie:

Charlie Brown's Teacher is Mrs. Donovan
Linus's Teacher is Miss Othmar.
But we would never really know, because in California there are now 72 genders ......... :roflblack:

You're correct! Almost. Miss Othmar was Charlie Brown's teacher in the Peanuts Movie but, yes, in the comic strip Miss Othmar
is Linus van Pelt's teacher. During the 60s, in the strip Charlie Brown used to sit behind Linus in class, so I think it's reasonable to assume that
he was occasionally taught by Miss Othmar.

http://peanuts.wikia.com/wiki/Miss_Othmar This is my reference. I collect the books and I have around 40 of them.

Bob Denman
03-15-2018, 12:54 PM
Yup! :agree:

vided
03-15-2018, 01:07 PM
Several things come to mind regarding the French Bulldog who died in an overhead bin:

The flight attendant deserves to be fired. She knew clearly that a live animal was in the crate (multiple passengers have said they heard the owner telling her this) and still she argued. She is either incompetent or just fooking dumb and does not deserve to be a "safety" person on an airline.

The owner should have asked to see the captain as soon as the flight attendant began arguing. The captain knows his aircraft and would instantly have known that it is not a good place for any living animal. (My ex-wife used to fly for Eastern in the old days and the JFK to Puerto Rico flight was notorious for passengers putting their tiny babies in the overhead.)

If the captain didn't give her a solution she should have deplaned and notified airport security and the local admin for United.

BUT I CANNOT BELIEVE a plane filled with Americans would allow this to happen. WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY??!?!?!?!?!?! Multiple passengers have said they witnessed the verbal exchange and heard the dog barking during the flight. AND NOBODY TOOK ONE MINUTE TO POP OPEN THE BIN AND CHECK ON THE DOG? I am so fookin pissed at those people I really don't want to be associated with any of them - ever. And calling them "Americans" is a crock!

:agree: Spot on, well said:thumbup:

Bob Denman
03-15-2018, 01:30 PM
Throw another ":agree:" on the pile from me... :thumbup:

ARtraveler
03-15-2018, 01:53 PM
A small direction change.

I think your busted Randy. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

I was going to wait until April Fools, but the rest are slowly jumping on board.

Back to the original program. :yes:

Holly
03-15-2018, 02:58 PM
A small direction change.

I think your busted Randy. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

I was going to wait until April Fools, but the rest are slowly jumping on board.

Back to the original program. :yes:

Tomorrow when you are teaching these young impressionable college students of yours, I want you to include in the lecture that they should never assume anything and women can have voices too. :roflblack:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
03-15-2018, 03:18 PM

ありがとうございました

johnsimion
03-15-2018, 09:33 PM
It was stupid to put the dog in the overhead bin IF the attendant knew (there seems to be some disagreement on this). However, I have to wonder about the owner's responsibility in this (1) in not elevating the matter to the captain, and (2) in not checking the dog at any time during the 3-1/2 hour flight? I mean, if it was my dog I'd be getting up and checking it every 5 minutes. And there is more info we don't know. If the dog was getting frantic, which I'd certainly understand, wouldn't anybody HEAR it whining, barking and scratching only a couple of feet away -- and investigate the situation? Even once in 3-1/2 hours??? Honestly, the way people are these days, I kind of wonder if the dog had already died before it ever got on the plane and these people are looking for a way to cash in. That could explain why nobody heard anything. Wouldn't be the first time something happened like this.

RinconRyder
03-15-2018, 10:36 PM
It was stupid to put the dog in the overhead bin IF the attendant knew (there seems to be some disagreement on this). However, I have to wonder about the owner's responsibility in this (1) in not elevating the matter to the captain, and (2) in not checking the dog at any time during the 3-1/2 hour flight? I mean, if it was my dog I'd be getting up and checking it every 5 minutes. And there is more info we don't know. If the dog was getting frantic, which I'd certainly understand, wouldn't anybody HEAR it whining, barking and scratching only a couple of feet away -- and investigate the situation? Even once in 3-1/2 hours??? Honestly, the way people are these days, I kind of wonder if the dog had already died before it ever got on the plane and these people are looking for a way to cash in. That could explain why nobody heard anything. Wouldn't be the first time something happened like this.

Other passengers could hear the dog owner telling the flight attendant it was a live dog. FA insisted it would be OK to transport dog in overhead.

