PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Run/Jacksonville Poker Run "30 MAY'

D&J's#2
05-25-2009, 06:26 PM
With the current weather forecast it looks like it's going to be GREAT this weekend for a ride.:yes::ohyea: We can meet at Bradford Marine, grab some donuts, coffee, etc... and leave from there @ 9:15(they open @08:30):clap:
The ride starting in Jacksonville and ending in Vilonia is approx. 139mi., it crosses the AR River twice and is mostly secondary roads, (I know this because my Wife spoke to Brenda with the South Bend Fire/Rescue, who had just completed the route we'll be taking sat.)

The Poker Run benefits go to the AR Fallen Firefighter Memorial fund (the Memorial will be at the Benton stop with photo ops there, so don't forget your camera) begins at the South Bend Fire Sta. #1(Goggle 4414 Hwy 294, Jacksonville, AR & you can get a map) REGISTRATION: 9:00 AM

10:00 AM First Bike Out
11:00 AM Last Bike Out
Lunch will be provided at the end of the ride in Vilonia @ the Fire Dept.:D

Cost: $20, this will include your poker card, T-shirt(for the 1st 200 reg.), door prize ticket, and meal ticket.
$10 per co-rider, this will include your poker card, door prize ticket, and meal ticket.
$10 per extra T-shirt
$5 per extra meal ticket
If I can answer any of your questions please ask or go to the contacts below.
For more info contact Brenda 501-247-2846, Hubert Chapman 501-676-6693 or Keith Hillman 501-416-6888
or e-mail @ southbendpokerrun@yahoo.com

P.S. Please let me know if your going to show so I can let Brenda know how many T-shirts to reserve for us.

D&J's#2
05-26-2009, 08:46 PM
According to all the information I'm getting from past participants of the AR Fallen Firefighters Poker Run, it sounds like we should get to the Southbend Firestation in Jacksonville A.S.A.P. (1st yr of Poker run was 600 bikes, the 2nd yr"last yr" was 900 bikes) I'm thinking we should leave Bradford Marine no later than 9:00 a.m. sat.

Any input??

TONY YOUNG
05-28-2009, 05:19 PM
According to all the information I'm getting from past participants of the AR Fallen Firefighters Poker Run, it sounds like we should get to the Southbend Firestation in Jacksonville A.S.A.P. (1st yr of Poker run was 600 bikes, the 2nd yr"last yr" was 900 bikes) I'm thinking we should leave Bradford Marine no later than 9:00 a.m. sat.

Any input??

No takers on the poker run, that stinks that sounded like a cool thing to do!! Of coarse I cant go so :dontknow:. ... People must not be getting the message, its kinda hard to find this forum I guess. Maybe we need to make a ryde like a month in advance and I could tell customers as they come in and check stuff out, I'm gonna get a list of everyone who owns a spyder in the area and try to send out a flyer or e-mail blast or something-..We should have penty of donuts to eat come Saturday though. You guys are doing a great job trying to get something going -so Thanks again for that!!!:2thumbs:

D&J's#2
05-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Tony,
I suspect that the people who had previously responded:clap:, were "ready to go " and then --THE RAIN -- and not just one weekend rained out but--:gaah:
It IS frustrating for not just us, but also for boaters, bicycle riders, hikers, and well, just about any outdoor activity. So maybe everyone is a little gun shy in regards to what to expect from the weather:gaah:I am too:dontknow:but, I love to ryde that Spyder would like to ryde with other people who feel the same.

I would like to take a ride to Greers Ferry Sat. or Sun. depending on what happens Sat.:pray:

I've posted a Spyder General Discussion thread and then redirected anyone interested to the Arkansas sub-forum for further info.

Jeaux
05-28-2009, 11:04 PM
I have to work all weekend..........(feeling your pain, Tony....), but I'll try and get by there Saturday morning..... Timeframe??
I'd like to meet some of the other Spyder owners around here !!!
.........and, there was some mention of donuts............

SPYDERPOPS
05-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Well, Aaron and I really didn't want to do the poker run yet wanted to do a nice ride. We were considering taking a route from Hot Springs through Mt. Ida then to Pencil Bluff to Mena. Look at the tornado damage and then get on 88 and to the Wilamena scenic route to Queen Wilamena State Park and then keep on 88 to OK 100 and do the Kiamichi Mtns. to US 259 and make the loop to Broken Bow and back on US 70.

Would you like to join us for this ride?

Jeaux
05-29-2009, 11:29 PM
I'd really like to make that ride, but have to work this weekend...........
I plan to run to Bradford Saturday morning before I go out to the job site, in any case........ likely 8:30 - 9:00 or so...........

SPYDERPOPS
05-31-2009, 10:02 AM
We didn't get to go yesterday due to limp mode. The resisted was bad in my new NM brake light conversion. I will be sending them back tomorrow however I have fooled the nanny so we can ride today. I wired in a socket for a 1157 and the codes went away. I have the bulb and socket hanging out the side and a yellow plastic ball over it to protect it. We went riding last night and it was like having my own personal mobile BUG LIGHT.

boatcruzin
05-31-2009, 02:06 PM
I would of loved to came to to the run but it takes me 3 hrs. to get to Little Rock and we had to be there at 9 and then do the run then back home . I could of went up the night before and stayed but I just could not make it !

D&J's#2
05-31-2009, 08:36 PM
Understand, thanks for chiming in.:2thumbs: I'll try to get something together for a ride that starts later so that our distant ryers can get there without getting up so-o-o-o early. My Wife and I rode to Petit Jean State Park again this weekend and it was awsome.:yes:Lots of bikes but wee were the only Spyder that we saw.:gaah:That ryde would get you going back towards home anyway. Thanks again, and keep on:spyder2:ryd'n.:doorag:

D&J's#2
05-31-2009, 08:43 PM
Sorry to hear about your problems Bro., but am glad you did get to get out and ryde later on Hang in there:spyder: We'll get something together soon that I hope is agreeable for all, or most anyway:chat:

SPYDERPOPS
06-01-2009, 11:52 AM
We made the ride on Talimena Drive and the total was just at 300 mi. round trip from Hot Springs. It was a really good ride and the weather was perfect.

Taking off my brake lights now to send back.

Talk later,
Harvey