PDA

View Full Version : The Easter Egg hunt!

blacklightning
03-14-2018, 08:50 AM
Ok, on todays episode of what grinds my gears, I would like to discuss the current state of Easter Egg hunts. I know the true meaning of Easter, but let's just discuss the Easter egg hunt anyway. Today on the news I saw them talking about a hunt they were going to have here in the Raleigh area. The grass was cut short, an area was blocked off with a ribbon, and eggs were scattered about every 6-8" apart. WHAT KIND OF HUNT IS THAT! Have we raised up a group of kids that can't even search for eggs! I'm not talking about 1-2 year olds, these kids were 8-12. When I was growing up, you would not mow the grass for about 2 weeks, to be sure that eggs were covered. They would be hidden everywhere, and you were just told to go find them. Even at the end of the day, or a week later, you would come across one when you were mowing grass or just out in the yard. Is this the type of generation that we get by giving everyone a trophy. Where is the motivation to work hard and excel! Sorry, I will never take a kid or grandkid to one of those phony a$$ so called Easter egg hunts where they are placed right in front of their noses, and then the parents are saying, "come on Johnny, there it is, pick it up and put it in the basket". This is getting rediculous.
And this concludes this episode of what grinds my gears.

Navydad
03-14-2018, 08:57 AM
:roflblack: But :agree:

easysuper
03-14-2018, 08:58 AM
You forgot to add that before they send the kids out they first coat them in antiseptic and wrap them in bubble wrap !

Chupaca
03-14-2018, 09:05 AM
Never took the kids to commercial hunts. Making life easy does not prepare one for the real world....:spyder:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
03-14-2018, 09:10 AM
sorry but you are overeacting if that is an easter egg hunt for the children of helen keller if not then the organizers
believe all kids are retarded.

Bob Denman
03-14-2018, 09:28 AM
:D Does everybody feel better now? :D

Saluda
03-15-2018, 07:01 AM
How about some of the helicopter egg drops, many have been cancelled due to bad behavior of people participating.

Joel The Biker
03-15-2018, 09:49 AM

Bob Denman
03-15-2018, 10:00 AM
:shocked: Dude: That's so mean... :shocked:

Orange Spyder Man
03-15-2018, 10:37 AM
Never took the kids to commercial hunts. Making life easy does not prepare one for the real world....:spyder:

does anyone wonder why kids act the way the do now a days ?

Grandpot
03-15-2018, 10:47 AM
If little Johnny can't find an egg, he still gets a Participation Award.:popcorn:

OJ UK
03-15-2018, 12:10 PM
If little Johnny can't find an egg, he still gets a Participation Award.:popcorn:

We have that in some junior schools in the UK ( They're called primary schools over here.) Some primary schools have even stopped
having sports days so that their little darlings don't have to experiencing losing!