Other passengers heard the dog barking during the trip for approximately 2 hours (trip was 3.5 hours long).

ThreeWheels
03-16-2018, 05:18 AM
You know, this is a tragedy, but as a society, it's our own damn fault.
We are constantly looking for the cheapest this, or the least expensive that, and then we are constantly amazed at the poor quality of the merchandise or service that we buy.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
03-16-2018, 07:00 AM
We are constantly looking for the cheapest this, or the least expensive that, and then we are constantly amazed at the poor quality of the merchandise or service that we buy.

You may want to take blame but don't put any on me. i would have said something so would my wife. threewheels i
think you should step forward, call the owner and apologize and perhaps offer to buy her a new pup.

Bob Denman
03-16-2018, 07:37 AM
It was reported that United Airlines has an animal mortality rate that is abysmally higher than the rest of the industry...
:banghead:

wyliec
03-16-2018, 09:31 AM

I agree with you; but, in this case it had nothing to do with the cheapest anything.

wyliec
03-16-2018, 09:52 AM
https://nypost.com/2018/03/15/why-didnt-anyone-stand-up-for-that-poor-dog/

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
03-16-2018, 12:06 PM
am i the only one who watches a show "what would you do?" the show sets up situations in places of business or
on the street with someone doing something usually not illegal but just morally wrong and they show if others
step in to help.

ThreeWheels
03-16-2018, 03:21 PM
I agree with you; but, in this case it had nothing to do with the cheapest anything.

Customers fighting for the cheapest fares makes the airlines race to the bottom. They're not hiring the same caliber of people for flight attendants that they used to.
Remember when flight attendants had to be Registered Nurses ??

RinconRyder
03-16-2018, 03:29 PM
Customers fighting for the cheapest fares makes the airlines race to the bottom. They're not hiring the same caliber of people for flight attendants that they used to.

Good lord man, that was back in the 1930's when passenger flying first began.

They could not be married then either and that didn't change (at some airlines) until around 1970.

wyliec
03-16-2018, 03:58 PM

Can't remember that, but can remember when they had to meet a minimum height and a weight limit.

Holly
03-16-2018, 06:10 PM
Here is an idea................ All pets and children under 10 should be required to be in the cargo area. :coffee:

Nothing worse on a flight than a screaming little brat (I mean, "angel") in the cabin area. :gaah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY09Scfui0A

wyliec
03-16-2018, 06:21 PM
Here is an idea................ All pets and children under 10 should be required to be in the cargo area. :coffee:

Nothing worse on a flight than a screaming little brat (I mean, "angel") in the cabin area. :gaah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY09Scfui0A

Sounds like a plan. How about chloroform?

Yazz
03-16-2018, 07:04 PM
I know why nobody helped the poor dog...

-When was the last time you cracked a joke about having a bomb to a TSA agent?

-Who remembers that doctor, who just wanted to get home, got his nose broke and dragged down the aisle, so a United employee could fly free.

-What happens to people who cause a scene on an aircraft in flight? You spend the remainder of the flight duct taped to a seat. When the plane lands, men in uniforms board the aircraft and take you away.

Yeah, one of these are United oriented, but rights have changed when you fly. You're expected to buckle up, don't say or do anything that might make anyone uneasy, especially the stewardesses. You know there's a Sky Marshall on some flights, don't draw attention to yourself.

They've created an environment of fear while flying.

Now, after reading the above, which are facts, would you get up and help that little dog?

ARtraveler
03-16-2018, 09:07 PM
I know why nobody helped the poor dog...

-When was the last time you cracked a joke about having a bomb to a TSA agent?

-Who remembers that doctor, who just wanted to get home, got his nose broke and dragged down the aisle, so a United employee could fly free.

-What happens to people who cause a scene on an aircraft in flight? You spend the remainder of the flight duct taped to a seat. When the plane lands, men in uniforms board the aircraft and take you away.

Yeah, one of these are United oriented, but rights have changed when you fly. You're expected to buckle up, don't say or do anything that might make anyone uneasy, especially the stewardesses. You know there's a Sky Marshall on some flights, don't draw attention to yourself.

They've created an environment of fear while flying.

Now, after reading the above, which are facts, would you get up and help that little dog?

You have hit the nail on the head. I avoid flying like the plague.