PDA

View Full Version : I passed the test!

Cavman
03-11-2018, 10:11 PM
I have a friend that has an Electrical Engineering degree that has been ham radio guy for many years. His has the Advanced License. My goal for over the past 15 years was to have a license higher than him. So yesterday I finally passed the Extra License exam! :D
The other bonus is that I can be on more of the HF band spectrum.

Being mostly right brained, the learning has been a slog for me. Also, I haven’t had any electrical courses for over 40 years. I have been studying off and on for over 15 years as life gotten in the way.
Soon I’ll start one of the Gordon West code courses as I learned enough code to pass the Novice class back in the mid 1980’s.

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-11-2018, 10:52 PM
I have a friend that has an Electrical Engineering degree that has been ham radio guy for many years. His has the Advanced License. My goal for over the past 15 years was to have a license higher than him. So yesterday I finally passed the Extra License exam! :D
The other bonus is that I can be on more of the HF band spectrum.

Being mostly right brained, the learning has been a slog for me. Also, I haven’t had any electrical courses for over 40 years. I have been studying off and on for over 15 years as life gotten in the way.
Soon I’ll start one of the Gordon West code courses as I learned enough code to pass the Novice class back in the mid 1980’s.
:agree: &:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::cla p::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: to you ... Mike :bbq:

Chupaca
03-12-2018, 12:46 AM
Well done..:clap::clap:It all boils down to you got it done...:2thumbs:

ironbuttdean
03-12-2018, 06:51 AM
Finally passed my general last year. Retirement in twenty months and will start spending more time studying and playing.

nhoj
03-12-2018, 09:36 AM
... the learning has been a slog for me. ... as life gotten in the way.

Congrats. I got mine way back in the 80's and I found it tough then. Now I would never be able to do it.
Very well done, I admire you.
John

Cavman
03-12-2018, 12:12 PM
Ironbuttdean get on the hamtestonline.com program. It was suggested by some VEs to me a couple of weeks ago. I was using Gordon West’s book for a while but the online was better. It would explain the information better. Rehashing questions I was missing, etc.

BilltheDiver
03-12-2018, 01:20 PM
Congratulations! I got my Advanced back in the 80's. Never went for Extra. Haven't been active for several years now. I'm glad to see some are still pursuing and enjoying it.

d.o.spyder-rts
03-12-2018, 06:53 PM
:congrats: on passing your test!! :yes::yes: Dale