PDA

View Full Version : Trailer size for 2

Ryan12
03-14-2018, 05:31 AM
Has anyone found out the perfect trailer size to put 2 Spyders on the smallest trailer? I don't want a huge trailer. I assume 1 would be backwards so I would remove the windscreen.

easysuper
03-14-2018, 08:38 AM
I asked the same question as I am retiring this winter and will need to trailer both RT's south I found a 16' V nose that I thing will work but am waiting for the weather to get better so the wife and I can ride up to Woodland and see if they actually fit. In a couple weeks I'll have an answer. There are going to be several on here to tell you to just ride where you are going but that does not always woke if your snow birding. I pull a 42' fifth wheel and my wife plans on pulling a cargo trailer with the bikes.

mavrik
03-14-2018, 08:43 AM
go with an enclosed trailer, if possible, so your windscreen doesn't have to be removed and the bikes can be out of the weather

GeorgiaMary
03-14-2018, 09:29 AM
When I needed to trailer two BMW's I put them as close together as possible and measured the space around them to determine how big a trailer I needed and how I could arrange them most efficiently. That way, you can play around on a flat surface to figure out the best way to load the trailer when you get it.

Mary

Little Blue
03-14-2018, 10:19 AM
That Ground TIP was a GREAT idea.:thumbup: The Wife was trying to TELL me that same idea. :coffee:I Guess it needed to be told again. :shemademe_smilie: :banghead::banghead:

Ryan12
03-15-2018, 12:52 AM
Why is it the simplest stuff that I can never think of? :banghead:

easysuper
03-15-2018, 08:26 AM
Laying it out out the ground, is miles away from maneuvering them around wheel wells when your pulling and backing them in, figuring it out on paper is different than actually doing it. the ground idea is a place to Start. The trailers we have looked at come anywhere from 8' wide interiors to 5'6". I have a 10' tilt trailer that i bought when we bought our very first Spyder and I have 1 inch clearance on each front wheel between the wheel wells and it works. After the weather breaks we are going to ride up to where we are going to buy one and make sure I can get both Spyders loaded without much trouble.

robhowen
04-08-2018, 07:30 PM
BUMP: I see no replies that appear to have actually done it. I'm interested in a solution as well. It looks to me that a 16' by 84" flat trailer will work if one spyder goes in forward and the other is backed in where the rears of the bikes are side by side. However, thinking it works and actually working may be two different things. I have one RT and 1 F3. I don't know if you could pull this off with 2 RTs. Has anyone actually done something that worked for 2 Spyders?

Hope to hear from you.
Rob

Has anyone found out the perfect trailer size to put 2 Spyders on the smallest trailer? I don't want a huge trailer. I assume 1 would be backwards so I would remove the windscreen.

PeteF
04-09-2018, 05:37 PM
I don’t tow two Spyders yet, but I do trailer my wife’s F3 and my Road Glide. Eventually I’ll have to switch to a Spyder. Please don’t by a trailer until you visit a dealer and actually load your Spyders onto a few to see exactly how they fit. Any reputable dealer will allow you to do this. That’s really the only way to make an informed decision. That being said you’ll need a width of no less than 7 feet. We ended up getting an 18 foot trailer. That allows us to fit both bikes on the with room in between and that’s important. You will be hitting bumps, and there’s always the possibility of things shifting a little.